Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

What got you hooked on League?

Creator: Kadius December 10, 2014 5:15am
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2014 7:42am | Report
You're welcome :D

I would say the desire to improve is what got me hooked in the first place and keeps me going now. Plus I like playing with others while laughing at each other on voice chat.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2014 7:45am | Report
This is gonna sound depressing, but I started playing because I hoped my boyfriend at the time would pay more attention to me if I did.

....................and then I never stopped playing....gg
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2014 8:29am | Report
I was just looking for something to spend a few empty hours on. I'm not a big fan of MMOs and most shooters so at some point I came across League. I really liked the idea that there were levels and items (classic JRPG fan) but that at the start of the game everyone was equal. By the time I realized the whole rune system was there to destroy the ideal (I had came to terms with unlockable champions) I was already in love with the rest of the game. It challenged me on all fronts I liked (knowledge, insight, mind games, quick reactions and mechanics) and there was (and still is) always room for improvement. And it keeps on changing, for the good or bad.

And then I came here through the guides. Somewhere along the road something must have gone wrong and I ended up in Off-Topic x)

No regrets though. No regrets.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2014 8:58am | Report
This is gonna sound depressing, but I started playing because I hoped my boyfriend at the time would pay more attention to me if I did.

....................and then I never stopped playing....gg

Hell of a connection in bot lane, I'd imagine. I fought a bot lane that was married and good lord it was rough. He was a better Naut support than I can ever hope to become.
Eyy
Zylmoc
<Member>
Zylmoc's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2014 9:02am | Report
Once I had fought a couple, mid and jungle, they played pantheon and zed. I died so many times. I think it was something like 4 kills and 12 deaths. They would hunt me down to the point they would put wards out in the lane; waiting for me... (cringe)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2014 9:03am | Report
Hatted wrote:
Hell of a connection in bot lane, I'd imagine. I fought a bot lane that was married and good lord it was rough. He was a better Naut support than I can ever hope to become.
yeaaaaa-no, that guy and I didn't really lane together....I mean, maybe now that might the case, you'd have to ask someone who played against GMD and I one of the few times we've played bot lane together in the inhouses.
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2014 9:03am | Report
Zylmoc wrote:
Once I had fought a couple, mid and jungle, they played pantheon and zed. I died so many times. I think it was something like 4 kills and 12 deaths. They would hunt me down to the point they would put wards out in the lane; waiting for me... (cringe)

Even when I play with friends, guys who I do almost nothing but play LoL with, I find it hard to camp their lanes.
Eyy
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2014 8:17pm | Report
yeaaaaa-no, that guy and I didn't really lane together....I mean, maybe now that might the case, you'd have to ask someone who played against GMD and I one of the few times we've played bot lane together in the inhouses.

NAMELESS, YOU'RE ALMOST AT YOUR 10000th POST! :O GRATZZZZZZ
Like my post? Be sure to toss me a +Rep!

Credits to Amanda for making this... yeah, you're not having happy dreams tonight.
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2014 4:32am | Report
Is that the only reason you play it or are there others as well?

I started playing it when open beta started with two friends on a "LAN". But didn't get hooked from start, played it for a week or two and pretty much stopped playing it for 6 months.

Stopped with WoW and my best friend was still kinda playing this game from time to time and I joined him and noticed that we were a lot better than most of the players we were playing against. Eventually our LoL community grew and we were like 10 people playing together pretty much every day. Made a lot of friends from league which I visit IRL a few times every year.

Almost 5 years since I first tried it now.

But still, boobs aka pre-rework Katarina which was the first champion I got hooked on :D
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2014 4:52am | Report
My friend showed it to me and we played a few games. This was when Graves was f2p for the first time after his release and I noticed that I was pretty ****ing good with him. I mean, I wasn't, but compared to many of the other players I was a monster with him. I have my highest kill score with him back when I was like level 7-10 and IIRC I got around 35 kills and below 10 deaths. That was pretty dope.

The reason I still play is a combination of me enjoying League and the fact that I have put way to much money into it to just quit.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide