Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

The Effectiveness of Reporting

Creator: Focuscoene September 26, 2013 4:25pm
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2013 8:05pm | Report
I'm fairly sure the "unskilled player" report lowers your MMR. I asked my friends to 4x report me for "unskilled player" a few games in a row and suddenly I was playing against worse players than I usually do when I solo queued for normals. Doesn't seem to do anything to ranked.

Didn't seem like a substantial difference because after 10 games or so it went back to normal, will need larger sample size to verify.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Lord Kesharq
<Member>
Lord Kesharq's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2013 8:36pm | Report
Really? waste of time all those unskilled reports were then, why even have it if it does nothing? and the tribunal is a joke imo
Current League Goals:

Reach 1000 Normal Wins (Done)
Reach 2000 Normal Wins
Reach Gold Tier (S6)

(ty to Ninja Trigger for the sic)
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2013 8:43pm | Report
It lowers your MMR so that you aren't placed with better players, thus insuring that they won't be in your future games.
Sig by HogoPogo
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2013 8:54pm | Report

Really? waste of time all those unskilled reports were then, why even have it if it does nothing?

So, you want people to get banned for being bad at this game.

You should consider uninstalling if that's what your mindset is.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Kinen
<Member>
Kinen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2013 4:13am | Report

Really? waste of time all those unskilled reports were then, why even have it if it does nothing? and the tribunal is a joke imo

It also provides a means for frustrated players to vent in a more wholesome manner. They can report unskilled instead of making false reports or flaming. Sadly, they usually flame anyway.
Sig by Kinen|Nayaad
that's my IGN
Atropa
<Member>
Atropa's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2013 8:56am | Report
I have been taking part in the Tribunal for past four months and even hold a Justice ranking (woo hoo, I know big woop) Anyway here are a few pieces of information that may help.

borrowed from the FAQ

"How many reports put you in the Tribunal?
Typically a large number of reports are required before a player appears in the Tribunal, so if you had a bad game and are reported, don't worry! You will most likely not end up in the Tribunal.

The Tribunal takes into account the credibility of the people who file reports. If you are a positive player in League of Legends and only report when the offenses deserve it, your reports will actually be worth a lot more in the Tribunal than someone who abuses the reporting system and falsely reports lots of players.

Generally, players who follow the Summoner's Code and respect their fellow gamers should never be concerned about seeing the Tribunal."

And

"What information is provided in Tribunal cases for reviewers?
Tribunal case evidence includes report reasons and comments, in-game chat log, per player stats and inventory, date, time, map, and mode for each individual game from which the case is built.

Tribunal cases do not provide summoner names and other personal information"
Brave Sparrow
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2013 9:35am | Report
~95% of the reports made are useless and shouldn't even be made.
In the other hand when I look at some of the bans, I wonder how
that is enough evidence, but w/e.

Most common reason is propably flaming or unskilled player, where
I doubt maybe about 10% of the community know what flaming actually is
- and having a bad game is not banable.

Report if you have clear evidence otherwise it's just waste of effort
arguing in-game wether he gets banned or not.

Personally I don't report unless I'm in bad mood and there's really
toxic player in-game, but even then I might just forget it at the
end of the map as most of the reporters

I guess the system somewhat works.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Atropa
<Member>
Atropa's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2013 10:24am | Report
Joxuu wrote:

~95% of the reports made are useless and shouldn't even be made.
In the other hand when I look at some of the bans, I wonder how
that is enough evidence, but w/e.

You must not be reviewing the same cases I am. ;)

I've seen language that would shame a Longshoreman maybe even a Marine. Not to mention the volume of racial slurs and homophobic insults! And directed at their own teammates no less.

As with any system it isn't perfect, but at least there is an ongoing attempt.
Brave Sparrow
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2013 12:58pm | Report
Problem is that the system isn't perfect.

So the only way to keep it safe for the wrongly reported players not to get sentenced in the tribunal is to make it require a large sum of reports + multiple temp bans and hope he/she doesn't encounter a lot of ****heads in a short amount of time.

If you'd actually play a lot of games on good behaviour, but still get reported by some 12y old rager kiddo everytime, you would eventually end up in front of the tribunal.

And if you wind up there you'll most likely have yourself be charged guilty since most of the judges there simply deem you guilty by winding up in front of the tribunal.
Atropa
<Member>
Atropa's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2013 9:04am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Problem is that the system isn't perfect.

So the only way to keep it safe for the wrongly reported players not to get sentenced in the tribunal is to make it require a large sum of reports + multiple temp bans and hope he/she doesn't encounter a lot of ****heads in a short amount of time.

If you'd actually play a lot of games on good behaviour, but still get reported by some 12y old rager kiddo everytime, you would eventually end up in front of the tribunal.

And if you wind up there you'll most likely have yourself be charged guilty since most of the judges there simply deem you guilty by winding up in front of the tribunal.

According to information provided by RIOT in the Player Behavior forum, most normal players are reported 4-5% of their games. This percentage is not enough to place you in Tribunal.

The systems does not kick a player to Tribunal until the percentage of reports is 3x what it would be for a normal player i.e. 12-15% of all games played.

However, if all the reports made are submitted by known false reporters you may still not make it to Tribunal. People who false report have decreasing levels of influence in the reporting system.

But for argument's sake lets say you do end up in Tribunal anyway. If you have not done anything to violate the summoner's code then you will most likely be pardoned.

I can't speak for every judge but I read every case submitted and judge based on the information provided.
Someone isn't guilty by just being in front of the Tribunal, but they are guilty if their behavior shows it.

TL:DR = 13%-15% of all games played is what is necessary to land you in Tribunal. (unless all made by known false reporters) You are then judged by the community so its not an auto punish just for being there.

no system is perfect
Brave Sparrow

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide