Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Upcoming Zyra nerfs

Creator: Wayne3100 August 7, 2012 3:42am
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2012 11:53am | Report

I think they really really need to work on the target prioritizing system for her plants. I could have two plants down in the middle of a creep wave, enemy champion sitting right between them, and the plants don't attack him, but the creeps. Does anyone else have this issue? Because i think this is whack. Imagine if Yorick's ghouls just randomly attacked targets? His power in lane would be severely hurt.

I don't have that issue at all o_o

In fact, I feel like they pretty much always prioritise champions, even when a lot of minions are way closer to them.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2012 11:57am | Report
^this
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2012 12:21pm | Report

I think they really really need to work on the target prioritizing system for her plants. I could have two plants down in the middle of a creep wave, enemy champion sitting right between them, and the plants don't attack him, but the creeps. Does anyone else have this issue? Because i think this is whack. Imagine if Yorick's ghouls just randomly attacked targets? His power in lane would be severely hurt.

Not really. Plants prioritize Zyra's targets, so to make sure they go for the enemy champ just right click said champ once and then right click narnia (so you won't chase him with autos, unless you want to) and they'll stick to him until he's out of range.
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2012 2:40pm | Report

pretty sure you're the only person with this problem
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2012 3:11pm | Report
They missed a majority of what they needed to change. Lately riot has done well in the balancing area...but Zyra's plants are simply too dumb to actually be effective unless someone is dumb enough to hang around them or you get a good combo off. The fact that they prioritize her auto attacked targets is weak, the plants need to prioritize champs without zyra needing to aa them. Rather she can aa to switch them but they need to prioritize champs, and out of that attack the lowest health champs unless she aas someone. Anywhoo shes gonna be relatively weak now, maybe "balanced" but ill have to see.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2012 4:42pm | Report
Nerfs were necessary, but this was just too hard. She needs a bit of a rebuff on at least her plant damage :/

Classic Riot, release OP, overnerf, then balance or overbuff

gg

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
crossfire
<Member>
crossfire's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2012 6:47pm | Report

Nerfs were necessary, but this was just too hard. She needs a bit of a rebuff on at least her plant damage :/

Classic Riot, release OP, overnerf, then balance or overbuff

gg

Yep greedy greedy riot.
+Rep for a cookie.

Thanks to LaCorpse for the sig.

Don't Click This | Click This
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2012 11:04am | Report
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2012 11:11am | Report
Nerfs are good, she needs this; especially the cast range reduce. The movespeed and damage reduction overall are pretty good, burst and zoning nerfed; this should balance her quite nicely.
TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2012 10:46pm | Report
This is justice.

I hope no more zyra will build rod of ages and then giant's belt and still out bursts me.
She's a yorick with full aoe abilities.
Yorick's good for where he is now because his teamfight power is average.
While Zyra has both advantage.

@OP:I don't see the point Ahri should be considered a good matchup for her.
In order to be,at least her charm needs to go through minions.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide