Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Season 2 Summoner Spell Changes

Creator: Queso November 4, 2011 1:19pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Wenvarien
<Member>
Wenvarien's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 11:09am | Report
Stergioss wrote:

Cleanse SHOULD remove exhaust BUT not ignite! Exhaust is a debuff while ignite is a DoT spell (Tryndamere is gonna get a OP buff -.-). Now about flash...i agree that it should have a greater cooldown but DONT NERF THE RANGE~! Simply don't. It will destroy squishies and it allow players with built-in CC removers(Gangplank, Olaf..) to eliminate them while they don't have some way to escape!

I think Stergioss is right about this.
Please check out my first guide on mobafire for Tristana.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 11:15am | Report
^agreed on this. However I think that it is ok if Cleanse removed healing debuffs.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 11:42am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Regarding Promote its very possible, that itll be totally useless, but dont kill the others off that easily.
Maybe they'll add a usefull effect to Heal/maybe Cleanse will help Mundo and friends to rise again/maybe Surge will give you a proper option instead of Exhaust?
At the very least everything will wind up totally UP or OP.

For now, just be happy that they change spells which should be changed.

The judging can be done afterwards.

I already killed them off, they're dead.

Tell me which champion type would surge most likely be used on? Most likely supports right? SO Supports give up CV for team Stats buffs...Or give up a defensive spell like Flash or Ghost for these team stat buffs....

Not likely, even with them nerfing CV doubtful that its power will be deemed useless. Free short duration mapwide ward? Sounds better than my team getting slightly buffed.

Surge in place of exhaust? Buffing yourself or nerfing your enemy...Hmmm well if an Akali decides to omnom you and you have surge, but she's fed out the ***....I'm leaning towards your *** being dead and surge having been a waste. BUT if you use exhaust you just killed off her burst HMMMM. I'll take making a fed champion weaker over making a feeder champ stronger any day. Then again if surge buffs your stats/team stats to the point of "unkillable" then sure it'll be worth it, because it will be OP.

Possible implications for using it in the jungle? Sure. But Smite is just too good in that regard too imo.

So as I said, these new spells are dead and buried. And the changes have yet to be seen, but I'm betting as I said, they'll be a bit overly dramatic.....And we'll have ****tastic summoners for a day or so before they hotfix them.
Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 12:02pm | Report
They will get that ****ing heal better? OH COME ON! It's one of the most annoying spells in the entire freaking game! X_X

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 1:36pm | Report
Stergioss wrote:

Cleanse SHOULD remove exhaust BUT not ignite! Exhaust is a debuff while ignite is a DoT spell (Tryndamere is gonna get a OP buff -.-). Now about flash...i agree that it should have a greater cooldown but DONT NERF THE RANGE~! Simply don't. It will destroy squishies and it allow players with built-in CC removers(Gangplank, Olaf..) to eliminate them while they don't have some way to escape!

Well only if it is mobile, it scales with champion level, and offers general stat increase. That would be pretty useful for supports.

Ignite has a healing debuff which is why it is removable, however I agree with you, tryndamere is going to need serious fixing after the two summoner spells that counter him take a huge nerf.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 1:40pm | Report
Surge on supports?
Naaah, think CV is pretty well placed there.

And Surge on carries. Jax/Akali etc:
Yeah allright..
Youre fed through the whole game from early to late.
Buffing your dmg on champs who're supposed to burst the enemy before they can even react, seems off, too.
And buffing the dmg of every DD in your group is totally overestimated, if you compare it to denying partially dmg of ONE enemy, while 3 others guy of your team cant pick Exhaust at all.

Dude.., even if you're the murderer,doc and gravedigger, I dont wanna be on nightwatch in that graveyard.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 2:05pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Surge on supports?
Naaah, think CV is pretty well placed there.

And Surge on carries. Jax/Akali etc:
Yeah allright..
Youre fed through the whole game from early to late.
Buffing your dmg on champs who're supposed to burst the enemy before they can even react, seems off, too.
And buffing the dmg of every DD in your group is totally overestimated, if you compare it to denying partially dmg of ONE enemy, while 3 others guy of your team cant pick Exhaust at all.

Dude.., even if you're the murderer,doc and gravedigger, I dont wanna be on nightwatch in that graveyard.

*shrugs* I'd still be on nightwatch in your graveyard. PWEASE!!!?

Depends on the buffs/duration/range/CD of Surge. Honestly the current ideas for these new summoners are fine, some could be made more buffed ofc if UP on release or nerfed if OP as you said. Although CV is kinda broken, and Flash is too useful from our "current current" set of summoners.

Throwing Surge on a tank could be viable, but to me the more exhausts and ignites split between the team the better to me. I often exhaust a secondary target as an AD/AD ranged carry as I blow up my focus. I'm not seeing Surge being all that more beneficial over Exhaust or Ignite, Ghost or Flash.

My reasoning is preference I suppose, the idea that Exhaust or Ignite are impliments to win a lane. That's how I use them, exhaust scales better late game ofc, but Ignites mortal strike debuff still works well into late. Surge just doesn't sound all that amazing IMO.

I'll wait and see ofc to give my full judgement but my initial impressions is....Meh
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 2:22pm | Report
Yeah, thats what i meant, wait for the final numbers before you grab your shovel.

Flash, even if I'm pro-nerf, I said earlier that sth like "not usable after a direct hit for ~3 secs" etc would be sufficient, sooo guess I´m with you on that.

Also, if youre able to outlive me youre free to watch over my remains till the end of time.
Make sure to get me fresh flowers each 3-4 days, though.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 6, 2011 8:21am | Report
Surge + Items like Aegis , Abysaal Sepecter , Will of Ancients, OP :D
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 6, 2011 9:49am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Because it's the best summoner spell, not because it's broken.
It is exactly what many champions need in terms of being able to get the f*ck out when they're in trouble. Reducing the range will make the chance of escaping smaller and I think that's lame rather than a good thing.

Lots of champions that need that get out of dodge button. Sorry malz flash sucks so because you are a natural pusher you are screwed....our bad.

Well guys all we can hope for is that they put it together in the end.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide