Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Riot creating their own internet service?!?

Creator: Shaddofokkusu January 6, 2015 11:57pm
1 2 3 4
Shaddofokkusu
<Member>
Shaddofokkusu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2015 7:53pm | Report
Chawoora wrote:
FYI, I live on the east coast outside of DC. It is a lucky day when my NA ping is 90 as it usually hovers around 100-110. I upgraded my Internet speed (Verizon Fios…from 25/25 to 75/75) recently. That helped with issues when several people were using the Internet, but did not change the ping. I play some on Latin America North, which I understand are in Miami. My ping rate there is usually in the low 40s. Even when visiting family in Michigan over Christmas, ping to LAN was much less than NA. It would be cool if the right side of the country got some love!

Just launched custom games...LAN ping = 42...NA ping = 111.

Dang man that sucks. I'm hoping that if they're just adding servers that it does help and that they don't pull a Blizzard and not put enough of them though.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2015 8:01pm | Report
Yea, I just hope centralizing the servers fixes that for those of us in the middle of the country. Because as of right now, that's basically what my ping looks like and I live in the middle of the US (as I've lamented many times in this thread already). I've never connected to LAN, so I don't know if my ping would be lower there or not. I'm probably too far north to have good ping there tbh.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2015 8:08pm | Report
Well hopefully this will help somewhat.

Doesn't address a lot of my concerns, but at least they're finally doing something after 5 years of ****ty ping for east coast people.

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2015 8:16pm | Report
I doubt it will do anything where I was. Given that the actual cables out there just suck and the fact that the closest POP is Chicago (which is nearly as far away as the servers are). In Fargo, it's hard to know. Might be better there.

EDIT: Here in Minneapolis, MN (lul) my ping on LAN seemed to be about 78-85, at the highest 100 when it spiked. I've literally never had ping that low on NA ever. Now let's see what my NA ping is... My NA ping from the same place is solidly at 82-100+. wat.
gatekept
<Member>
gatekept's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2015 11:50am | Report
The NA servers are so terrible. I hope this will help at least somewhat. Anything would be an improvement at this point.
Like Us on Facebook for Fresh League Memes + RP Giveaways!
Shaddofokkusu
<Member>
Shaddofokkusu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2015 9:22pm | Report
Well I wanted to make a post having more information, but I can't find any on riots new "service idea". Anyone had any more info on this subject because I seriously can not find anymore!
Chawoora
<Member>
Chawoora's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2015 7:16am | Report
Here in Minneapolis, MN (lul) my ping on LAN seemed to be about 78-85, at the highest 100 when it spiked. I've literally never had ping that low on NA ever. Now let's see what my NA ping is... My NA ping from the same place is solidly at 82-100+. wat.

There seems to be more going on with the NA servers than just distance. I live in Loudoun County Virgina where much of the Internet infrastructure developed and we claim "Up to 70% of the world's internet traffic passes through Loudoun County on a daily basis". You would sure think we would have a fast pipe to the west coast from here.

Sometimes it does not seem to make a difference, but when playing at lower pings I have noticed that it is easier to hit a Nami bubble or a perfectly timed Morgana shied.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2015 7:20am | Report
Well, my ping here in North Dakota is about 30 lower than it was in South Dakota. There's also way less spikes.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide