Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Non-Conventional Supports

Creator: Hatted January 13, 2015 6:46am
Who is your favorite Unconventional Support?
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 7:03am | Report
I like Vel'Koz, so I'll settle for that since you forgot Kayle. T-T

Oh God, I forgot Kayle was a champ. D: I used to play her a decent amount when I started; I have 3 skins for her, including unmasked and Rito. I apologize; she has potential, but her kit is just so weird for me to support with. Gotta re-learn her.
Eyy
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 7:05am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:
I don't know if Annie and Vel'Koz should really be on the poll as unconventional seeing as support has pretty much become their main role.

Vel'Koz is strong and annoying as fk though and I've also had a lot of success with Leblanc lanes and the legendary Katarina.

I feel Annie and Vel work better when you actually build them with the sole role to destroy your enemies. Vel is my favorite mid laner, unfortunately.

And what's the deal with this Katarina support? I had no idea.
Eyy
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 7:07am | Report
Hatted wrote:
Oh God, I forgot Kayle was a champ. D: I used to play her a decent amount when I started; I have 3 skins for her, including unmasked and Rito. I apologize; she has potential, but her kit is just so weird for me to support with. Gotta re-learn her.
I own ALL of her skins. This includes Silver Kayle and Judgement Kayle . :D

That being said, she's not that hard to support with. Harass with Reckoning, use Divine Blessing as needed, and Righteous Fury in trades to apply more stacks of Holy Fervor if possible. Intervention has a lot of different uses as well, both in and out of teamfights.
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 7:09am | Report
I own ALL of her skins. This includes Silver Kayle and Judgement Kayle . :D

#Bragaboutit

Do you actually support with her? When I tried to play her again I had a similar build to hybrid Teemo (thanks Mobafire :D).
Eyy
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 7:09am | Report
Hatted wrote:
I feel Annie and Vel work better when you actually build them with the sole role to destroy your enemies. Vel is my favorite mid laner, unfortunately.

Well you still build them full AP, and the nice thing about Vel'Koz support is that his base damages are so high that he can practically 100-0 people even if he has no items at all.

It's...great...and I really like playing with it...

help
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 7:10am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Well you still build them full AP, and the nice thing about Vel'Koz support is that his base damages are so high that he can practically 100-0 people even if he has no items at all.

It's...great...and I really like playing with it...

So eye see.
Eyy
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 7:13am | Report
Hatted wrote:
There is no deal, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who's ever played it, and I've only played 20ish games. Only doing it because I have 4 of her skins and I don't play mid lane. It's totes fun, though!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 7:15am | Report
Hatted wrote:
Do you actually support with her? When I tried to play her again I had a similar build to hybrid Teemo (thanks Mobafire :D).
She's not that hard to support with. Harass with Reckoning, use Divine Blessing as needed, and Righteous Fury in trades to apply more stacks of Holy Fervor if possible. Intervention has a lot of different uses as well, both in and out of teamfights

I usually go pretty AP/utility heavy (with the occasional Nashor's Tooth/ Rabadon's Deathcap/ Void Staff if I can afford to buy something purely offensive). Otherwise normal support items, because Kayle can be semi-useful even without a **** ton of AP.
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 7:15am | Report
Quoted:
There is no deal, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who's ever played it, and I've only played 20ish games. Only doing it because I have 4 of her skins and I don't play mid lane. It's totes fun, though!

Is it exactly what I think it is? Your main supportive ability is killing anyone who thinks about hurting your adc?
Eyy
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 7:17am | Report
That being said, she's not that hard to support with. Harass with Reckoning, use Divine Blessing as needed, and Righteous Fury in trades to apply more stacks of Holy Fervor if possible. Intervention has a lot of different uses as well, both in and out of teamfights

I usually go pretty AP/utility heavy with the occasional Nashor's Tooth/ Rabadon's Deathcap/ voidstaff if I can afford to buy something purely offensive. Otherwise normal support items, because Kayle can be semi-useful even without a **** ton of AP.

The thing that sucks about her Ranged Autos is that I tend to take minions, and my main role is typically to auto their minions and have them fear the aoe.
Eyy

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide