Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Need help with spending my rp!

Creator: cooper56 April 10, 2012 5:37pm
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 7:14pm | Report
cooper56 wrote:

There free for a week you still have to buy them.

Uhh, not with actual money. :P

If I had a job and was getting leftover money though I'm sure I'd end up spending a lot more.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 8:10pm | Report
Most important thing u can spend ur IP on is runes. Spend cash to get champs, never spend IP unless you already have like 6 full runepages and most of the GOOD runes already. then go ahead and spend IP on whatever you want. The skins are, well, a personal preference thing. I only buy skins on champs i play ALOT. But ive got a few extra bucks im not doing anything with, so i can afford to do that. Remember that skins are a LUXURY item, not essential to gameplay. Get the stuff that is essential to gameplay FIRST (wide champ pool to fill any role and runes) and THEN go for the bling. (Even tho Gentleman Cho'Gath is THE **** and EVERYONE that plays cho alot SHOULD have it... i see your point, but self restraint is the only thing separating us from animals, right?)
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 8:19pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Personally I wouldn't spend RP on champions, like, ever.

Right now I can't spend money on LoL, so I'm stuck saving IP for champs.

... I only have 2 runesets, and they're woefully inadequate (1 of AS quints/marks, armor yellows, mres blues and one of AD marks, 2 AD quints, 1 AS quint, and same yellows/blues). On the upside, all champs can use AD to lasthit.
My guides:
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 8:53pm | Report
I've never spent RP on champs or runes, and have almost all the champs I want, and am only missing a few runes I want. WAT NOW GAIS!!?? :O

Also, spending like $15-20 on ONE skin is OP.
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 8:55pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Uhh, not with actual money. :P

If I had a job and was getting leftover money though I'm sure I'd end up spending a lot more.

You do know how long its takes to get that much ip for 6,400 champ?

I could make enough to buy it with real money in one hour in what you spend 5 hours a day doing for a week just for one champ.

Unless your low on money or struggling i dont see how its bad to spend rp for champions.

Also i bought most them on sale btw not just full 970 w/e rp.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 8:56pm | Report
definitely belongs here: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/general/which-champion-should-i-buy-should-i-get-xxx-or-xxx-which-from-the-following-should-i-get-megathread-3750

Mobafire won't hyperlink such a long link sometimes, you can either copy and paste it, or its sticked at the top of General Discussion.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 8:56pm | Report
RCIX wrote:

Right now I can't spend money on LoL, so I'm stuck saving IP for champs.

... I only have 2 runesets, and they're woefully inadequate (1 of AS quints/marks, armor yellows, mres blues and one of AD marks, 2 AD quints, 1 AS quint, and same yellows/blues). On the upside, all champs can use AD to lasthit.

I got six runepages for AD, AP (currently swapping mreg/lvl to health/lvl), Tank (basically just Shen), Jungle, Support and Akali. And 26 champions.

cooper56 wrote:

You do know how long its takes to get that much ip for 6,400 champ?

Yes, I just bought two in a row and will be getting a third once I'm done getting health/lvl runes. And I already bought two 6300 champs before I even reached level 30.
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 9:00pm | Report
cooper56 wrote:
I could make enough to buy it with real money in one hour in what you spend 5 hours a day doing for a week just for one champ.

Haha, this definitely has a point. If you're working and can afford buying RP, better spend those on champs :D

Because as you said 1 day of work > a whole week of playing LoL to farn up 63 hundred IP.
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 9:32pm | Report
albableat wrote:

Haha, this definitely has a point. If you're working and can afford buying RP, better spend those on champs :D

Because as you said 1 day of work > a whole week of playing LoL to farn up 63 hundred IP.

Thats the point the reason you dont get alot ip for matches they want you to spend money its a f2p game dont forget.

They usually revolve around ether playing loads or spending money.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 11:23pm | Report
implying playing the games to save for the champion is considered "work"
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide