Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

New Champion Selection System

Creator: CHAWRAGAMER January 8, 2016 5:51am
1 2 3 4
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2016 10:16am | Report
VexRoth wrote:
You have about 20s? at the end of it all to straighten out your individual variables like runes, masteries, and summoner spells (I was a little worried about this part since I was playing on a smurf account that I use infrequently).

You can adjust your rune, mastery, and summoner spell choices throughout the process. So, if an enemy's pick causes you to want to choose a different character, you can immediately change your rune and mastery pages while still waiting for your turn to pick. Also, I think you get 30 seconds at the end after everyone's picked.
JakeParkbench
<Member>
JakeParkbench's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2016 11:56am | Report
I got to play about two games last night before system went down. Overall I liked the feel of it. No more toxic role calls and first player banning what crushed them in lane last game instead of current OPs(If you want to play jax you better be first pick). I found it refreshing to have no have people fighting over roles, as everything went smooth as per pick and ban for our team, no one false picked a role, and i feel you have a sufficient amount of time to pick. I feel like to pick intention phase should have a ban intention as well. Again no one wants to give up the OP to the enemy first pick. Que times for me were very short 30s to 1 min, however i play support and i will never see a secondary lol. I can't wait for ranked to try this as most of my stress was going into pick/ban and having 4 instalocks mid(which has straight happened).
UnstoppableBacon
<Member>
UnstoppableBacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2016 6:09am | Report
It no longer pops up windows to show you when it's time to pick or accept. So now if you aren't staring at your screen for the eternity it takes to que up you get a dodge penalty. The system doesn't stop any flaming or trolls either. WE had a jungle just feed right on out because they thought it was fun.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2016 6:34am | Report
It no longer pops up windows to show you when it's time to pick or accept.
You have to actually pay attention, go figure. Though my client was popping up in top of anything I was doing just fine when I got a match.
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2016 8:16am | Report
It no longer pops up windows to show you when it's time to pick or accept. So now if you aren't staring at your screen for the eternity it takes to que up you get a dodge penalty. The system doesn't stop any flaming or trolls either. WE had a jungle just feed right on out because they thought it was fun.

Trolls will be trolls. Just report them and move on. What the new champ select should prevent is flaming and trolling due to people not getting the position they wanted.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide