Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Thoughts on Backdooring

Creator: STRYKER29 February 7, 2011 8:31am
1 2 3 4
STRYKER29
<Member>
STRYKER29's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2011 8:31am | Report
What are y'all's thoughts on the act of backdooring? Do you think it is a legitimate strategy in the game? Or do you view it as cowardly method of gaining an advantage?

I just wanna know what everybody else thinks.
Many an opportunity is lost because a man is out looking for four-leaf clovers. ~Author Unknown

When I was young, I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. So I did ten times more work. ~George Bernard Shaw
SixSonatas
<Veteran>
SixSonatas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2011 8:37am | Report
Legitimate strategy; it's what prevents stalemates from happening, when both teams are equally powered and can't push past a tower due to equality in power.

People who get beaten by it are the ones who think it's "cowardly", cuz THEY MAD.
Super old vet that almost never goes on Mobafire anymore. Contact me in game @ SixSonatas and Mobafire chat (NA).
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2011 8:43am | Report
I have mixed opinions, it was banned from Dota league way back in the day for a reason, but i can see why u wuld do it...

I stay neutral
STRYKER29
<Member>
STRYKER29's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2011 8:51am | Report
I'm kind of on the fence about it too. I think that it is a legit strategy when there is a stalemate that is dragging on. HOWEVER, I absolutely hate it when I see a Master Yi do this at any point during the game. If it is someone else doing it, then I'm usually ok with it.

I'm not going to lie, I've done it before. I'm sure everyone has backdoored at least once or twice. I just hate when a game is evenly matched and hasn't been dragging on and someone decides to backdoor. It just kinda ruins the entire match for everyone in my opinion.
Many an opportunity is lost because a man is out looking for four-leaf clovers. ~Author Unknown

When I was young, I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. So I did ten times more work. ~George Bernard Shaw
ExistentialWhoa
<Member>
ExistentialWhoa's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2011 8:54am | Report
When the goal of a game is to win, and no rule prevents something, not using a tactic for fear of peoples response is irrelevant.

If you backdoor, you'd better know how to do it. If you die or cause a team fight to go south in your absence, backdooring is a bad idea.

If someone complains about backdooring, what they are really saying is "we have failed to stop a fairly basic map awareness issue." If you don't like backdooring, stop them.

There is no such thing as a bad win.
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2011 9:17am | Report
I actually agree with the above post

Backdooring is actually something that I thought was a compelling and interesting tactic until I went onto a forum and read about people raging about it

In my opinion its basically an extremely risky yet high reward strategy. Much like playing Akali :L
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2011 9:18am | Report
yea i get angry when yi does it, cus it's the bad yi's and thats all they can do. but then his team loses team fights and we push and win, happens often.
Riggsinator
<Member>
Riggsinator's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2011 9:56am | Report
Most people enjoy giving backdoors.... but most people hate receiving backdoors...

In LOL and IRL!
"Thats a paddlin'"
STRYKER29
<Member>
STRYKER29's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2011 10:10am | Report

Most people enjoy giving backdoors.... but most people hate receiving backdoors...

In LOL and IRL!

Wise words, Riggsinator, wise words...

SixSonatas
<Veteran>
SixSonatas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2011 10:27am | Report
Oh, and the fact that you can completely prevent it with proper warding and having the Teleport spell makes it less imba, whereas in DotA it would require Boots of Travel.

And if the team isn't strong enough to hold 5v4, the backdoor fails.

So... backdooring is not really a cheap strategy, it's just something that catches people off guard and then they rage.
Super old vet that almost never goes on Mobafire anymore. Contact me in game @ SixSonatas and Mobafire chat (NA).
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide