Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

New Jungle Paths?

Creator: Hatted November 24, 2014 9:04am
1 2
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2014 9:04am | Report
Hey, I like to jungle alot.
I've recently been getting pretty good at Vi and while playing her I found a path for jungling that I found useful. I take blu, then smite and kill Gromp (to make camps easier), then head toward the bird things (not sure what they're called) and smite and take red. Sure, you take a lot of damage from the new jungle but that red buff smite is surprisingly useful. Just curious on the ways you guys jungle in the new rift. Are there certain times/points you like to take objectives? When do you find yourself going in for ganks?

Tell me about it.
Eyy
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2014 9:06am | Report
so is it not worth it to start at your buff anymore? The past few games i've played, I've seen junglers starting at the double golems, instead of their buffs
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2014 9:10am | Report
utopus wrote:
so is it not worth it to start at your buff anymore? The past few games i've played, I've seen junglers starting at the double golems, instead of their buffs

Never tried it. My 2nd game I was recommended to start Gromp first, which actually helped me take camps a decent amount. I guess golems would be good for the stun they give you once you smite them. That being said, I think it's maybe a 0.5-1 second stun. Might work really well on auto modifiers like Vi, Jax, or Rengar.
Eyy
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2014 5:43pm | Report
utopus wrote:

since you hit level 2 after doing gromp/golems its better to do those and then the closest buff after, smiting the first camp
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2014 5:53pm | Report
^ That. Especially since both buffs help you clear better, and red buff helps your health problems, and you don't have to smite it for that.
True love is found only in yourself.
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2014 10:33pm | Report
A leash on Gromp/Krugs is super-quick, laners don't even miss the first minion death and you still have the momentum to take the buff without difficulty.
I always forget to do it, though.

The best path I've done is Krugs -> Red -> Blue -> Gromp (-> Wolves). Back to buy your jungle item upgrade. If you can do wolves (which some junglers can't), it lets you get boots too, but if you can't, just get a vision ward and more pots. It can even be done solo, but you need to have Smite's CD at 20 before you start red.

Tips:
Prioritization of Smite: Gromp > Krugs > Red Buff > Blue Buff, the rest are situational.
Raptors let you clear wards without your Red trinket and Wolves are great for counter-jungling (or warding against an invading force, if you must), the Scuttlers gives vision of critical spots and let you move faster down the river.
Dragon's AoE attack works like Vi's Relentless Force, ensure that teammates will not be hit by the blast.
If you want to help me, teach me.
BlueArtist
<Member>
BlueArtist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2014 1:05am | Report
My #2 RumbleGuide

^^ Thanks toUbnoxius,Xiaowiriamu,Natuhlee and Hogopogo for the sig!

Please give me a +rep if I helped you.
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2014 9:34am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:
^ That. Especially since both buffs help you clear better, and red buff helps your health problems, and you don't have to smite it for that.

Pretty sure you have to smite red buff for the health. Unless the new buff gives you regen that I haven't noticed.
Eyy
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2014 9:36am | Report
A leash on Gromp/Krugs is super-quick, laners don't even miss the first minion death and you still have the momentum to take the buff without difficulty.
I always forget to do it, though.

The best path I've done is Krugs -> Red -> Blue -> Gromp (-> Wolves). Back to buy your jungle item upgrade. If you can do wolves (which some junglers can't), it lets you get boots too, but if you can't, just get a vision ward and more pots. It can even be done solo, but you need to have Smite's CD at 20 before you start red.

Tips:
Prioritization of Smite: Gromp > Krugs > Red Buff > Blue Buff, the rest are situational.
Raptors let you clear wards without your Red trinket and Wolves are great for counter-jungling (or warding against an invading force, if you must), the Scuttlers gives vision of critical spots and let you move faster down the river.
Dragon's AoE attack works like Vi's Relentless Force, ensure that teammates will not be hit by the blast.

I'll try it next game. :)
Eyy
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2014 3:33pm | Report
Some junglers don't want to do gromp/golems first. It depends on who you play.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide