Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

what can i do to climb faster?

Creator: Kikaze1236 March 2, 2016 9:48pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2016 1:31pm | Report
good guy siguardo
Kikaze1236
<Member>
Kikaze1236's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2016 1:33pm | Report
update:
1) I am in EUNE, not NA, i'm afraid :P

2) I am officialy out of bronze. my next goal is to stabilise in silver first, then slowly improve until i can start the climb to Gold. I dont want to be delusional thinking "omg, i'm such a Plat, Elo hell is only thing keeping me here", lol.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2016 9:21pm | Report
Congrats on getting out of bronze!
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Ixtellor
<Member>
Ixtellor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2016 6:21am | Report
I just looked up your stats.
http://www.lolskill.net/summoner/EUNE/Kikaze1236/matches/page-1?filterChampion=&filterQueue=

Its hard to tell whats going on when you jungle but:

1) try to play fewer junglers. Get really good at one or two you like.
2) Xin Zhou --- I love him, but I suck with him. Read some guides on him. He is really good at blowing people up but you are probably doing what I do, going in at the wrong time and instantly die.
3) CS is the most important fundamental skill and your CS numbers are low. I suspect your doing what I used to do and focus on enemy harrasment instead of CS'ing. You have a 50 min varus game with 170 cs. That is insanely low. It is fare more reliable and easy to get a CS lead, which translates into a gold lead, which allows you to win/bully your lane.

If you aren't csing then you aren't shoving lanes, taking towers, creating map pressure, and alleviating pressure on other lanes. Forcing the jungler and top to constantly deal with you bottom will help your teammates more in addition to you getting full build quicker.
I used to care about KDA, now I care about CS and Objectives.
Kikaze1236
<Member>
Kikaze1236's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2016 10:08pm | Report
thanks a lot, Ixtellor. i will devote some games per week in cs practice, though i suspect a big thing is that after 20 mins, i barely get any farm as my team keeps wanting to fight 4v5 when i try to shove a lane. for now, though, i can at least get better at that 20 min farm in laners.

1) you are right. i have decided to just focus on Gragas, and learn Udyr and Lee Sin (wont be playing him in ranked until i improve mechanics on him, though i have won the one ranked game i irresponsibly played as him). If and only if all these are banned/taken, i will go warwick/xin.

2) idk, i dont think i die a lot with xin- my average in the link you posted is 8.5 kills/5.5 deaths/9.0 assists. i die 5-6 deaths per game in like 40 minute games, but thats because in some games i am forced to build tank and go in first as opposed to normal damage build(if nobody wants to build tank, i cant let my team without engage)

my REAL concern is the low cs numbers...

3) which brings me to this point.
first of all, because i mostly watch LCS games and not streams, i have a habit never to tax lane minions, but still my cs numbers are incredibly low. with Xin and Warwick i now have a 60% and 72% win rate respectively, and my cs are so ATROCIOUS.

either the site measures something differently/wrong in jungle cs(unlikely!), or i need to get back to the drawing board with pathing, because as i get higher ranks this WILL get punished.
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2016 4:16am | Report
Kikaze1236 wrote:
either the site measures something differently/wrong in jungle cs(unlikely!)
This actually happens. In particular lolskill if I recall correcltly and they didn't fix it.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2016 5:05am | Report
Lolskill doesn't count neutral monsters killed (jungle camps basically). It only counts lane minions killed so if you have 25cs average, it means you kill 25 lane cs per game in average.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Ixtellor
<Member>
Ixtellor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2016 6:24am | Report
Kikaze1236 wrote:

first of all, because i mostly watch LCS games and not streams, i have a habit never to tax lane minions, but still my cs numbers are incredibly low. with Xin and Warwick i now have a 60% and 72% win rate respectively, and my cs are so ATROCIOUS.

I get most of my CS as jungler taking towers or trying to alleviate map pressure on my team.

For example if I gank and get a kill, and its not risky( all other enemies accounted for or I'm not too hurt) I will aggressively shove the lane and try to take towers provided that the lane will reset or shove the other way when the enemy laner returns (i.e. Don't let enemies farm under tower of freeze lane).

So I try not to tax lanes unless they are dead or recall (which is quite frequent).
Last example: If the 2 mids fight and they both end up leaving because dead/hurt badly, I run in get all the cs and shove the lane into tower so a) I make gold/exp b) enemy mid loses cs c) forces enemy jungler to react or risk giving up a mid tower
I used to care about KDA, now I care about CS and Objectives.
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2016 7:37pm | Report
TBH taxing is really risky and can literally lose the lane for an ally if it's an even matchup and it doesn't reset properly. Taxing when you didn't even give an advantage in the first place (i.e. failed gank) is even worse.

You could be more aware of lanes pushing when your laner is back in base, so you get the free exp+gold, but other than that and shoving lanes to get a turret you shouldn't actively try to farm the lanes.

The real problem with your CS comes from laners, so focus on that. Low CS from junglers isn't as bad.

Last of all, getting farm after laning phase is very important. If your team is always engaging when you're farming that's because you're either farming for too long or just aren't doing it in the appropriate moments.
TakeshyKurosawa
<Member>
TakeshyKurosawa's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2016 3:42am | Report
Well if someone wants to climb the ladder he needs to know how to play really well at least 3 champs of each position.. Also you need to play a lot of normal games until you feel good with your skill level.
Experience is a very big factor in the game. Also the more you train in normals the less nervous you feel when playing ranked. When you are full concentrated and relaxed you play the best!

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide