Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides
's Forum Avatar

Trundle

Creator: ArthurTheHammer
January 15, 2013 2:45pm
14 posts page 1 of 2 Forums » General Discussion » Trundle
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by ArthurTheHammer » January 15, 2013 2:45pm | Report
I've been playing LOL for about 5-6 months now and I recently bought Trundle. I looked up build guides and adjusted mt masteries accordingly. I'm not a good jungler so I play top lane with him, but I never can seem to be able to be very good in match unless its really early in the game or after I've bought all my items late game. Does anyone have any advice for my mid game to get better with Trundle?
ArthurTheHammer's Forum Avatar

ArthurTheHammer
<Member>
Posts: 32
Joined: Jan 14th, 2013
Rep: Unremarkable (2)
Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by DillButt64 » January 15, 2013 3:03pm | Report
trundle isnt in the best spot right now because everyone has a gap closer making his pillar kind of useless, his sapping abilities i really like but when i play against him hes just sorta there, his ult would seem good now that everyone is stacking hp because of how easy armor pen is to get but after laning you should roam and use your AD sapping on the AD damage dealer and your ult on the tankier champions with more hp so that youll be tankier yourself while you run in to sap the AD from the carries, and using your pillar in the team fights can be good or bad because your teammates are affected by it too like anivias wall so make sure you place it properly

but still trundle isnt in that great of a spot but i love the idea of his kit and mechanics
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
DillButt64's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
DillButt64
<Editor>
Posts: 4244
Joined: Aug 3rd, 2012
Rep: Established (102)
Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by cooper56 » January 15, 2013 4:57pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

trundle isnt in the best spot right now because everyone has a gap closer making his pillar kind of useless, his sapping abilities i really like but when i play against him hes just sorta there, his ult would seem good now that everyone is stacking hp because of how easy armor pen is to get but after laning you should roam and use your AD sapping on the AD damage dealer and your ult on the tankier champions with more hp so that youll be tankier yourself while you run in to sap the AD from the carries, and using your pillar in the team fights can be good or bad because your teammates are affected by it too like anivias wall so make sure you place it properly

but still trundle isnt in that great of a spot but i love the idea of his kit and mechanics

Trundle is in great spot hes one top junglers right now. Most teams right now have one tank so his ult makes them useless.
cooper56's Forum Avatar

cooper56
<Member>
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sep 13th, 2011
Rep: Notable (28)
Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Meshly » January 15, 2013 7:28pm | Report
^
Didn't that Stonewall guy say that?

Either way whether he's good or not he is still one of my favorite champs.
Meshly's Forum Avatar

Meshly
<Member>
Posts: 64
Joined: Mar 5th, 2012
Rep: Unremarkable (2)
Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by DillButt64 » January 15, 2013 8:19pm | Report
stonewall isnt smart he thought nunu was going to be in the jungle constantly instead of support

so are you saying trundle is in a good spot just because of his ult? just because his ult is effect against tanks doesnt mean the rest of his kit is good, his pillar like i said is sort of useless because most of the champions youll use it against have a gap closer to get over it, his rabid bite has an awkward animation making it weird to use, and his one buff is only in the AoE, which i know is one of the biggest in the game, but still anyone can just move out of the AoE so he cant abuse that buff

you cant say hes in a great spot because he has an anti tank ult but ignore the flaws in his kit
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
DillButt64's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
DillButt64
<Editor>
Posts: 4244
Joined: Aug 3rd, 2012
Rep: Established (102)
Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by cooper56 » January 16, 2013 7:04am | Report
Meshly wrote:

^
Didn't that Stonewall guy say that?

Either way whether he's good or not he is still one of my favorite champs.

Yep
cooper56's Forum Avatar

cooper56
<Member>
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sep 13th, 2011
Rep: Notable (28)
Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by cooper56 » January 16, 2013 7:07am | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

stonewall isnt smart he thought nunu was going to be in the jungle constantly instead of support

so are you saying trundle is in a good spot just because of his ult? just because his ult is effect against tanks doesnt mean the rest of his kit is good, his pillar like i said is sort of useless because most of the champions youll use it against have a gap closer to get over it, his rabid bite has an awkward animation making it weird to use, and his one buff is only in the AoE, which i know is one of the biggest in the game, but still anyone can just move out of the AoE so he cant abuse that buff

you cant say hes in a great spot because he has an anti tank ult but ignore the flaws in his kit
You act like rest of his skills are bad his q is good dmg and lowers ad champs dmg. His kit is pretty good his e is i guess easy to escape due to flash etc but you could stay that about any slow or knock up or cc.
cooper56's Forum Avatar

cooper56
<Member>
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sep 13th, 2011
Rep: Notable (28)
Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by PsiGuard » January 16, 2013 7:22am | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

his pillar like i said is sort of useless because most of the champions youll use it against have a gap closer to get over it

False. Trundle's pillar provides very strong zone control in group fights, especially in the jungle. It's rather like Anivia's wall. I wouldn't call that useless just because some champions can jump it.

DillButt64 wrote:

his rabid bite has an awkward animation making it weird to use

How on earth is this a reason.

DillButt64 wrote:
and his one buff is only in the AoE, which i know is one of the biggest in the game, but still anyone can just move out of the AoE so he cant abuse that buff

Maybe you haven't been paying attention, but AoE abilities and location-based combat are perfectly legitimate. You wouldn't call Anivia's ult useless just because it's AoE and people can walk out of it, nor would you say so about Maokai's ultimate (or at least, I hope not). As you said, Trundle's W is one of the biggest AoEs in the game. You can abuse the buff quite easily.

The reason I think Trundle isn't very popular yet is because he suffers from relatively poor jungle speed combined with relatively poor ganks. His team fighting is actually quite strong, but he doesn't provide as much pressure in the early stages of the game and it's quite easy to fall behind with him. Other junglers can provide strong late game scaling with better farming and/or early ganks, like Amumu.
Thanks to Fatelblade for the sig!
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
PsiGuard
<Community Manager>
Posts: 7874
Joined: Jun 26th, 2011
Rep: Eminent (929)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by cooper56 » January 16, 2013 7:26am | Report
I think i read somewhere in recent interview there goiing buff trundle or little or make so changes. Also upgrade his art.
cooper56's Forum Avatar

cooper56
<Member>
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sep 13th, 2011
Rep: Notable (28)
Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by ArthurTheHammer » January 16, 2013 3:39pm | Report
I believe trundle it pretty good at ganking, his slow and contaminate make it fairly easy to gank, his rabid bite does pretty good damage, and his ult can melt tanks. The only problems is that he doesn't seem to scale very well, and his mid game seems to weak compared to many others.
ArthurTheHammer's Forum Avatar

ArthurTheHammer
<Member>
Posts: 32
Joined: Jan 14th, 2013
Rep: Unremarkable (2)
Profile

Quick Reply:

Guest commenting is currently disabled, please log in or sign up to respond!