Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Intelligence Test

Creator: YourNewKing February 21, 2014 11:52am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4
YourNewKing
<Member>
YourNewKing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 11:52am | Report
I think that a big problem with the matchmaking system in league of legends is that it fails to judge how intelligent the people who are queuing to enter a game. It is because of this that there is so much anger in the community as intelligent people and unintelligent people disagree with each other on a wide array of things including game play, sports, food, and who was in bed with their mother last Sunday.

With that said, I think that a very good way of removing this disagreement is to queue the smart people with others of their kind. And at the same time, put the dumb people together so that they may yell and argue and leave the game on each other to their hearts content.

Now I would like to clarify one point before I arrive at my proposal and that is that I know this will not end all disagreement. I know this will not stop people from leaving their games and I know this will not end the anger in league of legends. But even though this won't end all that stuff, I still truly think that this will benefit the community in that the intelligent sophisticated folk of this game will likely agree each other on most things and will likely not argue with each other and focus on the game. A very high standard atmosphere will develop that makes people comfortable to be playing with others who are also intelligent and intellectual. At the same time the idiots, with their foolish brains will agree with each other on many things as well, such as how much **** their mother sucked last night, or how their father enjoyed intercourse with a horse. Of course, there will be more anger in the idiot part of the community as animals will never get along. A dodo bird does not get along with a hyena. But this will make the game more consistent for everyone as the intelligent will be comfortable queuing and not being matched with idiots, and the idiots being fully prepared to have someone to fight with as they get into the game.

And so here is my proposal:
A Test. But not just any test, rather a science and maths test focused on high school standards. This test will judge how seasoned a player is in the areas of biology, physics, chemistry, geometry, trigonometry and statistics. Through this test, the player will be judged and depending how a well they scored, and they will be thrown into queue with others who scored similarly. Through this test, the idiots will be matched together and their misconceptions about the world will grow but I think that this is a small price to pay for a much brighter happier community.

Brackets for scores go as such:

Intelligent People:

90% - 100%
80% - 90%
70% - 80%

Idiots

60% - 70%
50% - 60%
0% - 50%

The people at opposite ends will have a 0% chance of being matched together. So the 0% - 50% people will never be matched with the 90% - 100% people. This chance decreases by 20% with each step higher. So the 80% - 90% people have a 20% chance of being matched with the 0% - 50% people.

For more information or question about the system, please ask and I'll answer.

People may retake the test just once 2 weeks after the take it the first time. If they score higher, that is their new bracket. If lower, the will step down to the lesser bracket.

Please discuss and tell me what you think of this system.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 12:06pm | Report

biggy quote

A man might get nobel prizes and still suck at league of legends, while a 10 year old kid could be really good at league of legends, or at least, compared to the nobel prize winner. Intelligence in general doesn't mean one has more intelligence in league. So if the system would be applied, then arguments about how bad other people are would still continue, no matter what intelligence.

Also; Riot would have to make a whole test every 2 weeks (to prevent cheating) with high difficulity questions about all kinds of scientific topics. I am sure that most of the Riot staff wouldn't even be able to pass any higher level of science test. If Riot would want to make such a test, then they would have to hire some high educated scientists to make these tests for them on a regular basis. That, is not cheap :P

So no, this is probably a bad idea :P
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Fat_fast
<Member>
Fat_fast's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 12:07pm | Report
If you wish to cut down the amount of people playing LoL by more than half, be my guest. It's the second fastest way to disperse fans, questioning their intelligence/maturity/insert-other-good-quality-here, or to spark a riot, the best way being a shjt-festering fart.
YourNewKing
<Member>
YourNewKing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 12:11pm | Report
The system that is shown isn't there to judge how well people play, but rather how honorable they will be the their teammate and enemies. A bad player in the 90% - 100% bracket may suck and feed the enemy team to the point where they weigh 5000 pounds, but they won't leave the game as they will feel that they own a debt to their teammates. In contrast, someone in the 0% - 50% will rage quit the moment someone on the enemy team gets first blood.

Now in terms of how they will create the test, I would say that a randomly generated test would work fine. Riot would code it so that it ensures a logical question and answer and the generated problem will always contain new numbers so that there will never be any single answer. The player will simply have to learn how to do the problem to be able to do it.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 12:34pm | Report
So you want to discriminate players from playing with each other based on intelligence.

Holy ****, that elitism. No thank you.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 1:09pm | Report
lolnope.

While I love being elitist, it shouldn't apply to League of Legends. Rating is already a way of sorting the best players, we don't need anything else.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 1:44pm | Report
Intelligence, attitude, and skill in League have nothing to do with each other.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Ahruu
<Member>
Ahruu's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 3:15pm | Report
It's a game for gods sake. Go play chess or something
Don't +rep me im a bad person
Fat_fast
<Member>
Fat_fast's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 11:50pm | Report
Don't be disheartened because we're showering you with cool water though. It's a commendable effort to innovate and even more so to post it up here, to be butchered critique constructively. But really, consideration is needed, what you were saying literally means dumping away all those who have recognize the casual quality of LoL, which differentiate it from many other MOBA games. Keep on suggesting, you'll never know when you will hit the jackpot.
SkidmarkD
<Member>
SkidmarkD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2014 5:12am | Report
Your reasoning is flawed.
You think there's a link between education and skill in League of Legends. By this reasoning, people on their doctorates should be the best players out there. Reality has disproven this way of thinking.

You also lean towards segregation. Should I provide some examples of segregation, so you could ponder on why it isn't a such a good idea?
Apartheid.
WW II.
The US up to the late 1960's.

The basis of your proposal is flawed. Therefor it won't work. It'll make things worse.
1 2 3 4

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide