Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Turrets could use a buff?

Creator: FalseoGod June 1, 2012 7:04am
1 2 3 4
Turrets: le buff?
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 7:04am | Report
W***up?

I've come to this matter over and over: turrets are becoming more and more unreliable nowadays. In a place where Alistar/Nautilus junglers can dive you at level 3 for kill enabling, where mundo/nasus can tank turrets alone and destroy them for fun, or, basically, where many times playing a squishy can be unreliable simply because tanking towers seems to be easy peasy early game and lategame they're nearly useless.

This goes both ways, so it's not a QQ; I've ignored turrets over and over with dives and such, and felt at times it was just unfair. One doesn't always know how far some can tank them turrets, and other times it's just annoying to see a one milling HP tank go poke a turret for a bit, leave when he knows enemies are coming, then return, etc.

SO, I think turrets could use a buff. Targetting buffs seem pointless coz they might "confuse" the turret (like focusing the champ who deal more damage to your team since the last beam). What I though could work would be turrets dealing X base damage + % target's Max HP. This means it would be more balanced for shooting tanks while still dealing decent damage to carries (only dealing %of max hp would let them tank the turrets easily). The % should not be so high as it would make playing tanks semi-pointless on this field, but notable enough so they require a brain more than just WOO I BUILT HP I CAN DO ANYTHING.

What say you guys?

EDIT: I'm refering to base turrets. Dafuq guyz?
Werepirelord
<Member>
Werepirelord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 7:07am | Report
I think they could scale a bit on lategame.......

Edit:Oh, lol, wasn't really reading the whole thing so i thought you ment turrets(like, the base turrets).
Yeah, Heimer could more use a buff on his ult.

Tah beh, or nat tah beh. BOOM! Nat tah beh.
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 7:11am | Report
Heimer just needs a rework. His kit works around poking and kiting and the turrents are on place things so it works meh.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 7:18am | Report
^ rofl.

No need for a buff imo

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 7:26am | Report
I was refering to base turrets, heimer's head is clearly overcompensating his wad.

cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 7:29am | Report
Turrets kinda weak... all you need is giant belt and you can tank turrets easily or large hp item.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 7:29am | Report
Turrets are too strong already.

Don't buff them

If anything buff their hp.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 7:42am | Report
I'm not really sure what a turret HP buff would accomplish.

I can remember maybe a handful of times where a turret having more health would have impacted a game in any way at all. Generally if one is getting pushed, it's going to die because there are multiple enemies wailing on it because your team either just lost a teamfight or was horrendously out of position map-wise. Having 200 extra health doesn't matter.
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 8:31am | Report
For the record, turrets already have 45% ArP to counter tanks. They also deal more damage with each shot on the same target.
zyeboix
<Member>
zyeboix's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 9:53am | Report
I think they're fine, doing alot of damage in early game until you're level 10 something. After that they do a small amount of damage.

Thanks Xiaowiriamu for the awesome sig!
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide