Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Petition:Overwork of the "Require comment...

Creator: sAlatji July 24, 2012 3:30am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

sAlatji
<Member>
sAlatji's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2012 3:30am | Report
Change it from "write something offtopic/useless" to "write a decent feedback with your arguments why you downvote the guide, otherwise vote will get deleted"

Your thoughts?
Guides archived:
A supportguide for Jarvan IV
A supportguide for Nasus

I would be really pleased if you would give me some feedback for the guides i have written so i can improve for the new ones!

Upcoming guides:
Nunu & Willump- Icecold as support
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2012 6:08am | Report
So, basically, "upvote me or I delete your vote"?
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2012 6:48am | Report
lifebaka wrote:

I'm a little bit tired of these voting arguments. Each player has their entitled opinion, positive or negative.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2012 6:49am | Report
Freedom of speech/press....So what if their words or opinions might consist of "OBJECTION". Be thankful you have a similar right to do the same. And rather than create a whole thread about it, drop it off in the QQ thread (because that is all this is).

I agree that people SHOULD write valid, intelligent, detailed arguments as to why they disagree with a guide. But that doesn't mean they have to.

As a thought though, the upvote/downvote system on the League forums might be a safer more respectful solution. If a comment gets enough downvotes it fades out and/or is removed.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2012 7:05am | Report
Here is something to chew on. Both your current guides are unorthodox support guides. There is nothing wrong with creating a unorthodox guide, but when I read both of them it only took me about 3 minutes each. They provide very little information beyond what items to buy. On top of that both guides are kind of "walls of text".

If you are looking for upvotes and to be a top rated guide you need to put in a great deal more effort. You need to make your guide longer, flow better, and overall look nicer. Compared to the top guides, your guide is lacking in a lot of departments. The best advice I can offer is to continue to work on your guides and make them stand out from the sea of other watered down guides.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2012 8:20am | Report
I think it should have a decent minimum word limit, so it'll require more than "nice guide" or "this sucks" to get an up/downvote
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2012 9:01am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

I think it should have a decent minimum word limit, so it'll require more than "nice guide" or "this sucks" to get an up/downvote

This
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
sAlatji
<Member>
sAlatji's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2012 9:39am | Report
lifebaka wrote:

no, but giving a decent feedback/comment why you downvoted a guide. Right now you can post whatever you want and downvote.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/the-way-do-foxfire-damage-231234/discussion

Just check some downvotes in this guide: "No", "looser", "Your build is ****,you should feel bad"

This are no feedbacks or opinions and in my eyes, you should be able to say why you voted the way you did.

Here is something to chew on. Both your current guides are unorthodox support guides. There is nothing wrong with creating a unorthodox guide, but when I read both of them it only took me about 3 minutes each. They provide very little information beyond what items to buy. On top of that both guides are kind of "walls of text".

If you are looking for upvotes and to be a top rated guide you need to put in a great deal more effort. You need to make your guide longer, flow better, and overall look nicer. Compared to the top guides, your guide is lacking in a lot of departments. The best advice I can offer is to continue to work on your guides and make them stand out from the sea of other watered down guides.

I am not looking for upvote on my guides, even tho i am overworking and updating them at the moment because i got again some spare time (i am at university and only have some room for this every 4 or 5 month).
A good flow in a english text is also quite hard for a non-native englishspeaker. I try, but well, it is really, really hard, especially when you do not have to use english all day long.

But well, as i said, i am not angry / sad that my guides are no top-tier-guides and i know i have to work a lot to improve them, i am sad when i see a downvote and then the comment like "no" or "looser", this is not the way this "Enable comment to vote" was meant to be... :)
Guides archived:
A supportguide for Jarvan IV
A supportguide for Nasus

I would be really pleased if you would give me some feedback for the guides i have written so i can improve for the new ones!

Upcoming guides:
Nunu & Willump- Icecold as support
UnicornRage
<Member>
UnicornRage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2012 9:45am | Report
I think you could report these people, assuming you haven't already.
Personally, I believe comment to vote should be 24/7, so you can't avoid providing a reason. Of course, others have already discussed this, saying that the drawbacks would be encouraging more builds to be up voted.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2012 7:48pm | Report
Locked. There's already over 9000 threads about this in support, utilize them.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide