Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

The new Cassiopeia

Creator: NicknameMy August 30, 2014 11:24pm
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 12:03pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:
not sure i like the changes...sort of reminds me of what they tried to do with viktor...which really didn't work.

These are nothing like the changes to Viktor. Viktor mostly did get QoL changes in his rework Riot showed off. These changes actually change the way Cassiopeia plays.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 12:45pm | Report

These are nothing like the changes to Viktor. Viktor mostly did get QoL changes in his rework Riot showed off. These changes actually change the way Cassiopeia plays.

I meant the original Viktor release.

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 12:48pm | Report
Still nothing alike.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 1:07pm | Report
#nerdmode on:
Q max damage is reduced from 235 (+80% AP) to 210 (+35% AP) magic damage
W max damage is reduced from 65 (+15% AP) to 30 (+10% AP) magic damage per second
E max damage is adjusted from 190 (+55% AP) to 155 (+60% AP) magic damage
R max damage is reduced from 450 (+60% AP) to 350 (+50% AP) magic damage

So I did some nerd action and tried to find out how much the passive would help in regards to the AP ratio nerfs:
watanerd

It shows that the E damage is heavily increased, whereas the Q and W damage have been severely nerfed. The ult damage is reduced, although the CDR of the passive should compensate greatly for this damage loss. Whatever the case may be, it is clear that 200 stacks bonus compared to the 75 stacks bonus is pretty much a must have. How fast the Cassiopeia player would get these stacks seem to be very dependant on how easy she can harass the enemy champions with her poison. The poison stacks would go per second, whereas 6-7 minions would come per 30 seconds and that E harassment costs more mana in comparison to the amount of stacks you get from it.
#nerdmode off.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 1:44pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:
She didn't need an overhaul, she needed some quality of life changes. Her Q has slightly too long of a delay which makes it really hard to hit mobile champions and the reset on her twin fang is too buggy. Her ultimate is ****ing awful and needs to have longer range and be more responsive/consistent. If they fixed those things she would be a viable competitive pick, but i'm not that thrilled about the changes

They mentioned somewhere they're looking hard at the E responsiveness, W slow increase seems really important specially since it gives her more E sticking power. I think Cass will probably level up E first now in pretty much any matchup that isn't Yasuo. I agree that her ult is REALLY annoying to try and land, predictable and has an irritanting windup for the range it gets.

Overall I'm excited to see what these changes will bring to her. However, there's still the issue of how Orianna and Syndra are among the top mid picks atm, and Cass has issues against both.
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 11:30pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

However, there's still the issue of how Orianna and Syndra are among the top mid picks atm, and Cass has issues against both.

Who do not have problems against orianna? Even when she is behind and got 2-3 kills with 4 deaths and you are maybe 4 0 she can still wreck you.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2014 1:37am | Report

Who do not have problems against orianna? Even when she is behind and got 2-3 kills with 4 deaths and you are maybe 4 0 she can still wreck you.

I can't say that's ever happened to me.
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2014 1:38am | Report

I can't say that's ever happened to me.

your x/over9000/x score dosen't tell the same.
"Sure."
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2014 1:55am | Report

your x/over9000/x score dosen't tell the same.

Actually, that would be over16000/over9000/x. Dying a lot doesn't change that I almost always go positive by quite a lot.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2014 1:58am | Report
Well Ori having an AoE ult that can easily hit 5 people and does as much damage as most single target ults does make her pretty dangerous.

Basically MOBAFire.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide