Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What are some good top laners to carry with?

Creator: Keebos December 15, 2014 4:40pm
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2014 8:33am | Report
Hatted wrote:
So Gnar's a good top laner? I just can't figure out how to carry with him. D: I've only played Jayce a handful of times and I think he's a safe bet to carry, but he's kinda like a mid laner in that he does really well from the back lines.

Gnar is broken as **** :( But playing Gnar well is playing him as two different champions with the same item build.

I'd say Gnar is probably the strongest, most consistent top-laner out there atm.

I'd also say a good Ryze player can carry very easily if they know their matchups well. Probably my go-to choice if I'm blind-picking or don't know what kind of comp both teams want to run. A steady all-round pick.

Rumble is a difficult pick to play well and is somewhat reliant on using his ult well, but can wreck face when used properly.
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2014 9:15am | Report
sirell wrote:

Gnar is broken as **** :( But playing Gnar well is playing him as two different champions with the same item build.

I'd say Gnar is probably the strongest, most consistent top-laner out there atm.

I'd also say a good Ryze player can carry very easily if they know their matchups well. Probably my go-to choice if I'm blind-picking or don't know what kind of comp both teams want to run. A steady all-round pick.

Rumble is a difficult pick to play well and is somewhat reliant on using his ult well, but can wreck face when used properly.

Looking forward to that white Rumble skin.
Eyy
Savlonic
<Member>
Savlonic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2014 11:26am | Report
Ryze since nerfs is severely weaker in lane phase and can't 1v1 laners as easily as he previously could, granted he's still fairly safe and his late game isn't too awful.

Rumble takes a decent amount of practice to play well so diving straight into ranked with him isn't the greatest plan, proper heat management, positioning of The Equalizer, constant steady harass in lane with Flamespitter, etc.
Sig by TheNameless ^ Check out my Nasus guide ^
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2014 6:25am | Report
Rengar goes RAWRRRRR
Like my post? Be sure to toss me a +Rep!

Credits to Amanda for making this... yeah, you're not having happy dreams tonight.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2014 9:16pm | Report
For me, Garen is still a great pick for that. He has some bad matchups, of course, but he is really strong against those type of champs that are going to just faceroll your team ( Riven, Akali).

In the midgame, Garen should start facerolling the enemy team while later he falls off. Well, most games end early nowadays and you can easily finish a game if you aquire Baron Buff + Elixir of Ruin, which totally breaks down the enemy.
KatariFIRE
<Member>
KatariFIRE's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2014 1:09am | Report
Normally Renekton, Darius, and Jax is a safe pick for top lane.

Darius is really strong and easy to play, recommended using Flash and Ignite.
He is nearly un-trade-able in early stage of the game especially around LV 6-9.

Renekton is fun to play, he doesn't relies much on items to make play, very mobile, good sustain&CC.
A real lane-bully. Superb early game power and ridiculously weak late-game.

Jax is a better duelist, can carry well in late game. (You played LOL, you know him well)
mostly banned though...

Swain is my optional choice.
I fell interest to played him around 2 months ago.
At that time I just want to play weird champs that people don't play Urgot, Singed, Mordekaiser, Cho'Gath, Gangplank.

And I feel surprise that these champ are not as bad as I though, eventually strong in some situation.

Swain is ridiculously strong, good sustain and far more than strong damage and cc.
He is very underrated, he may not be very good at MID anymore but in TOP!! he is GODDD!!.
I played with common top lane like Riven, Jax, Lee Sin, Yasuo and they just cry back to their mom.
Max E first, and use E - Q - Ignite and a few auto at level 2 will likely out trade anyone.
But the point is not TRADE with them, your Q will do a dirty job and you just run like ***** when they try to kill you and eventually get killed instead.
At level 6 you will be a monster, no one will try to trade with you if your mana is up.
Flash, W - E - Q - Ult - Zonya will make great advantage for your team in team fight, no one can kill you and their health will burn away so quick than they every expected.
"There is the Hunter and the Hunted"
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2014 4:01am | Report
How did it go against champs like Kayle, Karma, Lissandra or LeBlanc? I know they are not so typical at top but might be your counter picks.
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2014 7:10am | Report
Blian wrote:
How did it go against champs like Kayle, Karma, Lissandra or LeBlanc? I know they are not so typical at top but might be your counter picks.

Kayle top is just plain rude, man.
Eyy
Savlonic
<Member>
Savlonic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2014 11:04am | Report
I only play Kayle top if I pick her, but pretty much Swain can beat just about anything as long as they don't have crystalline+5 pots. Went against a Nasus in ranked the other night who deliberately waited to be late to lane, came with 4 health pots, a mana, and crystaline. I couldn't get him out of lane no matter what I did, first back, he got kindlegem and even more pots. Luckily their akali gave up at champ select so the 500 stack at 21:57 didn't matter.
Sig by TheNameless ^ Check out my Nasus guide ^
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2014 12:42pm | Report
Curse you all! I was about to buy Lissandra and have some fun with her but now you talked me into Swain.. I dunno. I've already refunded him once :D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide