Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What are your thoughts on Teemo?

Creator: I post stuff September 17, 2012 6:54am
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 12:22pm | Report
Yukimaru wrote:

Teemo counters a few Champs in Lane that are stupid enough to use all their AA-"Burst" when they are blinded. Also he can kite kinda good in the Lane and thanks to that he wins his lane, also ungankable after lvl 6.

Hes a ****ty trash champ in Teamfights and gets useless there and if they dont win early they fight 4on5.

After a statement like that, I'm borderline ****ing impressed you managed to find the on/off switch to your computer. The champs I listed, a huge majority of their damage comes from their auto attacks. moron. So as fiora, you're getting poked to death by teemo as you try to last hit. If you use your burst of speed and block, he'll blind you as soon as you get on him, and then begin to outtrade the **** out of you. By the time blind ends, he's dealt 150-400 damage to you. Ok. Imagine you're a not stupid person like yourself. So I would assume that you would NEVER engage on my teemo since I would save my blind for when you jump me? Ok. let me know how that works out. Teemo ***** on those champs I listed, and if you're too ****ing braindead to understand why, you obviously are either 800 elo or not a top player.

The fact that you think picking teemo will force your team to fight 4v5's makes you even more ******ed than I previously thought. So assuming your lane opponent has joined his team for the dragonfight around 10-15 minutes, what is teemo doing by himself top? He's denying his lane opponent hundreds and hundreds of gold by taking his tower and shoving 2-5 waves into his second tower. You clearly don't know how top works. If your lane opponent stays top, you stay top too, with rare exception (teleport, shen, malphite). Otherwise your team will lose more by letting teemo shove top than taking a moderately uncontested dragon. If your team decides to be a derp and fight 4v5, that's their problem. Tell your team not to go for a full on engage, and instead try to harass them as they attempt dragon.

Yeah, so you go ap teemo and shroom everything in preparation for baron/dragon. Then, maokai with 200 magic resist and oracles walks around and either trips your shrooms or kills them with AA's. You now have no shrooms on baron, and they force it.

"people barely focus me"
Well, either you're 0-4, or your adc is fed. If you're the only one on your team that is a threat, get ready to be focused.

People, going AP teemo kills your teamfighting, because you will presumably be running around with no hp or no resists. There aren't any items in my knowledge for ap teemo that offer him the mix of tank and damage that onhit bruiser does. Going on hit and rolling into a teamfight with wits end, wriggles, and frozen mallet (2500+hp and good resists) will force their team to either spend everything they have locking you down and bursting you before MQ or flash, or you will either be free to AA and PEEL for your carries. That's the most important thing with on-hit bruiser teemo. You are a decent source of damage, but it's more important to peel their bruisers/tanks off of your carries with your frozen mallet than ignoring their tanks and trying to dps their carries, although in some situations you can. You should be a brick ****house and somewhat part of your front line, functioning as an AA bot that slows and tosses the occasional blind on an important target.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 2:20pm | Report
People, going AP teemo kills your teamfighting, because you will presumably be running around with no hp or no resists. There aren't any items in my knowledge for ap teemo that offer him the mix of tank and damage that onhit bruiser does. Going on hit and rolling into a teamfight with wits end, wriggles, and frozen mallet (2500+hp and good resists) will force their team to either spend everything they have locking you down and bursting you before MQ or flash, or you will either be free to AA and PEEL for your carries. That's the most important thing with on-hit bruiser teemo. You are a decent source of damage, but it's more important to peel their bruisers/tanks off of your carries with your frozen mallet than ignoring their tanks and trying to dps their carries, although in some situations you can. You should be a brick ****house and somewhat part of your front line, functioning as an AA bot that slows and tosses the occasional blind on an important target.

The real problem is that people don't buy frozen Mallet on AP teemo imo.
Tri lane for life.
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 2:34pm | Report
I would consider it a problem if they did lol

The AP Teemo's I've seen build around burst with DFG and stuff and just blow people up :o Seems pretty effective to me.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 2:59pm | Report
Khazem wrote:

I would consider it a problem if they did lol

The AP Teemo's I've seen build around burst with DFG and stuff and just blow people up :o Seems pretty effective to me.

Yeah DFG is good on teemo.

Teemo with 500 ap Lich Bane is really good too imo :P
Tri lane for life.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 3:22pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

The real problem is that people don't buy frozen Mallet on AP teemo imo.

Rylai's is just as e/affective on AP Teemo (IMO). Blinding dart slows more AP/More HP, then the fact that it is applied with Teemo shrooms as well doesn't hurt.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 5:12pm | Report
I hate Teemo.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 5:23pm | Report
Sucks that Rylai's Crystal Scepter will not slow with Toxic Shot T__T

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 11:08pm | Report

Rylai's is just as e/affective on AP Teemo (IMO). Blinding dart slows more AP/More HP, then the fact that it is applied with Teemo shrooms as well doesn't hurt.

You mean, less health.

It's 200 less hp for 80 ap, no slow on AA, and only Q is the 35% slow.

Shrooms already slow, and Q has too long of a CD with my build for rylai's to be worth it imo.
Tri lane for life.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 1:16am | Report
he should just go top.

stop going AD teemo at bot lane please :).
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 2:01am | Report
@Throatslasher: did you quote the right person? o_o

@Tem: Why in the hell would you get Frozen Mallet on AP teemo

Never EVER buy items like that. That's just like saying I'm gonna buy Nashor's Tooth on Karthus cuz it has cdr and mana. The general concept behind it works. Yes more AA's = more slows. But guess what? That never ever works due to the fact that the game isn't static and changes keep occuring. In the end Frozen Mallet becomes wasted gold and a wasted item slot. Much more better to just get other AP items if you were going AP.

AP Teemo's a great lane bully but to be honest once he gets caught he's in a position far worse than AD teemo.

AP teemo is fun but tbh idk it's so ballsy. You either have to force fights in areas you have control over or focus on splitpushing and catching enemies off-guard. Once you catch someone it's instant death though.

Oracle's kinda screws him up as well.

I don't have much experience with or against AP teemo. These are just my two cents.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide