Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

So, is Xin ban worthy now?

Creator: albableat July 19, 2012 1:55pm
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2012 6:49pm | Report
He doesn't seem OP to me. If anything he seems up to speed with some of the current OP top laners.. (Irelia...) He needed this patch and I look forward to seeing him top more frequently (doubt it though). He's still an auto attack heavy champion, he just can knock-up more frequently and has better sustain with some armor pen. Maybe I'll play him intentionally against a tank to see how he does :3
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2012 6:50pm | Report

For what? Panda Teemo was a kind of a joke, if you couldn't tell by the smiley face. Riven has a shield and a bunch of mobility to poke Xin, not to mention CC. CDR Olaf naturally gets health to maximize Reckless Swing's damage, and a Frozen Heart is fairly core. Lowering Xin's AS cripples him pretty well in my opinion.

You said "stacking health". I referred to that.
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2012 7:11pm | Report
Oh, I see. Unless he uses it at the beggining though, it's 15% of current health. Plus, it's physical damage so building armor (which you would do naturally against Xin) ruins it's damage anyways.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2012 7:12pm | Report
Reread numbers, gotta say, he looks very interesting to me now.
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2012 12:51am | Report
I've only tried him out in aram 1 time so far.

I really liked the feel of him so I'm going to try him out a lot more. He definitely doesn't seem anywhere near OP to me, but he may be a pretty viable top lane now.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2012 4:21am | Report
If you need a damage dealer who goes in, and it's okay if he can't get back out (AKA you have a gap closing hard initiate team that can either set Xin up or follow up his engages), Xin is probably a perfect fit now. Seems completely viable, maybe even strong.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2012 7:21am | Report
yes he is viable. his laning is still highly questionable, possibly even worse because of the fact you have to level up your pointless W to scale sustain that used to be free.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2012 9:24am | Report
I find speccing into the heal to be fine. If they made it so each attack of 3 talon strike gave a reduced amount of the heal (meaning passive every third strike like it is now, then active+3ts and the as buff) it would have more useability, and not feel as gimped. ) if you have a team to follow up, xin is solid.
Nyoike
<Member>
Nyoike's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2012 9:59am | Report
I've seen good Xin's and I've see horrible Xin's since the rework, I personally have not tried him yet, but I am hoping to. As far as I've see so far in my normal draft games, he's been banned just about every game. The one game he wasn't my team insta picked him for our jungler and it worked out very well. The most powerful counter I've seen so far for him was Jax.
To be updated soon!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2012 3:59pm | Report
EvilDice wrote:

yes he is viable. his laning is still highly questionable, possibly even worse because of the fact you have to level up your pointless W to scale sustain that used to be free.

DOUBLE POST!

I agree. I think he might be better as a jungler, or maybe as a counterpick to Riven and Renekton (Can't disengage, hard to out damage) but I'll have to test it. You wouldn't level his W, that's for sure.

But his new ulti has some nice utility and he has a pop up and a slow, so he might be just fine in the jangles.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide