Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Upcoming Zyra nerfs

Creator: Wayne3100 August 7, 2012 3:42am
1 2 3
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2012 11:21pm | Report
I didn't say Ahri should flat out beat her (I think really no one should), but because of her ult it is incredibly hard for Zyra to catch her in Stranglethorns as 9/10 times she will ult out of it before the knockup (even if you land a snare). As soon as Zyra misses a snare, she's also vulnerable to Ahri ulting in and taunting and killing her because Ahri has that assassin type gameplay that Zyra is not great against.

Not saying Ahri should win or the matchup is clearly in her favour, but there's no reason for her to lose it, is my point.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2012 11:30pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

I didn't say Ahri should flat out beat her (I think really no one should), but because of her ult it is incredibly hard for Zyra to catch her in Stranglethorns as 9/10 times she will ult out of it before the knockup (even if you land a snare). As soon as Zyra misses a snare, she's also vulnerable to Ahri ulting in and taunting and killing her because Ahri has that assassin type gameplay that Zyra is not great against.

Not saying Ahri should win or the matchup is clearly in her favour, but there's no reason for her to lose it, is my point.

You're right,Ahri's ult can easily dodge zyra's abilities.
But only when spirit rush's on.
Killing zyra b4 she got RoA is easy,but escaping alive is not as easy.
Especially when her plants are still alive they'll keep firing at you.
Zyra's e is also much easier to land then Ahri's e.
I know it's a snare instead of taunt or stun.
But that's enough to dish out a quick burst while the victim can do nothing if range is an issue.
Other times during laning a wild e will root ahri, followed by double w and a Q =[
Only think Ahri can trade back is Q,but mostly she'll lose the trade.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2012 9:34am | Report
Zoneing champs like orianna, ziggs, and anivia should be able to keep up in terms of control and not be easily harassed by her. Long ranged champschamps like xerath and lux (who can also be considered a zoner) should do well too by keeping out of range of her snare while also being able to disrubt her if she tries to close the gap for a combo. Cass, veigar, brand and morganna would be a skill match. Champs that should lose to zyra are annie, ryze, gragas, galieo. But that is just my opinion.
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2012 9:40am | Report
Played her after the nerf without knowing they had already been hotfixed and barely noticed anything.

She's still very strong.
Vinta
<Member>
Vinta's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2012 12:16pm | Report
When I initially heard about her nerf, I was very upset. I couldn't see how they would think her to be way too powerful, and not even do a double-take at Jayce.

My own biases aside, after playing her pre-nerf and post-nerf, I actually find myself doing even better. Since it isn't worthwhile to spend the mana on a second turret, I end up having more seeds and mana at my disposal during a match.
Inferiae
<Member>
Inferiae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2012 12:40pm | Report
Playing both with her and against her post-nerf, I still think she's incredibly strong, I'd be surprised if these tweaks stopped her being a regular ban
Thanks Xiaowiriamu for the awesome signature!
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2012 3:37pm | Report
Much needed!

MissWitch
<Member>
MissWitch's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2012 10:20pm | Report
One long word: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
If you would like for me to review YOUR guide, send me a PM!
Taco limeyjr
<Member>
Taco limeyjr's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2012 10:21pm | Report
these nerfs were needed
Thanks Nameless for the awesome sig =D
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide