Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Need help with spending my rp!

Creator: cooper56 April 10, 2012 5:37pm
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 1:54am | Report
^That. I don't play LoL to unlock champs, I play it for fun. The champs are just an added bonus.

The way I see it, is if you just went out, and bought a brand new fighting game (regardless of whether or not you like fighting games, that's irrelevant, don't make this about that) would you pay extra money to have the game already beaten for you, and all the characters unlocked?

That seems kinda silly to me, it's like paying to remove replayability.

Also, farming isn`t even very hard if you try. There was one time where I admit, I played LoL regardless of not wanting to, because I wanted to farm enough for Kennen so that I could get his skin which happened to be on sale that week, before it went off sale.

Long story short, I grinded 4kIP in 3 days, without boosts. It does not take 1-2 weeks to grind a 6300. Especially if you wanna grind REALLY hard, and you have the tribunal open at the same time, judging people while playing.

If I did that, I Garentee I could get around 2500 daily. But that would be treating the game as work, which is silly imo. I play for fun, and to better myself. I don't even use half the champs I've bought anyway. :P
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 12:47pm | Report
How many games did you have to play daily to farm up that much in 3 days? O_o
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 12:50pm | Report
albableat wrote:

How many games did you have to play daily to farm up that much in 3 days? O_o

Someone did the math to how many games you would have to play in a 2 week period to unlock every champion if you were getting every new champ ASAP.

I think the math was about 9 years, no RP spent, with a 4-5 games a day at a 50% W/L ratio or something like that, for every champ in the game.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 1:06pm | Report
Quoted:

implying playing the games to save for the champion is considered "work"

Implying that most people can play game over 6 hours a day nice
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2012 4:21pm | Report
@Lugi No way that's true, I have like 45-ish champs, and have only been playing like a year or so, and I DO NOT play 5 games a day.

On top of that, who the hell wants every champ...?
I can only think of maybe 3-4 more that I'd even buy.

@Alba, quite a lot, it was rather unpleasant.

@Cooper How is he implying that? He's simply saying that playing a video game isn't work.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2012 4:25pm | Report
It was some denomination of 9. Probably months but that doesn't sound right either.
This is also if they keep up on the 2 week release schedule.

Gimmie a minute and I'll go find the post.

EDIT: Can't find it. Maybe I'll find it later, dunno.
True love is found only in yourself.
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2012 4:37pm | Report

@Lugi No way that's true, I have like 45-ish champs, and have only been playing like a year or so, and I DO NOT play 5 games a day.

On top of that, who the hell wants every champ...?
I can only think of maybe 3-4 more that I'd even buy.

@Alba, quite a lot, it was rather unpleasant.

@Cooper How is he implying that? He's simply saying that playing a video game isn't work.

Never implied it was work ether what im saying is f2p games make it so you need to spend hour son end to get enough to do stuff they want you to spend real money so they do this.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2012 4:41pm | Report
Give your RP to me cooper.

I'll help you spend it.
Vitigam
<Member>
Vitigam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2012 7:30am | Report
Lol, I only buy champs when they are on sale. I dont' ever buy them at full price.
Thanks to Arcana3

Check Out All These Peeps Who Make Sigs <3
LaCorpse, Jhoijhoi, Miss Maw, Arcana3
Xiron
Sept
<Member>
Sept's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2012 10:17am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Meh, I just feel like it's wasting money when you can get them for free anyway if you're willing to wait.

I actually kinda like having to save up for champions, it makes you feel pretty awesome when you finally get to 6300 and you can buy them. Then in the next five games your teammates instalock that role and you can't play them anyway.

Agreed, i mean why spend rp on buying champs when you can buy them with ip anyways. lawl i only buy skins with rp o.O i am only missing a few champs so far, and i have only bought one champ with rp cause i was stupid.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide