Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Intelligence Test

Creator: YourNewKing February 21, 2014 11:52am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2014 5:52am | Report

The system that is shown isn't there to judge how well people play, but rather how honorable they will be the their teammate and enemies. A bad player in the 90% - 100% bracket may suck and feed the enemy team to the point where they weigh 5000 pounds, but they won't leave the game as they will feel that they own a debt to their teammates. In contrast, someone in the 0% - 50% will rage quit the moment someone on the enemy team gets first blood.

Now in terms of how they will create the test, I would say that a randomly generated test would work fine. Riot would code it so that it ensures a logical question and answer and the generated problem will always contain new numbers so that there will never be any single answer. The player will simply have to learn how to do the problem to be able to do it.

Maturity or honorableness doesn't derive from intelligence.
If you want to help me, teach me.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2014 6:20am | Report
Being good at those subjects does not suggest a person is socially capable, nor does being intelligent. As a person with a high IQ who sucks at general social interaction, I can tell you the two don't necessarily go hand in hand. No, I haven't left a game since before I was level 30 and I don't rage, but that's because I don't get mad easily and think leaving games isn't worth it, not because I'm intelligent. I have friends who are extremely intelligent and decent at the game, but get angry very easily and are willing to leave games. I also have friends who will refuse to leave or surrender even if there's no chance of turning a game around, despite the fact that the game is no longer fun, because of a desire to finish the game of their own terms. Intelligence doesn't determine your response to such things.

That being said, can we start giving spelling and grammar tests to everyone? The grammar nazi in me cries a little a lot every time I play. :P
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2014 11:01am | Report

I think that a big problem with the matchmaking system in league of legends is that it fails to judge how intelligent the people who are queuing to enter a game. It is because of this that there is so much anger in the community as intelligent people and unintelligent people disagree with each other on a wide array of things including game play, sports, food, and who was in bed with their mother last Sunday.
First off you don't have to refer to yourself. OF COURSE you think this. You are the one writing it. Also I am pretty sure intelligent people will also disagree with there other intelligent peers on a similar array of topics, while at the same time find those outside their IQs to have like interests as well. It is human nature. Also, if my mom is a *****, I don't need to know about it from you. I already know she is an unfaithful *****.
Quoted:
With that said, I think that a very good way of removing this disagreement is to queue the smart people with others of their kind. And at the same time, put the dumb people together so that they may yell and argue and leave the game on each other to their hearts content.
You are trying to remove something that does not exist here. you haven't even addressed the fact that there is a disagreement at this point. you simply state that there are "Intelligents" and "Others" who disagree on things. you never say what you are trying to address. Do you intend to remove the disagreement about sports, food or culture? Talking about The Disagreement gives an unclear reference.
Quoted:
Now I would like to clarify one point before I arrive at my proposal and that is that I know this will not end all disagreement. I know this will not stop people from leaving their games and I know this will not end the anger in league of legends. But even though this won't end all that stuff, I still truly think that this will benefit the community in that the intelligent sophisticated folk of this game will likely agree each other on most things and will likely not argue with each other and focus on the game.
More referring to yourself here. Anyway: the first thing you say is I have an idea, BUT IT WON'T WORK. so you just invalidated yourself here. If you are going to argue something, go all out, but don't lie at the same time.
Quoted:
A very high standard atmosphere will develop that makes people comfortable to be playing with others who are also intelligent and intellectual. At the same time the idiots, with their foolish brains will agree with each other on many things as well, such as how much **** their mother sucked last night, or how their father enjoyed intercourse with a horse.
Fancy words do not make good arguments. they also make you sound like a douche as in this example. Sophistication is overrated anyway.
Quoted:
Of course, there will be more anger in the idiot part of the community as animals will never get along. A dodo bird does not get along with a hyena. But this will make the game more consistent for everyone as the intelligent will be comfortable queuing and not being matched with idiots, and the idiots being fully prepared to have someone to fight with as they get into the game.
This is a very dangerous assumption. In fact, based on my reading and re-reading of this post, your whole argument is this right here. By simply assuming that those that are intelligent will not disagree with one another is like saying Man will never set foot on the Moon. It's preposterous to think that. I can hear the arguemnts now (In snotty english accents):
-Good sir, I respectfully request the Middle
-My apologies, but i shall take that role Middle. You can Jungle
-I shall jungle indeed, but do not expect my help in the near future
-As if I would ever need your help
Quoted:
And so here is my proposal:
A Test. But not just any test, rather a science and maths test focused on high school standards. This test will judge how seasoned a player is in the areas of biology, physics, chemistry, geometry, trigonometry and statistics. Through this test, the player will be judged and depending how a well they scored, and they will be thrown into queue with others who scored similarly. Through this test, the idiots will be matched together and their misconceptions about the world will grow but I think that this is a small price to pay for a much brighter happier community.

What about Literature and History? I am sure intelligent people study these things too. To further mute the point NONE of these thing have to do with the game as a whole. you can apply Math for sure but why would i need to know the chemical reaction of Methane and Oxygen to make Carbon Dioxide and Water? Judging people on a game based on a test that doesn't involve the test is insane. Its like judging a bunch of different animals which is best by their ability to climb a tree.

Quoted:
Brackets for scores go as such:

Intelligent People:

90% - 100%
80% - 90%
70% - 80%

Idiots

60% - 70%
50% - 60%
0% - 50%

The people at opposite ends will have a 0% chance of being matched together. So the 0% - 50% people will never be matched with the 90% - 100% people. This chance decreases by 20% with each step higher. So the 80% - 90% people have a 20% chance of being matched with the 0% - 50% people.
More walls. BAD OP! BAD!

Quoted:
For more information or question about the system, please ask and I'll answer.

People may retake the test just once 2 weeks after the take it the first time. If they score higher, that is their new bracket. If lower, the will step down to the lesser bracket.

Please discuss and tell me what you think of this system.

Is this a rage post? Because if it is, you are invalidating yourself by proving that you are not intelligent enough to keep calmf under stress and therefore an idiot by your own definition in the fifth breakdown, by not being able to tolerate the other "idiots"
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2014 10:11am | Report
Bad system, dude. I think something could be done do address the awefulness toxicity that exists in this game, but this one is certainly not the answer. Won't even mention morals, it's just a bad business decision.

In all honesty, I'm up for age-based veto, as in I check a button that doesn't let anyone under 21 in my queue or something. Wouldn't solve it completely but it would help. The thing is, this also is a brain fart idea that doesn't address the real issue and thus is a patchwork momentary solution with probable bad consequences.

When it comes down to it, the solution will always be the tribunal, this piece of **** reporting apparattus that doesn't work.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2014 10:27am | Report
Kazega, you need to calm the **** down.
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2014 10:42am | Report

I think that a big problem with the matchmaking system in league of legends is that it fails to judge how intelligent the people who are queuing to enter a game. It is because of this that there is so much anger in the community as intelligent people and unintelligent people disagree with each other on a wide array of things including game play, sports, food, and who was in bed with their mother last Sunday.

saying that isnt like saying that who is "intelligent" can always play well, and who "Is not intelligent" cant play well?

its laik socrate saying that who knows the "good" cant do the "bad", which is kinda a ****ed up sentence indeed.
"It's gonna be legen… wait for it… dary!"
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2014 11:26am | Report
The biggest problem:

Why the **** does the OP and the majority of the posters think that any science/math/whatever school test's result proofs intelligence???

Knowledge =/= Experience =/= Intelligence .........

Even the most advanced IQ test can't even come close to fathom the deepth of a human mind.

It goes as far that even a 12-13y old child can be "more intelligent" than a grown man who went through high school.

@OP: The reason that you don't realize that would let you fail at your own proposal.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2014 12:34pm | Report
sirell wrote:

Kazega, you need to calm the **** down.

Just because I spent the better part of an hour ripping a post apart bit bit bit does not mean I am irate, only thorough.I saw so many flaws with this argument I couldn't help myself.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2014 1:00pm | Report

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2014 2:36pm | Report
Too bad you didn't notice your own flaws. Hum.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide