Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New skin prices. What do you think?

Creator: Arcanitum January 11, 2012 11:55am
1 2
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2012 6:10pm | Report
I believe the prices are:

520RP = ~$3.50
975RP = ~$7
1820RP = ~$15
Anandre
<Member>
Anandre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2012 6:16pm | Report
It's exactly like Habbo Hotel or MapleStory or any other "free" game. Spending money gives you cooler-looking **** that has zero effect on gameplay.
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2012 6:27pm | Report
I think they are priced correctly. They have no effect on gameplay, so they are something you can choose to invest in or not. Fair enough deal there. Shiny jewelry sells.

On a different note, a few replies in this thread got me thinking of how RIOT makes money and what not.

This might sound absolutely ludicrous, but I would really not mind paying a small monthly fee (lower than most MMO's). I think something like this would really clean up the community and cut down on the amount of trolls.

TheWeekndOVOXO
<Member>
TheWeekndOVOXO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2012 8:59pm | Report
Anandre wrote:

It's exactly like Habbo Hotel or MapleStory or any other "free" game. Spending money gives you cooler-looking **** that has zero effect on gameplay.

But buying Rune Pages is somehow mandatory though.
(Discontinued)
MaiLinna
<Member>
MaiLinna's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2012 9:05pm | Report
Brentaxe wrote:

Personally i think the skin prices are a ****ing joke, like $20 for a skin is way overpriced but than again the game is completely free. I would only buy a 975 or 1820 rp skin if it was super sick like Primal Udyr but other than that i wait for sales or new champion packages. As people have said it is a free game and they need to make money somehow.

I know, right? Ridiculous. If it was one of the limited edition skins, I'd understand. But you can buy legendary skins at any time.
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2012 7:34am | Report
Imho the prices are fine. I you don't want to spend the full price you can wait for a 50%(!!!) sale that happens once in a while. Also Runepages are not limited to be bought by RP so it's fine. If you want you can buy them to get them faster but it's not like you can buy more Runepages then ppl can buy with IP.
Thanks lgnition for the Sig.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide