Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

NA > EU: The All-Stars aftermatch

Creator: Vynertje May 12, 2014 2:31am
1 2
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2014 2:31am | Report
NA > EU. Yeah, that's how it is right now. The competitive scene for NA is changing really quickly and that's showing in they way they rank up to EU right now. I am basing this thread on a post made by [A] Tabzz, a LCS player and fellow Dutchmen.

For those who haven't read his post, he basically explains why NA has a much better gaming infrastructure than EU at the moment. There isn't a single team in Europe that has a coach and analyst or a dedicated staff - and that is showing in the ramp-up to the Summer Split 2014. The NA scene is getting better while EU is afraid to make changes.

This is being shown by the amount of roster changes happening. All the NA teams that (according to their management or players) under-performed are undergoing massive changes; TSM after the 0-3 stomp vs C9, Dignitas, Curse and EG (they have announced to do tryouts for new players - but nothing has been official yet) after having no impact at all during the split and with the introduction of two fresh challenger teams. Everyone wants to make sure they won't experience another disappointing split and because of the scene getting stronger through the introduction of European players and foreign teams, they are forced into roster changes to make their team stronger as well.

But not only roster changes are happening, the teams are improving their management and staff as well. Scarra announced after stepping down that he'll remain on the team as a coach and that he will be looking for professial management - something that is mandatory for a good team infrastructure and efficient teamwork. Of course, another great example is MonteChristo becoming a coach/analyst for CLG which has certainly worked out really well so far.

Looking at Europe, there have been little to no changes. Gambit Gaming and Copenhagen Wolves are the only teams undergoing changes and these have been forced; they lost their best players. Only SHC made a change to actually step forward going into next season. Besides that, there are (so far) no teams with an analyst. SK is the only team with a good management which has shown in their performance, everyone expected them to finish last but they ended the split in first!

Alliance and Fnatic are now the first teams to be actively looking for an analyst/coach but there are no free agents like that anymore. Because the European scene is so far behind, the teams are unable to find anyone like that within such short notice. This probably requires someone to step down from his old team first.

It definitely isn't the players fault. You can't expect 17-22 year old players to run a team professionally. Europe still has way better individual players (look at the likes of Froggen and Rekkles) but without professional management they just won't be able to play and work as effectively of a team as Koreans do right now.

That is why I think we will see the North American scene actually overtaking Europe in the upcoming split; they actually made changes to start competing with the rest of the world again. They run their teams professionally which is the start to something bigger. It's too early to start comparing their gaming infrastructure to Korea yet, but it's a start to actually get back into the game. If Europe keeps lacking behind, all we will have left soon is a bunch of unstable servers, a toxic community and no regional pride.

On that note, my highschool (or gymnasium, as we call it in Holland) finals will start today. I might be a bit busier than I normally am so you'll probably see less spam coming from me.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2014 3:50am | Report
And if it does happen you'll have a toxic community, a bunch of unstable servers, and some regional pride (but only if you're from North Europe)

Basically MOBAFire.
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2014 1:38am | Report
As much as I hate to admit it (my european pride takes some damage) I have to agree with you. I've been a hardcore Fnatic fan since I started watching the LCS and they have all improved individually since then, and that has been enough for a long time.

Right now however, North America has had it with being the weaker region and they are trying to improve until the next split. If Europe doesn't do the same they will surely fall back quite drastically. Even the stronger teams like Fnatic and Gambit.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2014 1:59am | Report
Gambit definitely isn't among the strongest teams in EU right now. It's gonna be all about Alliance, Fnatic and SK to actually make Europe proud again.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2014 2:26am | Report
I still think professional gamers take this game a tad bit too seriously for my liking, which is why I always preferred European teams.
Either way, I'm hoping for alliance to rise up to the best European team :3
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2014 2:30am | Report
With millions of people watching and a million dollars at stake every season, why would you not take it seriously?
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2014 1:25pm | Report
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2014 1:35pm | Report
I think Fnatic definitely has the potential to keep up with the Chinese and even Korean teams but they have to bring their A game. Their All-Stars performance was dreadful, even with the crowd being at their side. Btw epic crowd, even if they're Frenchies. :P
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2014 2:06am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

With millions of people watching and a million dollars at stake every season, why would you not take it seriously?

I don't know, I like watching the game as just a game. It being strictly a source of income makes it lose it's charm for me, no matter how good the professional players are.
kind of unrelated rant ahead :D
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2014 11:49am | Report
as far as i know it is like that for other sports
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide