Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

What's 1200+ elo like?

Creator: carolion December 17, 2011 4:24am
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2011 10:08am | Report
Basically what Luther said.
Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2011 10:09am | Report
Make it a timer then... If they're gone 30 minutes it won't be an elo loss. XO

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2011 10:17am | Report
Still wouldn't fix the problem.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2011 11:49am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

People would abuse this hard by making their friends leave to stop them losing Elo.

Even if there were measures to deter that, people would flame about it. EG 'OMG ASHE YOU'RE SOOOOOOO BAD CANCER PLAYER, JUST LEAVE THE GAME SO WE DON'T LOSE ELO FFS'.

Not talking during the game.

I'm talking right as it starts here folks.

The random DC's that occur for people while loading or just simply say hey I don't want to play now, that is what I'm talking about.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Samoh
<Member>
Samoh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2011 11:53am | Report
If there was a solid fix for that, they would do it. I still don't see that as a fix, "Hey we have a team comp, someone leave!" "WELL GEE WIZZ OK"
Thanks to Koksei, The_Nameless_Bard,JhoiJhoi, LaCorpse, JEFFY40HANDS and myself for the signatures! I am also a certified gangster.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2011 12:00pm | Report
If you're not between 1200-1300, then you're not in ELO hell. The place called ELO hell is between 1200-1300, and it's actually the hardest place to climb you,re ELO, since ALL the new players (the real newbs) are. They are less experienced and so they're far from being better than someone with 600 ELO who has some ranked game experience. ELO means nothing before 1400 IMO, since before that, it's really just a matter of luck, weither you,re with of agaisnt the smart group. I'm still waiting to see someone else than me to actually know what a ward is.

Quoted:
below 1000 it is like playing against bots
I've been under 1000 (now sitting at 1180) and trust, most good players in ''ELO hell'', have under 1000 ELO. Sad but true.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2011 12:02pm | Report
Quoted:

Not talking during the game.

I'm talking right as it starts here folks.

The random DC's that occur for people while loading or just simply say hey I don't want to play now, that is what I'm talking about.

Even then, people could abuse that to essentially queue dodge for free if they didn't like their team.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2011 12:04pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Even then, people could abuse that to essentially queue dodge for free if they didn't like their team.

For free? Did Riot really remove the -20 ELO for every dodge you make?

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2011 12:09pm | Report
The whole point of his post was about removing Elo penalties when your team has a player not connect. :P

I guess you'd still have to wait until you could surrender though.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2011 12:12pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

The whole point of his post was about removing Elo penalties when your team has a player not connect. :P

Sorry I should've searched and read it ^^'
Luther3000 wrote:

I guess you'd still have to wait until you could surrender though.

IMO, when someone leave, his team should have a 50% ELO loss reduction and 50% more if they (somehow) manage to win. The leaver would get 50% more ELO loss, making it fairer. Caus it's kinda lame to lose 24 ELO caus of a leaver.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide