Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Riot, please create more MR items...

Creator: Snacks February 10, 2014 1:36pm
1 2 3 4
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2014 8:29pm | Report

am I the only one that thinks tenacity is a ******** stat and shouldnt be on items at all? Perhaps runes only.

Agreed. This is why I loved DoTA: If you don't wanna get hard cc'd, pick up a black king bar, Linkin's Sphere or play Slark (<3)
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2014 2:47am | Report
Tenacity is so loved because it's the only way to counter most magic effects without investing too much MR...

You see the problem here, right? I'm not the only one that sees the correlation?
If you want to help me, teach me.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2014 4:15am | Report
What? How does it counter MAGIC items? MR/Health counters magic damage. Tenacity counters CC. There is absolutely no correlation between these facts.

Tenacity is a must for frontliners with no gap-closers that need to get up close and personal, like Udyr and Singed.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2014 7:21am | Report
Meh, it depends on the frontliner, and the CC imo. There are some CCs that you just need tenacity for. One instance of this is Curse of the Sad Mummy. However, other CCs like Dazzle aren't really going to affect your duties as a front line tank - to absorb CC and peel for your team. Front line tanks aren't assassins. If they tunnel on getting to a carry and trying to beat them down, they will probably find their attempts unsuccessful. Front line tanks are there to take damage and CC for the team, while dealing damage to whomever they can.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2014 1:58pm | Report
luizdeh wrote:

What? How does it counter MAGIC items? MR/Health counters magic damage. Tenacity counters CC. There is absolutely no correlation between these facts.

Tenacity is a must for frontliners with no gap-closers that need to get up close and personal, like Udyr and Singed.

I apologize, I meant magic effects (Including Damage)
Most magic effects are coupled CC and magic damage. (Or coupled AAs and magic damage) It is hard for me to think of an exception off the top of my head...
If you want to help me, teach me.
Cyniker
<Member>
Cyniker's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2014 4:33am | Report
Besides me thinking that tenacity tends to be highly overrated in many instances (why build it as an AP Caster, if you can get Zhonyas instead and avoid CC and Damage much better?), I like the variety of MR items just fine. There are enough different MR items to be able to make a meaningful decision in your builds. Of course, there are preferences depending on the role you play. You won't get Two Ghosts on an AD Tank, and you won't build Maw of Malmortius on an AP Caster.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide