Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Some interesting story between Mordekaiser and...

Creator: KSS Awake October 27, 2012 1:15pm
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 6:25am | Report
First is that the statues seem to be the former followers of Elise before she offered her humantiy for power on the Shadow Isle and betrayed them (she somehow mentions them in the audio file at the login screen).

But then again I can't really pinpoint sth greater from the quotes.
KSS Awake
<Member>
KSS Awake's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 6:38am | Report
Jones MD wrote:

Just looked the lore up, because I wanted to prove you wrong, KSS Awake, but sadly, Karthus is the ruler of the Howling March. Whereever this is. So maybe, he isn't even Shadow Isle related?

No Karthus is definitely related with the Shadow Isles, he joined them by his will "A man who chose to join us, glorious."

TheKut wrote:

Wouls you mind checking if Evelyn has any special quotes for her. She's from the Isles as well.
When I read the quotes for Mord and Hecarim I thought of something. It says "Remember who you once were, Hecarim.", "Mordekaiser is not to be trusted, Hecarim." and to Mordekaiser "Are you also a prisoner, Mordekaiser?", "Free me, my lord, so I may aid you." These quotes made me think that maybe Hecarim was an old lord over some province on the Isles, as well as Mordekaiser. But Mord was the less wealthy and powerful of the two and he got jelous. So Mord seeked help to get rid of Hecarim and got his hand on some curse that he put on Hecarim which turned him into this. But the curse backfired and Mord turned into what he is now as well. Hecarim seeked revenge and drove Mord out from his castle.
Mord eventually fought towards a new castle and a new army. He then wanted to make peace with Hecarim, but he was unsure and the offer is now undecided. This would explain 3 of my 4 quotes, but "Are you also a prisoner, Mordekaiser?" remains a mystery, but I think that the warlock that gave Mordekaiser his spell to curse Hecarim (might have been Karthus perhaps) still wants his/her payment for it. Mord is now on the run from this warlock and when he takes over the altar this woman assumes that the warlock has caught and imprisoned Mord.

What do you think?

This one is actually pretty interesting, especially that it somehow links karthus to the story.
About eve, she has no special quote, this was posted by a riot member on a tt AMA:
"We haven't revealed what Eve's connection to the Shadow Isles is yet so we didn't want to spoil it through the VO. We may add additional VO when we reveal more of her story. We may also add additional VO for any new Shadow Isles champions we release."

Also I came to think that the two ghosts may actually be lovers?
West Altar:

"I still remember. Only fragments... but, I remember."

"Has he forgotten me?"

East Altar:

"Sometimes I-I can almost remember... her face."

-thanks to The_Nameless_Bard, effinvices, Joxuu, LaCorpse and arcan3 for the sigs-
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 7:12am | Report
As far as I can tell, Morde and Hecarim were/are generals/commanders within the Shadow Isle Legion. <-That I got from their lore

I would believe there is someone higher up in their chain of command. The ruler of the Shadow Isles. Riot has yet to reveal/release who that is.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 8:19am | Report
Romance in he shadow isles? *.*

Sig made by Tamy
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 8:23am | Report
IT'S A LOVE STORY, BABY JUST SAY YES.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 10:37am | Report

I would believe there is someone higher up in their chain of command. The ruler of the Shadow Isles. Riot has yet to reveal/release who that is.

It's the missing king of Demacia, who was corrupted by a enchanted Shadow Isle gem, smuggled into his environment by a covered Operation planned by Noxus Master Tactician Swain and executed by a specialy formed squad lead by LeBlanc.

The fallen King now wanders this unholy plane and searches for the means to rise an empire again and engulf the world in the flames of war!

!Bam! Lore finished, now where's my corrupted mad King wielding a giant Broad Sword??!
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 10:49am | Report
KSS Awake wrote:

This one is actually pretty interesting, especially that it somehow links karthus to the story.
About eve, she has no special quote, this was posted by a riot member on a tt AMA:
"We haven't revealed what Eve's connection to the Shadow Isles is yet so we didn't want to spoil it through the VO. We may add additional VO when we reveal more of her story. We may also add additional VO for any new Shadow Isles champions we release."

Also I came to think that the two ghosts may actually be lovers?
West Altar:

"I still remember. Only fragments... but, I remember."

"Has he forgotten me?"

East Altar:

"Sometimes I-I can almost remember... her face."

That's interesting too. What if the female was captured by someone and then her lover came to the rescue, but had to willingly turn himself in in order to free her. But then he got tricked and now they're both trapped in the altars. And since the male was the weaker of the two he got corrupted and is willing to aid the champions of free will while the female is still resisting and is only doing what they do because she doesn't have a choice.
bsurma
<Member>
bsurma's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 11:00am | Report
The whole East/West thing reminds me of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Now that you mention of the two ghosts, this seems even more familiar. lol
+Rep pls if I helped! One click doesn't hurt :D Check out my first guide featuring Darius (NEED MOAR VOTEZ)!

XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 11:38am | Report
The shadow isles are definitely the most interesting place by far.
I honestly can't make much sense out of the quotes but wtv xD
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 11:46am | Report
it might have to do with the people from the shadow isles just being in the League

"Remember who you once were, Hecarim" meaning he used to be a being of war, but now he joined the League which is an institute that stops war

same thing with morde being a prisoner, having to be summoned instead of looking for the thing he was meant to be looking for
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide