Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Some interesting story between Mordekaiser and...

Creator: KSS Awake October 27, 2012 1:15pm
1 2 3
KSS Awake
<Member>
KSS Awake's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2012 1:15pm | Report
This thread is for the ones interested in the league of legends lore(just like me).
With the new 3v3 map you have 2 altars, when captured you will hear a quote from them. Seems like one altar is a man and the other one is a woman.
Champions coming from the shadow isles unlock special quotes, these special quotes indicate that there is some kind of story between Mordekaiser and Hecarim.

Spoiler: Click to view

It seems to me like the west altar is the tortured soul of a woman condemned to serve the shadow isles while the east altar is a faithful follower of the isles who want nothing more than the world of the living to perish.
Another general quote saying "For the King!" indicates that there is a ruler of the shadow isles and from the quotes I would say that mordekaiser might be either the king himself or the right-hand man of the king. Also the line telling Hecarim to rembember who he once was intrigates me, Hecarim seems like he was brainwashed and... "changed" by the King and/or Mordekaiser into working for the King.

Just wanted to share this with the community, tought it is pretty interesting, would like to hear your opinions on this.

EDIT: added all the quotes, got them from league of legends forums

-thanks to The_Nameless_Bard, effinvices, Joxuu, LaCorpse and arcan3 for the sigs-
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2012 3:59pm | Report
i thought tt was in zaun... :|

Sig made by Hogopogo
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2012 4:10pm | Report
^ retcon
Vol.13
<Member>
Vol.13's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2012 5:56pm | Report
Hmm..

So IMO Mord and Hec were serving in same ancient army once. Mord could be lord commander and Hec was a captain.

Any other guess is welcome :X
Turo
<Member>
Turo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 12:35am | Report
quite observant of you :o nice.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 1:07am | Report
This isn't only for Morde and Hec

This is for all the shadow isle related champs

Karthus
Yorick
and some others i forgot
Jones MD
<Member>
Jones MD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 4:09am | Report
Interesting! Does anyone know if the other Shadow Isle related champions have any kind of relation with each other?

As far as I know, Karthus joined the League out of free will, without receiving any kind of reward, but is not very forthcoming about his motives. His lore shows no realtions with any other Shadow Ilse inhabitant whatsoever. It says there though, that he rules the Isles....

Elise is the leader of a cult worshipping (or whorshipping? I'm no native english speaker, so bare with me :) ) Vilemaw, the ancient undead badass spider.

Yorick ... Hm. I think he returned because he wanted to seek out the ones he loved, but sadly they are already deceased...

Still no "agenda" these champs share.

Any other pieces of information I forgot?
KSS Awake
<Member>
KSS Awake's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 4:37am | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

i thought tt was in zaun... :|

The old one was in zaun but the new one is in the Shadow Isles.

Embracing wrote:

This isn't only for Morde and Hec

This is for all the shadow isle related champs

Karthus
Yorick
and some others i forgot

Yes Karthus Yorick and Elise would be the other champions that get special quotes(although Evelyn coming from shadow isles should have one too), but the only ones that have some kind of linked story are morde and heca.

At first I hoped for a new champion that would be the King of the Shadow Isles but I am starting to think that mordekaiser is the actual king, since king is in his name(somehow... the meaning).

-thanks to The_Nameless_Bard, effinvices, Joxuu, LaCorpse and arcan3 for the sigs-
Jones MD
<Member>
Jones MD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 5:06am | Report
Just looked the lore up, because I wanted to prove you wrong, KSS Awake, but sadly, Karthus is the ruler of the Howling March. Whereever this is. So maybe, he isn't even Shadow Isle related?
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 5:29am | Report
Wouls you mind checking if Evelyn has any special quotes for her. She's from the Isles as well.
When I read the quotes for Mord and Hecarim I thought of something. It says "Remember who you once were, Hecarim.", "Mordekaiser is not to be trusted, Hecarim." and to Mordekaiser "Are you also a prisoner, Mordekaiser?", "Free me, my lord, so I may aid you." These quotes made me think that maybe Hecarim was an old lord over some province on the Isles, as well as Mordekaiser. But Mord was the less wealthy and powerful of the two and he got jelous. So Mord seeked help to get rid of Hecarim and got his hand on some curse that he put on Hecarim which turned him into this. But the curse backfired and Mord turned into what he is now as well. Hecarim seeked revenge and drove Mord out from his castle.
Mord eventually fought towards a new castle and a new army. He then wanted to make peace with Hecarim, but he was unsure and the offer is now undecided. This would explain 3 of my 4 quotes, but "Are you also a prisoner, Mordekaiser?" remains a mystery, but I think that the warlock that gave Mordekaiser his spell to curse Hecarim (might have been Karthus perhaps) still wants his/her payment for it. Mord is now on the run from this warlock and when he takes over the altar this woman assumes that the warlock has caught and imprisoned Mord.

What do you think?
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide