Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

So new Poppy sucks...

Creator: MrCuddowls December 19, 2015 9:01pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2015 9:01pm | Report
Probably the worst top laner in the game right now.

She scales awful into the late game which means you become useless even if you do well early.
Trades are really difficult because the Q aoe is so small and it just deals so little damage.
ULT is pretty much ****. You can use it to suppress a team for 5 seconds, then they just walk back up. Or you can send someone airborne for a quick 1.5 seconds during which they cannot be damaged. Plus its so ****ing thin that nearly everyone will miss it at least once every game.
There is no way to play her like classic Poppy because her scaling is so god awful.
Her passive would be fine if only the buckler would drop closer to you. Also the damage scaling needs to be upped on the passive because it becomes almost completely useless in the late game.
Her level 1 health needs to be increased slightly because of how little impact she has in lane.
Her W passive needs to grant some base armor and mr. Otherwise trying to pressure the lane successfully is damn near impossible.

And just for reference: http://champion.gg/champion/Poppy/Top
Her winrate is somewhere around 45%

I was so excited too. Reason I came back to the game is because she got a rework. Hope she gets some buffs, even if they aren't the things I mentioned above.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2015 9:21pm | Report
That's just like, your opinion, man.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2015 9:27pm | Report
Says the guy who played her support in the inhouses today
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2015 10:04pm | Report
Her ult is ok because its not single target specifically, so if theyre grouped up you can land a bard ult on two people, with no cast time and no way for them to dodge it. 1.5 second disable on two or more people is pretty good for an AD tank bruiser with a stun and moderate damage.

Basically MOBAFire.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2015 1:31am | Report
Poppy does a lot of damage, if you get enough armorpen on her and you are skilled with your Q. Her Q does monstrous amounts of damage if placed right.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2015 1:38am | Report
I think new Poppy is just "ok". She isn't amazing. She isn't terrible. She's alright. In that regard, Riot nailed her rework. She has a good early game now, she scales decently and she's tanky as **** still.

My only real problem with her is her mana consumption and that her Q is deceptively bad at waveclearing.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2015 4:17am | Report

My only real problem with her is her mana consumption and that her Q is deceptively bad at waveclearing.

I think her Q has a really low mana cost for a sololaner, it's the rest of her kit that drinks up mana.

Poppy does exactly what she's supposed to do: she has pretty good early game damage and becomes a beefwall mid/lategame. She has good disruption and, if used properly, can stop a lot of assassinations. Saying her damage is subpar isn't very bright because she is now 100% a tank focused on antimobility, but requires pretty good mechanics/prediction.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2015 4:21am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Hmm, how well would Warwick work with the new AD Assassin item?

New Assassin Dagger

Recipe: Serrated Dirk + B.F. Sword + ??? gold (over 3000 gold total, still fine tuning)
+75 Attack Damage
+5% Movement Speed
UNIQUE Passive: +10 Armor Penetration
UNIQUE Passive: Basic attacks on an enemy champion apply Nightfall (60 second cooldown).

Nightfall: After 2 seconds, deal 25% of the target’s missing health as physical damage. If the target dies before Nightfall ends, the cooldown is refunded.

Wrong thread.
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2015 5:51am | Report
IMO, the problem is that people want to play her like the old Poppy. She's a tank now. The end. Her abilities simply don't scale very well with AD, her base AS is pretty terrible AFAIK and apart from that I see no reason at all to build her as a Sheen glass cannon. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Like NNM mentioned, her Q does some real damage, even if you go full tank. I mean, twice 6% of max HP can be quite a lot. I think her ultimate is pretty cool, whether you decide to smack a tank to the other end of the map or knock some people straight in the air, giving you all the time you need to set up an E and/or Q, it's pretty nifty.

Just drop the old Poppy mentality. It is beyond me why everyone wants to build Iceborn Gauntlet while slows don't stack, Hammer Shock slows for more and she builds no AD to think of anyway, apart from a Black Cleaver or whatever.

TL;DR: Q really hurts, get tanky so you can actually hit it more than once.

I do agree on top lane being hard for her though, there's no way you're getting that Q off unless you really engage and her passive cooldown is way too high to farm decently with. Then again I only played her top lane once. I think she's pretty cool in the jungle though, maybe you should give that a try. I usually get stuff like Stalker's Blade - Cinderhulk, Dead Man's Plate, Black Cleaver if I can afford it, Spirit Visage, etc. Tanky stuff. No Iceborn Gauntlet. She really needs potions for the first clear and hardly for after that so I recommend 3 × Health Potion instead of the refillable one.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2015 6:32am | Report
Iceborn Gauntlet is strong on her because she likes 20% CDR, she is mana hungry and gives her a ranged slow while normally the Q range isn't enough to close the gap. Also, it scales very well with armorpen.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide