Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What makes a person an AP Master/Countering...

Creator: Blood26 August 11, 2012 2:26am
1 2
Apfeljack
<Altruistic Artist>
Apfeljack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2012 11:09am | Report
There's already a lot of good advice here and I agree that you should totally buy sight wards.

When I was still playing on a less experienced level I had always warded the brushes left and right to the lane because unexperienced junglers like to gank from there.
These days it's much safer to ward the entrances to your own jungle because it's usually much harder to escape ganks from behind. (So, that you can see the entrance and the river at the same time).

I also like to play mid chars who can push well and have a good roaming/ganking ability.
That's because when I feel it's hard for me to kill or outfarm my opponent I just push the lane and go farm champions in other lanes.
The mid laner has the best possibilities for that so abuse it.

Of course that sounds easy in theory because your opposing mid laner will try his best to prevent you from doing so. I'm currently playing on a pretty low level/low ELO so it's still easy for me to outsmart them in this. :D
Can't say how hard that is in higher ranks, though.

And, yeah, map awareness helps a lot. Always have an eye on the minimap and take note of where and when you saw the enemy jungler last. Think about the chances of their jungler to come mid next. When they are far behind in levels or when their buffs should be up and they haven't killed them yet it's less likely.

Wow, all I did was pretty much repeat what others said. :D /AJ useless mode
Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2012 12:57am | Report
xIchi wrote:

Dont ward the brushes at mid lane, ward the halfmoon brushes leading to the jungle, so that you can see into the river.

Constantly look at your map, as you already said you are too busy fighting. So change that and look at the map, it is a part of mapawareness.

Predict enemy junglers movement (you can learn that buy jungling for yourself a bit).
When you see that the enemy jungler ganked bottom and still has good heatlh left, he will probably clear some camps and come mid if you are pushing, so try to prevent that.

Otherwise you could just push mid and go roam yourself, that totally kills the enemy jungler. Even better if you countergank him. But be careful, he could countergank you instead.

I have a question to ask, by halfmoon, which passage are you referring to ?
I'm gonna assume that the halfmoon passage is the bush after the mid lane bushes.
Anyways, used Ahri, scored a 16/1, I'm guessing its just my luck that it so happens to be an entirely free hero weekend to honor one of our country athletes, so the matches were fairly easy. My match records have been dropping, its only +22 thus far.

Will post screenshots up later on.
THANK YOU LACORPSE FOR THE SIGGY. YOU HAVE SUCH A GOOD FAN SERVICE :D !!

I have a request to all of the users on Mobafire. If it's not too much for you guys, do +Rep me if I've said something reasonable, crack a funny joke or provide the latest updates . Likewise, I've been +Rep-ing people so long as I find their post likeable. So let's help out each other now, shall we ;) ?
Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2012 1:25am | Report

THANK YOU LACORPSE FOR THE SIGGY. YOU HAVE SUCH A GOOD FAN SERVICE :D !!

I have a request to all of the users on Mobafire. If it's not too much for you guys, do +Rep me if I've said something reasonable, crack a funny joke or provide the latest updates . Likewise, I've been +Rep-ing people so long as I find their post likeable. So let's help out each other now, shall we ;) ?
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2012 1:38am | Report
Choose Heimerdinger, now no jungler can gank you anymore without dying. And you only have to place 2 turrets at the enemy buffs and you steal them that way. You could even stop the enemy by just placing 1 turret at his wraiths earlygame.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide