Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Season 5 Jungle Discussion

Creator: Aeadar November 20, 2014 1:23am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Zordagoth
<Member>
Zordagoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 2:15pm | Report
Auto attackers champ (udyr/yi/Warwick/xin ...) little golems (with the stun ****) is better than Gromp imo ^^
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 2:18pm | Report
But champs that lack aoe dmg really like it, also krugs don't grant any damage, which means they don't increase clear speed.
He is gonna kill you!!!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 2:52pm | Report
Eh, no point starting Gromp when they lowered the buff spawn time back to 1:54 again. Just get a leash. Gromp buff isn't worth over the bonus EXp from your first buff.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 2:58pm | Report
Ehm, you get level 2 by doing gromp with Smite, you know? And you need to clear the 1 minor camp anyway, so why not just abuse the case that one has a usefull buff which increases your clear speed, while the other one doesn't?
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 3:01pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Ehm, you get level 2 by doing gromp with Smite, you know? And you need to clear the 1 minor camp anyway, so why not just abuse the case that one has a usefull buff which increases your clear speed, while the other one doesn't?

I think you're over valuing that buff a tad too much. Pretty sure just getting a leash on a buff, the n doing wolves, then the next buff is faster than doing Gromp.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 3:06pm | Report
But then you will not have Smite up for the second buff, means you loose exp.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 3:10pm | Report
If you start gromp you'd be doing 3 camps (Gromp, blue, wolves) before doing red to have smite up by then anyway. Most champions can barely make it through 3 camps on first clear.
Zordagoth
<Member>
Zordagoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 3:45pm | Report
Do it, you'll see on most AA champ i tested, starting at stun golem means easy full first clear without any problems
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 4:50pm | Report
Shaco.... and maybe Master Yi.... need I say more....

what's that? I do have to say more...? Ergh, finneeeeeeeeee....
Okay so Shaco now has a massive power spike because of that counter jungling mechete, he can just walk in, clear your side faster than you can, and then go and farm his side. This results in Shaco being a really strong jungler. Also, harder monsters? No problem for shaco because the monsters barely hit him and are always onto your Jack in a box, so he has stupid camp CLEAR TIMES but the thing that takes time is the prep work.

Dragon Is also another really key point now which means again, Shaco Is a really strong pick and come to think of it, Malzahar would also be a really strong pick due to his 2 minute Dragon clear he can do. Shaco is again strong because of his level 6 dragon clear.

All I can say is that strong counter junglers/gankers that are focused for mid/late game will coem out on top.

But why did I mention Master Yi? Simple. Yi farms all game long, coming out late game as a monster and destorying almost everyone if he has gotten a few kills. and what id they implement? A farming buff for smite and an enchantment that creates a better feral flare. Flare was key on YI for the AA damage and was fine because he farmed a bunch anyway, and since he DOES INDEED farm all game long than and AOE Smite would certainly speed that up. LAte game you can sell it for the one that seems to increase dueling potential as a slow isnt needed because Yi is a bloody racecar.

ANyways guys hope I helped, my final analysis is that people with strong counter Jungling/Invades early game will be effective, smite stealing a buff will be more devastating than before due to the increased toughness of the monster. This means Shaco and Nunu & Willump can have a fun time stealing your **** and ending the game with you on level 3. Strong late game farmers like Master Yi or maybe Nocturne are definately up there. Strong objective takers like Malzahar and, again, Shaco are great picks as well due to the changes with dragon.

Love you lots hope I helped <3
Like my post? Be sure to toss me a +Rep!

Credits to Amanda for making this... yeah, you're not having happy dreams tonight.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 8:10pm | Report
If you start gromp you'd be doing 3 camps (Gromp, blue, wolves) before doing red to have smite up by then anyway. Most champions can barely make it through 3 camps on first clear.

ive been doing what nicknamemy said pretty well, which is gromp/rocks+smite > Buff > Buff+smite then recalling but you do cut it pretty close with hp and ive only tested it with hecarim sejuani and nautilus
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide