Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Riot creating their own internet service?!?

Creator: Shaddofokkusu January 6, 2015 11:57pm
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2015 3:01am | Report
Why they don't just split NA in halve?
He is gonna kill you!!!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2015 3:06am | Report
Would be a massive investment and would also **** up competitive scene.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2015 3:08am | Report
Doesn't matter, as they did the same in EU. If it can happen in EU, it can also happen in NA, no problem.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2015 3:44am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Doesn't matter, as they did the same in EU. If it can happen in EU, it can also happen in NA, no problem.

They did it in EU for a completely different reason. EU was overpopulated while in NA it isn't solely about overpopulation rather than ISP/ping related issues
Shaddofokkusu
<Member>
Shaddofokkusu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2015 4:36pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

They did it in EU for a completely different reason. EU was overpopulated while in NA it isn't solely about overpopulation rather than ISP/ping related issues

It's true they did do it in EU for the overpopulation that's also because they got a much larger influx in players vs what servers they had available there. Also I don't think most Brits want to play on the same server as French or Russian due to the language barrier.
Shaddofokkusu
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2015 4:44pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

One kind of big issue about splitting the servers though and a good example of this was starcraft 2 in the beginning. It really made match making a hard a utterly annoying thing because someone from the same region might have been a much higher rating than you and they were the only one available because the servers were set up that way. So from a competitive viewpoint it's like adding dlc maps. It splits the community up in a bad way.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2015 6:10pm | Report
I hate to break it to you friend but Britain and France are both in western Europe. :^)
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2015 6:37pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:
I hate to break it to you friend but Britain and France are both in western Europe. :^)

I thought you guys weren't part of Europe? At least, that's what you keep saying.
Shaddofokkusu
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2015 6:49pm | Report
All I'm saying is splitting servers is a bad idea for the same country or nationality because it makes match making all whacky.

Also I didn't make this thread to bash any group of people here so lets not get ugly folks.
Chawoora
<Member>
Chawoora's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2015 6:51pm | Report
FYI, I live on the east coast outside of DC. It is a lucky day when my NA ping is 90 as it usually hovers around 100-110. I upgraded my Internet speed (Verizon Fios…from 25/25 to 75/75) recently. That helped with issues when several people were using the Internet, but did not change the ping. I play some on Latin America North, which I understand are in Miami. My ping rate there is usually in the low 40s. Even when visiting family in Michigan over Christmas, ping to LAN was much less than NA. It would be cool if the right side of the country got some love!

Just launched custom games...LAN ping = 42...NA ping = 111.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide