Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Udyr Rework

Creator: NicknameMy March 22, 2013 1:24am
61 posts - page 2 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2013 9:41am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

def the udyr changes are alright but i think they made some stupid decisions at the same time. I like the Q change but also don't like it, the e change is good, but...meh. Turtle pret useless now.

Shields are worthless? Remind me to stop using Command: Protect on Orianna too. >.>

Also, it isn't on the tooltip but Udyr's Blazing Stampede now has a slight dash to it when attacking a target. Pretty nice if you ask me.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2013 9:57am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Sounds like top lane Udyr will be easier to deal with since he'll be dealing pretty much physical damage only.

It will also allow Udyr to build Armor Pen. Before building it was pretty bad because he has so much mixed damage. Good change there

Bridge Between is a nerf to me. He already gets high attack speed from Wilding Claw, the % armor and MR were better.

Iron Mantle nerfs are meh. I'm not a fan, unless they're making him a resourceless champion it will really hurt his lane sustain, which is pretty much the only thing he has going for him. Sustain scales off damage, so pretty much lifesteal.

Wingborne Storm makes no sense. They're attempting to buff it, but its an AP scaling ability and the rest of his kit is changing to support a damage oriented build. So basically Phoenix is going to be used to push waves or clear waves as it already is. It actually gets weaker because of the changes to Wilding Claw, Bridge Between and Iron Mantle

all in all, the changes seem pretty bad, they're incetivising building damage by trying to give him high base attack speed, but some of the changes as a whole seem pretty bad
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2013 10:13am | Report
Not necessarily a nerf to Turtle Stance, he doesn't have mana problems anyway, and now the heal scales off all damage dealt, meaning on-hits ( Blade of the Ruined King) and TF are better for him :p
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2013 10:24am | Report
No mana probelms? WTF? Cast 6 times spells and you are oom. Also, as far as I know, turtle stance doesn't scale with on-hit effects.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2013 10:25am | Report
It heals you for 12% of the damage you do, pretty it counts the on-hit damage. Would need further testing though.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2013 10:30am | Report
ultimately would depend on the wording, right now it says "damage he does" if it changes to basic attacks or anything of the sort it would most likely not affect items like BotRK.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2013 10:33am | Report
Quoted:
Turtle Stance's healing is equivalent to life steal and procs on the same effects.

lolWiki
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2013 10:34am | Report
Bridge Between already has the AS component.

At this rate, they'll change Consecration entirely and make Astral Blessing give some other stat than armor. And also Aria of Perseverance.

GG Riot. Removing all built-in armor and MR when you already buffed penetration hugely.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2013 11:00am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

No mana probelms? WTF? Cast 6 times spells and you are oom. Also, as far as I know, turtle stance doesn't scale with on-hit effects.

Learn to conserve mana?

His mana costs are getting lowered?

And lolwiki is based on the game right now, not on PBE. What it says means nothing.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2013 11:04am | Report

Meh love how they thought it was a good idea to "remove the mana regen for the ability to CRIT" what ****ing Udyr is building crit for that to matter?

They probably wanted to stop potentially broken stuff like SotD Udyr from becoming a thing.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide