Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Preseason 2015 Experimental Jungle Changes

Creator: Boomh3adsh0t October 7, 2014 10:40pm
1 2 3
Boomh3adsh0t
<Member>
Boomh3adsh0t's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2014 10:40pm | Report
Hey guys Riot made another post in the PBE forum original link here .I made a post to give a better understanding of the upcoming changes you can read it here. But in general these are the things that I want to highlight

- It will be harder to jungle with these changes

- Jungle itemization will be more varried to support different styles of play. For example, there'll be items that specifically help you counter-jungle, gank, etc.

- Jungle items will possibly be enhancable like boots to keep them strong late-game

- Each camp will give an extra reward when "Smite" is used on it. Rewards include some protection from counter-jungling, map vision and safety in lane.

- The aim is to tone down ganking junglers to where they're not as dominant. Every jungle role should have its place

- Overall, there'll be more jungle paths, more ways to itemize and more roles to fill in the jungle
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 1:01pm | Report
Sounds... nice.

Except for the part where they'll be specifically facilitating counter-jungling. If they can make equal measures to prevent it in turn, it might end up all right.
If you want to help me, teach me.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 3:52pm | Report
Also, a new camp will be introduced.

Interesting to see how Nunu & Willump's Consume will be like after all those changes, I think it will greatly affect him and give him bonuses for his counter jungling/supportive nature. Currently, the buffs are pretty meh.
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 5:10pm | Report
I dont really like how jungle will be "harder" I never liked jungling for pve... I like leauge of legends jungle as is you clear buffs easily then its all about you versus other jungle and who makes the plays or out plays the other.
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 5:41pm | Report
Trick2g godyr buffs ?
Dychronius
<Member>
Dychronius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2014 10:04am | Report
Stonewall made like 10 videos on clearing the jungle with different junglers. The first 4 were before he figured out the path which seems to be Wight-Wolves-Wraiths-back-Wight-Blue-Wolves-Wraiths-Red-Golems, which will get you level 3 at first back and once fully done you'll be level 5. Or mirror it onto the opposite side of the jungle, starting Golems-Wraiths-Wolves-back-etc, which has the same outcome.

Junglers with poor clearing pre-3 or pre upgraded machete are gonna have a bad time. People with little early sustain are gonna have a bad time. People who are super duper mana dependent early are gonna have a bad time. Early gankers like lee and others are gonna be weaker, and may have a bad time. People who don't auto to clear a lot like fiddle don't need to get machete. I'll probably get some of my own views in once I actually update my pbe client.

Do do do dee do do do
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2014 10:37am | Report
Who will actually be good tanks??!?! but they have no sustain so maybe just warwick, trundle.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2014 10:38am | Report
Xin has no bad time, he just goes Krugs -> Birds -> Red and then ganks with no problem.

Trundle is rather bad, I think Amumu will do well cuz dmg reduction is real and his mana costs aren't terrifying. Rammus should work but idk yet.

Also dat Xin lategame with Duelist+AS/CDR, Boots of Swiftness, Ohmwrecker, Locket of the Iron Solari, Zephyr, Bloodthirster is just ******ed strong. 3 shields for the enemy to deal with, true damage on 3 strikes, towers do not matter and 2.5 as with great damage.
He is gonna kill you!!!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2014 4:58pm | Report
interesting enough changes, though i hate how you're forced to take smite to jungle now. yeah yeah 'you should take smite anyway'
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2014 5:06pm | Report
But Smite has now way more uses, making it due to the jungle items a way superior spell. Barrier based on your maximum health + true dmg on 3 hits? Sounds cool. A 50% slow for 2 seconds and a heavy nuke? Nice. A spell that gives you bonus gold from enemy camps and is for that faster avaiable? Evil! A completly useless AoE Spell? Yeah...

BTW: There is a secret item in the game files, inactive:

Cultivator's Staff

• Recipe: Hunter's Machete + 350 = 750
  • UNIQUE Passive - Feeding the Fires: Killing large monsters feeds your Kindled Spirit. After 18 kills, this item transforms into Feral Flare.
  • Passive - Jungler: Basic attacks against monsters deal 45 bonus magic damage over 2 seconds. While in combat with monsters, you will restore 12 health and 3 mana every second.
  • Limited to 1 Jungle item.
  • Can be enchanted with Warrior, Magus, Juggernaut or Slayer.

Idk how the hell that Feral Flare would then work, but ok, doesn't seem to be wanted anyway.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide