Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New school started to teach LoL players how to...

Creator: kindle February 18, 2012 2:39pm
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2012 12:26am | Report
even so. whats good in music is subjective, theres many different instruments and styles.

im not saying theres anything bad with the people that are doing it, except that they are in deed, trying to 'school' people on how to be better at video games.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2012 12:41am | Report
Reason why I think this is stupid as **** is because learning this game by yourself is just as productive as learning it from someone else.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2012 1:19am | Report
Well in LoL thats pretty much not needed, as long as you watch the Pro streams or read guides thoughtfully. E.g. for Sc2 coaching is good, cus if you have Macro, but no Micro you lose (same the other way) <- if that happens, no matter which buildorder you use, you will lose. And the coach can teach you how to maintian the balance.

In LoL the only thing the coach can do is: 'hey you, look at the minimap!' , 'hey you, ward!', 'hey, you! Last hit that creep!', 'hey you, Bluebuff is going to spawn in xxx'...

everything you can teach yourself
Xiron
<Editor>
Xiron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2012 2:29am | Report
Quoted:

Oh wait, i forgot to say something very important. So important and serious that it should be also featured in Gamespot.

You want to learn how to urinate like a PRO?
You want to never spill a drop,with eyes closed, hands tied, and standing on your toes? Or you just want to learn the basics?

Now you can in Urinating Institute! We're offering low prices and special family and pet packages! Don't miss it!

Hilarious!
Thanks to Sevinho!

Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2012 2:39am | Report
Quoted:

Reason why I think this is stupid as **** is because learning this game by yourself is just as productive as learning it from someone else.

Then why the **** is there a guide site? **** guys THINK.

HERP ****ING DERP WE'RE ON A GUIDE SITE SAYING GUIDES DON'T HELP YOU PLAY

EDIT: lawl wrong quote but you get the idea hahaha

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2012 3:29am | Report
but guides don't work.

in before butthurt.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2012 8:50am | Report
Complete ******** saying that coaching doesn't help! ofc it helps. How much? I don't know but I'm pretty sure it helps. If I enjoy the game and WANT to pay money for getting better, why should I not do it?
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Dypheus
<Member>
Dypheus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2012 8:56am | Report
If people pay for virtual skins, then people pay to be better at virtual games. Meh exacly I find it kind of fun, seems a fun job to teach other people to game or coach.
If League of Legends is gay, then I am super****.
~Feel free to add me on LoL (EUW) Omerta, or on Skype: Joniakagod
Protocol
<Member>
Protocol's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2012 9:01am | Report
caucheka wrote:

video games are there to be fun and enjoy. everyone takes them way too seriously.

I'm guessing that is the label you put on everyone who is better than you?
+Rep if I helped you! | Ahri guide out soon!

Thanks to LeCorpse for my Signature!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2012 10:04am | Report
...I play videogames to have fun, but I also want to win.

The fact is, I've wanted videogames to go uber mainstream in the USA for awhile now. Korea got it right with Starcraft and turned it into a huge industry of sorts.

Kids are going to college to find careers right now with the possibility of that field not actually having the opprutunities they want or need because the economy (although it's floating up out of the bowl currently) could be better...

Imagine this spreading and games take on a NEW level of importance in the USA. Kids who want to go to college but can't afford a 4 year school, or they dont have the ability to get an athletic/academic scholorship but they're really good at videogames...I mean yes that sounds completely moronic I suppose, going to college on a "videogame scholorship" but seriously...Not enough people can really afford to go to college without aquiring large debts that they won't pay off until their mid 30's....

I guess it's a pipe dream of sorts, but I couldn't get a sports scholorship to a D1-D2 school, I had offers from a few D3 schools but none of them had graphic design. So now I'm going to a community college (after 1.5 years at Central Michigan University)...If there had been an opprutunity to earn a gaming scholorship I'd jump at it.

Caucheka, let people spend their money how they wish, just because you find it "******ed" doesn't make it so. Do I find it silly to pay someone money to "make" you better at a videogame? Some ways yes, but at the same time I can see the appeal and the reasoning. If gaming all of a sudden gets taken to the professional sports level..I mean on par with football/baseball/soccer/golf/etc...Then what's the problem with that?

Games are "supposed to be fun" where does the fun stop if you're getting paid for it? Or if you're getting paid to teach others? I'd say "doing what you love" is the best job anyone can have.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide