Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Role change Champions

Creator: MyBloodisBlack September 24, 2013 4:30am
1 2 3 4 5
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2013 9:49am | Report

Apparently choosing to jungle on TT is considered unconventional by the ****ty people I get matched up with...though I was fairly certain that was the current meta? My allies won't even notice I've taken smite and are often sightly irritated when I say one of them has to go top.

Yes, jungle is basically mandatory. If you have no jungler and instead opt for 1/2 lane setup who also take jungle farm, you lose map control if their jungler knows what they're doing.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2013 9:59am | Report
When I play TT I mostly play jungle ( Lee Sin, Diana) because they have fast clear and they can can pretty well because there are no wards. Usually I get to level 18 first because the jungle creeps give so much money and exp.
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2013 10:04am | Report
Diana, fast clear? Surely you jest. I have not a single time made it to the health relic before the enemy jungler when I played Diana.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2013 10:11am | Report
I play jungle Nunu a lot on TT...and 90% of the time the enemy team won't even have a jungler, so I basically get free reign to just steal their jungle whenever I feel like it...
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2013 10:15am | Report
Wait, what's your W/L on TT? After the first 40 games or so there was a jungler in >80% of the 3v3 games I've played.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2013 10:20am | Report
it's like 13-15 or something...

I just started playing it again fairly recently.

**** like this
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2013 11:27am | Report
I'm pretty sure you don't use smite in the jungle on TT, because if you get counterganked you'll lose the engagement.

Well i guess playing shaco and leblanc at all is rather unconventional?

But for real herpa derp unconventional stuff:
Jarvan IV top, Jarvan IV mid, Jarvan IV support, Jarvan IV Ad-carry, Zilean support, Morgana support(only stuff i use in ranked are listed, cuz else you aren't really "using it")
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2013 11:36am | Report
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure you don't use smite in the jungle on TT

Smite is necessary for two reasons:

- Securing Vilemaw
- Clearing first two camps as fast as possible so you get the health relic before the enemy jungler

If you got the relic and the enemy jungler didn't, he CANNOT countergank or counterjungle you safely because now you're higher HP and not low on mana. (If you don't take smite and only clear one camp before rushing to grab health relic as soon as it spawns, you'll be underleveled and the enemy jungler can tear you a new one while you're busy killing a second camp to hit level 2).
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2013 11:44am | Report
So what you're telling me is that you base your summoner choice on 1 being able to get a health relic faster than your opponent 50% of your games and 2 securing a buff that is never contested?

If anything i'd take smite for a generally faster clear time, but i only have like 30 games of TT.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2013 11:58am | Report
Quoted:

So what you're telling me is that you base your summoner choice on 1 being able to get a health relic faster than your opponent 50% of your games

Not 50%. If you have smite and your opponent doesn't, you straight up win the jungle matchup because you can clear wraiths, smite big wolf, then hit 2 and grab the relic. It's like SR, you can technically jungle fine without smite but not having smite SUCKS BALLS. You'll constantly be underleveled and have zero control over the relic.

Vilemaw does get contested quite often; while there are no wards, it is extremely obvious when your opponents are trying to do him (they can do that roshan-esque ambush but that barely happens). He dies almost as fast as dragon so smite is the most useful in the 10-15 minute range, or if you're attempting to sneak a VM kill by soloing it and the enemy team walks in while he's low.
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide