Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

PBE update 3/6: draven and nidalee and renek skins

Creator: DillButt64 March 6, 2013 2:54pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Werepirelord
<Member>
Werepirelord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2013 10:13am | Report
I think they said "Ranged characters normally don't have MR/lvl", which is horrible IMO since I loved playing her on AD so I think they shouöd just add some additional MR when you use her Aspect Of The Cougar

Tah beh, or nat tah beh. BOOM! Nat tah beh.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2013 10:50am | Report
There were a number of reasons they nerfed Nidalee, first reason is that she's an incredibly safe pick. Picking her mid lane was difficult to beat, she could sit back and farm and after level 6 she was ungankable, however this is still true. Basically Riot wanted to make it so that if you catch Nidalee you can easily kill her because she is so difficult to catch. For that reason, they removed the flat armor and mr on Aspect Of The Cougar and MR/lvl. However, I feel like they missed the mark quite a bit. They are attempting to nerf AP Nidalee which is already squishy, the armor and mr were minimal at best and never really saved you. Additionally, they are trying to incentivise people going in and doing damage with cougar form, which is absolutely absurd. It was just a couple months ago that they buffed her Armor and MR in cougar form from a flat 10 at all ranks to 10/20/30 to incentivise people going in with cougar form. It's incredibly difficult to sacrifice tankiness for damage especially on a melee champion (I know she has a ranged component but I'm talking about her in cougar form). It almost never works. People already sat back and chucked spears because she was so squishy. I really question riot's understanding of the game if they think trading off 78 mr at level 18 and 30 armor for an increase in Swipe ratio from .4 to .6 is going to make people want to run in with cougar form.

Other issues I have is that she has an incredibly weak early game, I can only think of 4 champions in the game that have a weaker level 1-5 ( Poppy, Tryndamere, Mordekaiser, and Xerath). The payoff for such a terrible early game is that she got a massive powerspike at level 6 with cougar form. Another thing is that this is more of a nerf to bruiser Nidalee than AP. Regardless if they remove armor and MR from AP Nidalee she will continue to chuck spears from afar, bruiser Nidalee on the other hand, which relies on her cougar form to trade, gets a pretty huge nerf. But the main issue I have is that both Jayce and Elise get their forms at level 1 AND they get flat armor and mr for each rank. It's kind of a logistical fail for them to exist with armor/mr for each rank and Nidalee to not, especially when they all fill similar roles. Jayce and Nidalee are more similar than Elise is to any of them, but there is no doubt all of them have fairly similar gameplay styles. I cannot comprehend how the other two can exist in their state while Nidalee could not in hers.

I actually go over this is my last two blog posts and at the bottom under the "Changelog" section of my Nidalee guide

shameless plugs :P
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2013 11:34am | Report
for now i'm happy that LeBlanc's Mimic will not undergo that change. there is no actual reason to max any other skill than Q. I still think where she needs help might be in her utility, including her passive, bc even carrying can be hard for LB.

Sig made by elenah
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2013 2:32pm | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

for now i'm happy that LeBlanc's Mimic will not undergo that change. there is no actual reason to max any other skill than Q. I still think where she needs help might be in her utility, including her passive, bc even carrying can be hard for LB.

Even if her Mimic was different, and probably after the change, people will still max Sigil of Silence. It's her main damage source on a burst mage assassin, I don't think anything will change
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Stealthwolf667
<Member>
Stealthwolf667's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2013 6:58pm | Report
Well, I'm pretty sure Riot screwed themselves with Draven. They won't be making anymore money on his skins because his soul reaver skin is just too great.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2013 11:46pm | Report
soul reaver draven is terrible, id rather keep the original skin than that ****
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Xiron
<Editor>
Xiron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2013 6:31am | Report
Bellpepper wrote:

The draven skin just looks awful in my opinion. Nidalee looks pretty nice though.

I agree.
Thanks to Keondre!

Kuukai85
<Member>
Kuukai85's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2013 7:22am | Report
CantaGallo wrote:

free draven skin for us :D
thank you riot good job :D
deal with it guys :D
and at 23 march there will be also the live tournament in Rome where paying the ticket they will gift us a teemo hat, a tons of damage bracelet,a trinity force keychain, a skin in the game and a rp card.
LOVE ITALIA

OMG where?
Be a grammar nazi with me, i need to improve my english T_T
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2013 8:11pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

There were a number of reasons they nerfed Nidalee, first reason is that she's an incredibly safe pick. Picking her mid lane was difficult to beat, she could sit back and farm and after level 6 she was ungankable, however this is still true. Basically Riot wanted to make it so that if you catch Nidalee you can easily kill her because she is so difficult to catch. For that reason, they removed the flat armor and mr on Aspect Of The Cougar and MR/lvl. However, I feel like they missed the mark quite a bit. They are attempting to nerf AP Nidalee which is already squishy, the armor and mr were minimal at best and never really saved you. Additionally, they are trying to incentivise people going in and doing damage with cougar form, which is absolutely absurd. It was just a couple months ago that they buffed her Armor and MR in cougar form from a flat 10 at all ranks to 10/20/30 to incentivise people going in with cougar form. It's incredibly difficult to sacrifice tankiness for damage especially on a melee champion (I know she has a ranged component but I'm talking about her in cougar form). It almost never works. People already sat back and chucked spears because she was so squishy. I really question riot's understanding of the game if they think trading off 78 mr at level 18 and 30 armor for an increase in Swipe ratio from .4 to .6 is going to make people want to run in with cougar form.

Other issues I have is that she has an incredibly weak early game, I can only think of 4 champions in the game that have a weaker level 1-5 ( Poppy, Tryndamere, Mordekaiser, and Xerath). The payoff for such a terrible early game is that she got a massive powerspike at level 6 with cougar form. Another thing is that this is more of a nerf to bruiser Nidalee than AP. Regardless if they remove armor and MR from AP Nidalee she will continue to chuck spears from afar, bruiser Nidalee on the other hand, which relies on her cougar form to trade, gets a pretty huge nerf. But the main issue I have is that both Jayce and Elise get their forms at level 1 AND they get flat armor and mr for each rank. It's kind of a logistical fail for them to exist with armor/mr for each rank and Nidalee to not, especially when they all fill similar roles. Jayce and Nidalee are more similar than Elise is to any of them, but there is no doubt all of them have fairly similar gameplay styles. I cannot comprehend how the other two can exist in their state while Nidalee could not in hers.

I actually go over this is my last two blog posts and at the bottom under the "Changelog" section of my Nidalee guide

shameless plugs :P

100% agree with this and draven skin thing :P
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide