Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The LoL Community

Creator: forzaITApirlo January 27, 2013 3:26pm
1 2 3
Is the community generally positive or negative?
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2013 8:35am | Report
@ZeroSoulreaver If you say: "That's just the way it is"
It means you will accept the fact that people might behave in a different way than that will suit you.

If that means that someone is saying everyone is a stereotype, it doesn't matter, because he accepts that someone is/can be different.

You said yourself:
"If someone is being a jerk to you just ignore it. The whole "negative" attitude comes from that 1 guy who shat on you and then you take it out on everyone else because of 1 bad egg. You aren't some victim, you are being negative yourself."

Here you basically say:
"That's just the way it is, deal with it"
Change is gooooood
Picture by: MrMad2000

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
ZeroSoulreaver
<Member>
ZeroSoulreaver's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2013 10:17am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

@ZeroSoulreaver If you say: "That's just the way it is"
It means you will accept the fact that people might behave in a different way than that will suit you.

If that means that someone is saying everyone is a stereotype, it doesn't matter, because he accepts that someone is/can be different.

You said yourself:
"If someone is being a jerk to you just ignore it. The whole "negative" attitude comes from that 1 guy who shat on you and then you take it out on everyone else because of 1 bad egg. You aren't some victim, you are being negative yourself."

Here you basically say:
"That's just the way it is, deal with it"

You aren't accepting if you accept a stereotype because that is convenient thinking. Saying everyone is the same is the easy way out and it isn't accepting someone is different than the one jerk. If you have ever been stereotyped you'd know how hard it is to break someone's opinion of an entire group because of just 1 bad incident with 1 person.

I said ignore it, not accept it. The difference is if you accept it you believe what they say and think everyone is the same. If you ignore it you don't take anything they say into consideration because you don't want it to effect you or your opinion of others.

There is a big difference in saying 1 guy is a jerk and saying an entire community is a bunch of jerks.

-I'll ADC you l8er-
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2013 10:25am | Report
Fair enough, that makes sense :D

Though, better have someone say: "That's just the way it is" instead of that they act like an *** when someone acts rude to them.

Your way has pretty much the same result as the "That's just the way it is" way, but you just look on it in a different direction, which is good, or maybe even better :D
Change is gooooood

Je suis le bee
~ Meiyjhe ~
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
The King of Talas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2013 6:17am | Report

I hate when people use the "that's just the way it is" argument because it's really not true. That's like saying a stereotype is true and you should just accept it, when it's really not.

I never meant to say all, there are no absolutes. Generally speaking, young guys are very competitive and this generates the culture that LoL has become synonymous with. I don't like the current LoL culture, I wish it wasn't so much the 'I must kill a bajillion times and if I don;t it's your fault and not mine' mentality.
The sentence below this one is false.
The sentence above this one is true.
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2013 10:13am | Report

alright. maybe im a bad ashe.
but what im saying is, why are people so rude about it?

Because most of the people that play this game are morons, like you.

When a game is this popular, it attracts the lowest common denominator. Plus, the community is on the young side so they're pretty immature. Anyone popped on call of duty lately? Too many screaming 10 yo's.

You can't play this game for a month and then come to a forum and try to drop knowledge on actual experienced players. If you want away from the ragers just get to plat. For you, lvl 30 would be a good start.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Totallynotn00b
<Guide Critic>
Totallynotn00b's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2013 11:38am | Report
There's all the issue of those who were rude and level 30 getting banned, so had to start over.
Thereby on the way up to 30, flamed everyone who was within flaming distance....

But in your case... you're not even level 30.
Other people have stated before me and explained exactly how it is that you're not "great".
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide