Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Standard AP Build

Creator: xMrDrPepperx May 1, 2012 1:46am
1 2
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2012 10:53am | Report
9x Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
9x Greater Seal of Scaling Mana Regeneration
9x Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power/ Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
3x Greater Quintessence of Ability Power/ Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed

This works on 95% of the ap champs; special cases do occur of course. Runes which look tempting but those you shouldn't get on ap mids:
Greater Glyph of Ability Power outscaled by level 5 (might be level 6 since the buff), therefore not worth it.
Greater Quintessence of Scaling Ability Power takes 11 levels to kick in; not worth it.
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist Mres is only going to help you in the early levels, mid/late it won't matter on casters
Greater Glyph of Magic Penetration not worth it unless you only take 2 of them; that is worth considering.
Any other mark then Greater Mark of Magic Penetration is not worth it.
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2012 10:55am | Report
I guess I've never run hp/level runes on my casters because in my experience if you do get caught out of position and hammered on, you are dead. If you position yourself correctly and don't get caught out, you live. It very rarely comes down to a "wow I got out with <100 health!".

There are exceptions to that of course, and it is just my personal opinion.
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2012 10:56am | Report
Really? Because that happens to me all the time. I can think of at least three or four times from just the one Ahri game I played yesterday where HP/level saved me or almost saved me. When you and your opponent go head to head, both use all your burst and Ignite is ticking down on you you'll often be grateful you have a bit of extra health.

I don't ever really run into mana problems on any of the AP champions I play so I have no use for mana regen, and Armour is pretty useless mid. So what else is there to use? Also I play Vlad and this way I don't need to take up another runepage.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2012 1:02pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Really? Because that happens to me all the time. I can think of at least three or four times from just the one Ahri game I played yesterday where HP/level saved me or almost saved me. When you and your opponent go head to head, both use all your burst and Ignite is ticking down on you you'll often be grateful you have a bit of extra health.

I don't ever really run into mana problems on any of the AP champions I play so I have no use for mana regen, and Armour is pretty useless mid. So what else is there to use? Also I play Vlad and this way I don't need to take up another runepage.

Greater Seal Of Vitality are great seals on most casters; personally I feel that most casters are better off with the mp5/lvl since it gives them more laning power and the hp is pretty insignificant late-game. Vlad is, of course, an obvious exception to this :)
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide