Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Topic of the Week - Blue Side Advantage

Creator: Mowen May 15, 2013 6:45pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2013 6:45pm | Report

Summoner's Rift has two sides to it's map, the blue side and the purple side. Each side has it's own advantages and disadvantages.

However, for a while blue side has been winning more consistently than purple side. Elophant recently added a new chart showing the win rate for each side. According to this chart Blue side's win rate is 54%.

What experiences have you had with being on blue or purple side and feeling there's an advantage or disadvantage? What could be done to make the two sides of the map more balanced? What have you or other players done to improve your position when you're on a side with a disadvantage?

If you like these types of discussion be sure to check back next week for a new topic or comment on our Facebook Page.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2013 6:50pm | Report
i like purple side better honestly, its safer to check if people are doing baron on purple side because you dont have to go in the river, it feels easier to gank bot lane from purple side to me

but i know there are disadvantages like purple not getting the adc to have golems but i myself prefer purple side

i think a nice fix to the whole "blue side advantage" would be to give purple side first pick on champion select since blue side has the map advantage
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
somewhitekid
<Member>
somewhitekid's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2013 6:59pm | Report
Only thing that would make purple better for me is if your HUD would appear on the top of the screen instead of the bottom. It really gets in the way when you're trying to do anything.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2013 7:00pm | Report
Blue side bot lane has a pretty ridiculous advantage right now as if you take golems you're guaranteed to hit level 2 on the first minion wave while your opponents have to wait for the second. This gives you a big window of time to initiate a kill, poke or simply take control of the brush and zone.

This is further compounded by the fact that on purple side you're generally stuck helping with blue buff which means by the time you get into lane your opponents can potentially have already killed 3 minions and be right on the verge of hitting 2. On blue side it's actually possible to take golems AND help your jungler with red buff and you'll still reach the lane at the same time as purple side.

The only real counter for the advantage is if your jungler starts at red and you take wolves, but it's pretty rare that people do this. Blue side bot lane can take the golems regardless of jungler start.
Justin Hatguy
<Member>
Justin Hatguy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2013 7:01pm | Report
change the locations of the blue/red buffs on purple side to mach blue side so that the adc does not have to leash the jungler (if they start at blue and most do) and miss out on the first wave of creep farm/exp and have their lane pushed to the tower unless its a jungle that can gank at Lv2
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2013 7:30pm | Report
Golems are a huge advantage once you reach the tier of play that knows how to utilize them.
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2013 8:14pm | Report
^This, Riot is actively trying to find a way to nerf this early advantage Blue side gets. Some of the talk I've heard is that they are planning to make golems spawn 30 seconds later then all the other camps.
Alcasea
<Member>
Alcasea's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2013 8:18pm | Report
well there are still the wraiths and if the team junglers start with blue then i think bot lane of blue team could still get the wraiths.
+rep if i helped or if you just happen to like repping ^^
Huggles
<Member>
Huggles's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2013 9:15pm | Report
I think that the best way to even it out is reduce the XP given by golems. Simple as that.

However, if the ADC decides to skip golems for some reason, I'd say purple actually has the advantage. It's far easier to steal Baron from that side.
Check out my guide here!
..and a +Rep would be nice too!
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2013 10:00pm | Report
Alcasea wrote:

well there are still the wraiths and if the team junglers start with blue then i think bot lane of blue team could still get the wraiths.

then they wouldnt get to lane in time
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide