Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The next Udyr changes

Creator: NicknameMy April 3, 2013 2:04pm
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2013 10:15am | Report
RaNuD wrote:
Seriously though, on-topic, I dont believe you need to abuse the ratios anyway.

The reason you want to abuse it is because of how ridiculous the ratios are. :-/

Bloodthirster baby.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2013 2:14pm | Report

The reason you want to abuse it is because of how ridiculous the ratios are. :-/
Bloodthirster baby.

I saw the ratios, and still wonder in which circumstances I would buy BT over Maw of Malmortius. I mean, okay, you'll get border absurd 1v1 power, but I doubt it will match tanky builds with BotRK in most circumstances. Gotta try I guess.
Also, I believe they will tweak the ratios before they put it in the patch.
In a thread about his own ban,
gabpin wrote:
stfu I only did that : swearing and thats why i got ban are u ****** or something ?

In a thread about toxic players,
Go be a whiny baby elsewhere. Find and abuse the ignore button. No sense stinking up this forum with your crying.
BusDriver210
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2013 4:04pm | Report
IDK where people get the idea that building tanky means you must buy a BotRK. A BT -> defensive stuff -> Last whisper is just as dangerous in most situations. BotRK is even weaker on Udyr now due to the AS changes to tiger stance.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2013 7:38pm | Report

IDK where people get the idea that building tanky means you must buy a BotRK. A BT -> defensive stuff -> Last whisper is just as dangerous in most situations. BotRK is even weaker on Udyr now due to the AS changes to tiger stance.

The same idea was carried about TriForce in season two. BotRK give you a huge amount of damage no matter what, just like TriForce used to do (actually, it still does).

Regarding BotRK's strenght on Udyr, the item's AS is better on Udyr now that Tiger gives AD bonus on auto-attacks. It' almost 4 quarters for a dollar. ("almost" means I do agree it probably lost some power, but I really think it's negligible)
I will definately try BT+LW, but I am still pretty sure I'll prefer BotRK+Zephyr. Movespeed so good. And attack speed too. Errythingspeed so good.
gabpin wrote:
stfu I only did that : swearing and thats why i got ban are u ****** or something ?

Go be a whiny baby elsewhere. Find and abuse the ignore button. No sense stinking up this forum with your crying.
BusDriver210
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2013 8:15pm | Report
Boots of Swiftness + Spirit of the Ancient Golem + Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed is all the speed I need on my Udyr.

Spirit of the Ancient Golem
Boots of Swiftness
Runic Bulwark
Bloodthirster
Randuin's Omen
Last Whisper

I prefer this build, although I know BotRK is a good choice on Udyr. It brings a bit more damage to the mix and insures you have decent burst with tiger. I might think about changing BT, but I would only swap it for Trinity Force. Just my person opinion. :3

RaNuD wrote:
Regarding BotRK's strenght on Udyr, the item's AS is better on Udyr now that Tiger gives AD bonus on auto-attacks.

That is one way to look at it, but all I see is 25 AD and begin to reconsider. The actual stats on BotRK are what push me away from it. If I need to deal with a big health bruiser sure I'll purchase it, but it just doesn't provide the amount of stats I want on Udyr.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2013 4:25am | Report
RaNuD wrote:

The same idea was carried about TriForce in season two. BotRK give you a huge amount of damage no matter what, just like TriForce used to do (actually, it still does).

Regarding BotRK's strenght on Udyr, the item's AS is better on Udyr now that Tiger gives AD bonus on auto-attacks. It' almost 4 quarters for a dollar. ("almost" means I do agree it probably lost some power, but I really think it's negligible)
I will definately try BT+LW, but I am still pretty sure I'll prefer BotRK+Zephyr. Movespeed so good. And attack speed too. Errythingspeed so good.

So if we give you a champion with by far the highest AD scaling in the game, you'll build an item that relies on its own base damage and attack speed for damage. k
SirAeros
<Member>
SirAeros's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2013 5:17am | Report

So if we give you a champion with by far the highest AD scaling in the game, you'll build an item that relies on its own base damage and attack speed for damage. k

Vapora peole will never learn mang just give up

to be fair Build Wise I would prolly go BT-Randuins or Bullwark(Udyr still a tank notheless)-BC(the Shred will Scale insanely well with the DoT heck Udyr will prolly be one of the best Stackers of it) or Yommus(WHY THAT UDYR HITS AS HARD AS MAH ADC) or LW-Close up with more tankiness
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2013 5:44am | Report
idk about his kit but he's never gonna be a good melee AD caster without a proper gapcloser
RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2013 6:40am | Report
Embracing wrote:

idk about his kit but he's never gonna be a good melee AD caster without a proper gapcloser

Also my thought.

@Vapora: Sion has 100% lifesteal and the same AS boost Tristana gets, yet he doesnt make a better ADC. Dont take this as an attempt to make a point, but as a comparison as to why I wouldnt build Udyr like you would build Talon.
Also, BotRK is quite possibly a little too strong at the moment on auto-attackers, and I agree with Embracing about Udyr being an auto-attacker. (as opposed to an AD caster)

@SirAeros: Someone admits that he has to try option A, then explains why option B will probably outclass the former. Now just tell me what gave you the need to burst in and reduce the debate to a dumb dichotomy.
That being said, if one goes the BT-way, I do agree with your build options, although it might lack resilience. Maw of Malmortius anyone?

EDIT: Lol busdriver, didnt see your reply. Yea your full build is scary as hell. My concern is the build path, and how strong you will be mid-game(I rarely ever see anyone with a full build). Gotta tinker with those items, but I like the idea.
gabpin wrote:

Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2013 11:12am | Report
RaNuD wrote:

Also my thought.

@Vapora: Sion has 100% lifesteal and the same AS boost Tristana gets, yet he doesnt make a better ADC. Dont take this as an attempt to make a point, but as a comparison as to why I wouldnt build Udyr like you would build Talon.
Also, BotRK is quite possibly a little too strong at the moment on auto-attackers, and I agree with Embracing about Udyr being an auto-attacker. (as opposed to an AD caster)

@SirAeros: Someone admits that he has to try option A, then explains why option B will probably outclass the former. Now just tell me what gave you the need to burst in and reduce the debate to a dumb dichotomy.
That being said, if one goes the BT-way, I do agree with your build options, although it might lack resilience. Maw of Malmortius anyone?

EDIT: Lol busdriver, didnt see your reply. Yea your full build is scary as hell. My concern is the build path, and how strong you will be mid-game(I rarely ever see anyone with a full build). Gotta tinker with those items, but I like the idea.

Wut, I wouldn't build Udyr like Talon, lmao, you misunderstand me. Talon has escapes and ways of dodging focus; all Udyr can do is charge in screaming and punch everything until he dies. If he dies fast, he ain't much use.

But I do think the focus of his build should be towards being a tanky damage dealer, taking a lot of AD for his damage. BotRK barely makes you more tanky than a straight-forward BT, and BT would do way more damage due to how spammable his Q is.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide