Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Smurf Accounts and How They Impact LoL

Creator: Bioalchemist September 10, 2013 10:56am
1 2 3 4
PNBlack
<Member>
PNBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2013 10:29am | Report
I mostly see smurfing as a negative thing. I have played against one or two smurfs which actually added me afterwards to tell me my biggest mistakes, and that was a great thing! Smurfing becomes negative when they write toxic to others and troll. Sadly, those are the kind of smurfs I mostly play with.

Sometimes, playing against smurfs is a great thing, as you can watch how they play and then improve (Just as Embracing said.)

Another problem I have experienced is that people tend to carry their friends in ranked. Even one of my friends I only play normals with once asked me if I wanted to be carried to gold, but I kindly refused as that would ruin a goal I've set for myself by being carried every game.
Alea iacta est.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2013 3:49pm | Report
PNBlack wrote:

I mostly see smurfing as a negative thing. I have played against one or two smurfs which actually added me afterwards to tell me my biggest mistakes, and that was a great thing! Smurfing becomes negative when they write toxic to others and troll. Sadly, those are the kind of smurfs I mostly play with.

Sometimes, playing against smurfs is a great thing, as you can watch how they play and then improve (Just as Embracing said.)

Another problem I have experienced is that people tend to carry their friends in ranked. Even one of my friends I only play normals with once asked me if I wanted to be carried to gold, but I kindly refused as that would ruin a goal I've set for myself by being carried every game.

Right smurfs who rage at their lower level team mates are never a good thing and are very Negative towards to League player-base, but on the other hand some smurfs have a brain and use it, example
"I'm playing with low levels so I'm not going to expect them to call out when Shen or Twisted Fate is level 6 so I will tell them to call it out at the start of the round, and may even check up on him a few times to see for my self what level he is"

While other smurfs just rage out "Why @#$%^&* didn't you call it you #$%^&*" etc

In the end it's just more fodder to throw in the Tribunal.
I stole this Sig idea from SoapSuds
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2013 4:17pm | Report
Well, I just went on my low level smurf account to play with some friends and all 4-5 of the games I played had at least 2-3 smurfers on both teams.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2013 4:42pm | Report
I think that there may be more smurf accounts being made then actual new players getting into the game
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide