Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Ranked is a joke?

Creator: PFP January 14, 2011 8:52pm
1 2 3
PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2011 8:52pm | Report
I honestly think I'm done playing Ranked games.. I recently lost the last 4 games in a row due to bad teammates (me relentlessly trolling them for failing didn't help either). That dropped me really far back into the high 1500s. I have really been trying hard to break into the top 500 players this season, but I'm not sure it's going to happen anymore. Then I play a game and literally had to carry harder than I've ever carried in my life. I think Ranked has just been causing more stress than fun lately. The problem is I usually only have fun in competitive games (premades) where both teams are even and games are won by one little mistake. Where can I find those games? Custom games? Discuss? Anyone have any thoughts on Ranked.

everything below is off-topic

Btw, here is the screenshot of tonights ranked solo queue (with a leaver! of course.). Playing Ashe of course, my best champion [insert shameless plug on my build in signature]. Btw, build is different in this game as I was up against a good Corki so I had to pick up a Frozen Heart to cap my CDR and negate any incoming damage from him. Took a Black Cleaver instead of Last Whisper purely because the other team only had 1 person getting armor. Ashe doesn't need any other damage items except: I-Edge, PD, & LW or BC. The last two should be survivability.

B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2011 8:57pm | Report
I only find them on premade games, although i only play Normal because I'm still just trying out champions and am only confident with a few.

Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2011 9:00pm | Report
Screw ranked. I don't have a team, and when I 3v3 with my mates we generally fail. FYI; Trolling in ranked is not smart.
PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2011 9:17pm | Report
Yeah, if I quit Ranked I'll give my main to my friend or something. I think I'm just going to go re-smurf again. Already got my build-testing account to a level 30, I could use a third XD

I actually have an account named PFP, I think it's a level 12? If I make that my new main people will recognize me in-game without me having to explain all the time :D
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2011 9:19pm | Report
Haha, yeah. That would most definitely be a plus :3
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2011 9:55pm | Report
I usually don't play Ranked because if Riot's matchmaking is so borked that I don't ever believe I'm going to get a fair match. I dipped my foot into Ranked today with a team with a total of 4-5 wins, and faced a team where 3 people had over 50 wins in Ranked. Woo matchmaking.

At least I can play Normal and just not care ya know.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2011 10:39pm | Report
So let me get this straight. You're complaining about something that happens ranked, and saying that you want to quit playing ranked because of it, yet it happens in normal too? Honestly, its not ranked, its solo queue's that is giving you this issue. If you were to queue as a premade group of 5 you really wouldn't run into this issue.

TLDR: The issue is not ranked itself, but solo queue in general. Go make some premades and try again.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2011 10:42pm | Report
I only play normal ^^ Some times i go into ranked. And when i do. it is only with 4 other people . if i wanna play ranked. i wanna loose becouse i mad mistakes. I don't want some random people makeing me loose
Deathwalker8000
<Member>
Deathwalker8000's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2011 6:02am | Report
So far every ranked match i have played but one has had a leaver..

nand
<Member>
nand's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2011 7:57am | Report
I only play normal, since I'm already comfortable with the position and rating I'm at (even though I can't tell what it is), I get decent enemies near my own skill level.

Since I haven't played ranked games at all (except for one), the matchmaker has no idea what enemies to match me up against, resulting in a lot of highly imbalanced and un-fun games, for both teams.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide