Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New Champion Selection System

Creator: CHAWRAGAMER January 8, 2016 5:51am
1 2 3 4
CHAWRAGAMER
<Member>
CHAWRAGAMER's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2016 5:51am | Report
So, finally the most awaited update of the community goes live on 13th January.

It literally took like 3 years maybe? for Riots to implement this system! I believe everyone must have great expectations from this announcement. I simply hope fellow summoners don't ruin this system.

One more thing, I would really like Riot to work over is AFK system. I am very positive that if they open to suggestions, they will surely get some good response from the community for this problem.

Some friends think, that this is gonna flop like previous Team Builder because of lack of support from League players. What you guys think about the new system?
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2016 9:40am | Report
I've used it on the PBE in a couple dozen games now, and I absolutely love it. In fact, it annoys me whenever I play on the regular servers and have to use the clunky old system. I'm sure for the first few days there will be some confusion and hand wringing. However, once people get used to how it works, I think they'll ask why it took so long for Riot to implement it. Imagine no more arguments or confusion about lane choices. Imagine never being forced to play a role that you're not experienced with. Imagine being able to discuss strategy and team composition prior to picks and bans. Trust me. After you've used it a couple of times, you will never want to go back to the old system.
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2016 12:54pm | Report
Sounds really promising, I can't wait.

Humble Riven Main
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2016 1:30pm | Report
The biggest challenge that PBE players experienced during the first couple of days was that people didn't know that they had to hit the "pick" or "ban" buttons after they selected a champion. If they didn't, they would get booted out of champ select as if they had dodged and everyone else got sent back into the queue. So, for the first couple of days, players might have had to have experienced 3-4 champ select queues before finally getting into a game. This problem became less of an issue after a few days when people got used to the interface. Riot acknowledged the problem, but said that they wanted to keep the requirement to hit the buttons, because it ended up making the champ select process faster. (Because you don't have to wait for people who like to wait out the whole timer when they know who they're going to pick the whole time). However, they did say that they would make this requirement more clear on release.
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2016 8:02pm | Report
Is it gonna be implemented in ranked games? If so, OMG I WILL BE SO HAPPY.
Sig made by me!
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2016 12:47am | Report
Is it gonna be implemented in ranked games? If so, OMG I WILL BE SO HAPPY.

Yes, it sounds like they're immediately going to turn off team builder and implement it for normal draft and ranked games for the NA and TA servers. Once they're sure it's working on those servers, they'll turn it on on other servers.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2016 4:50am | Report
NA is a worthless region, so a good place to test there.
He is gonna kill you!!!
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2016 5:13am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
NA is a worthless region, so a good place to test there.

Nothing but the best for the best region. But seriously, it's so they can turn on and monitor the system in a region that shares the Riot office's timezone.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2016 5:19am | Report
What I really hate is that you can now queue up with 4 players. That is just unfair towards the single player or teams with lesser teammates. And it is called SOLO QUEUE FFS.
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2016 6:12am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
What I really hate is that you can now queue up with 4 players. That is just unfair towards the single player or teams with lesser teammates. And it is called SOLO QUEUE FFS.

Nothing is fair in this world, my dear.
Thanks to winston gergill (muh Valentine in 2016)for the sig!

1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide