Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Sneaky Warwick Nerfs?

Creator: PFP March 7, 2011 8:45am
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 1:41am | Report
One by one.

Eternal Thirst was a boost imho. faster and better healing. It is worse for longer fights but when creeps die quite fast it is buff imho.

Banshee's Veil and Spirit Visage
I am not a fan of SV anyway. But banshee nerf hits him like any other champion. ALOOOOOT of champions use BV not only WW.

The Black Cleaver
Well this one was harsh... for most champs it is a good thing that they can stack it faster, but WW ulti didnt care about it so this one is pretty harsh... i am not sure it is directed to WW so i dont see much of a problem.

Dragon
You cant solo it at 4 but you can do it at 5. If you are realy unlucky he will kill you tho... you need at least 1 proc of a razor and good rotation. Also Ethernal Thirst buff/nerf is here a HUGE nerf :/ Easily killable on 6+ lvls.

"Jungle monsters that previously had negative magic resistance now have magic resistance of zero"
That is not of a problem AT ALL. 0MR is as good as -5257994493MR.

"Spirit Visage cooldown reduction decreased to 10% from 12%"
As before i am not a SV user so idc :)

"Ghost duration decreased to 10 from 14
Spirit Visage increased healing and regeneration effects reduced to 15% from 20%"

I NEEEVER get ghost so idc, imho waste of a summoner spell. You have BS for it.
And again SV... idc :P
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 2:08am | Report
DEWO wrote:

Eternal Thirst was a boost imho. faster and better healing. It is worse for longer fights but when creeps die quite fast it is buff imho.

It's kind of a nerf. A very small one, but a nerf nonetheless.

Quoted:
"Jungle monsters that previously had negative magic resistance now have magic resistance of zero"
That is not of a problem AT ALL. 0MR is as good as -5257994493MR.

No. -5257994493MR would allow you to kill a 1000hp enemy instantly with a 101 magic damage spell. The negative MR the monsters had made magic damage deal roughly 20% more damage.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 2:56am | Report
hmmm i am quite sure that i tested out the Mpen didnt get bonus damage even if you had 40MPen and target had 10MR. compared to 10pen with 10mr.

But i never thought about accual negative value. Is it this way that you cant lower the MR to minus values but creeps that already had minus values are affected by bonus damage?

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 3:25am | Report
DEWO wrote:

Is it this way that you cant lower the MR to minus values but creeps that already had minus values are affected by bonus damage?

Exactly. You can't penetrate resistances that don't exist, but you deal more damage when the resistances are negative.
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 8:31am | Report
got any source on that Searz?

Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 8:58am | Report
penetration is the same as ignoring armor

if you have 40 ArP, you ignore 40 Armor

you can't ignore 40 armor if they have 10 armor, you're only ignoring 10 armor, you don't deal extra damage
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 9:35am | Report
I'm pretty sure the wikia says the same, with different wording though. But I kinda pride myself in knowing almost all the game mechanics ;)
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 12:15pm | Report
The MR was definitely a nerf for Jungle Amumu. I used to be able to lower Golem's magic resist to -45 at level one, so I could Smite at around 540 health and nobody would ever be able to smite steal because they wouldn't know the number XD
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 12:31am | Report
You are right.

"Negative Resistance
If a target has negative magic resistance, the amount of bonus damage is equal to the amount of damage reduction caused by that positive amount of magic resist. This sounds confusing and is better illustrated with an example.
If a target has 10 magic resistance, they take take 9.1% reduced damage (formula from Magic Resistance).
Therefore a target with -10 magic resistance would take 9.1% bonus damage.
So if you cast a spell that does 100 magic damage on the target, it would take 109.1 damage instead.
If a target has 20 magic resistance, they would take 16.7% reduced damage.
Therefore a target with -20 magic resistance would take 16.7% bonus damage.
So if you cast a spell that does 250 magic damage on the target, it would take 291.7 damage instead."

ppl learn all the time :P

killerxkidxx
<Member>
killerxkidxx's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2011 10:20pm | Report
TEEHEE

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide