Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What's with all the Item hate?

Creator: Kazega September 9, 2012 6:17pm
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 2:00am | Report
lifebaka wrote:

No no no a million times no. I've already gone over this. Nashor's has a great gold-to-stat efficiency. It's incredible. Few other items even come close to matching it, and most of them are snowball items with lots of stacks. The reason that Nashor's isn't used is because no viable way of playing a champion uses both AP and AS. It's a great item with no place in the game. This is not the same as it being a bad item.

Nashor's requires absolutely nothing in the way of buffs. If it starts to get buffed again, it'll become a good pick for its AP and CDR alone, which would be problematic on champs like Oriana who could use it to absolutely stomp their laning phase and not have to sell it later for teamfights.

Want CDR? Blue pot + blue buff + DFG on APs. Other items (Frozen heart, etc) + blue pot on bruisers.
Want AP? Get AP with other items. 65 AP - 2700 is minuscule
Want AS? Get other items with other benefits.

If you're adding up all the stats themselves with a "price tag" then I wouldn't know.

Stats suck on items when you're choosing cheap stats.
CDR is cheap.
Until they make a champion that matches the archetype for Nashor's they will need to change it.
Even if they buff the item people wont buy it on casters.

NO casters ever aim to get a "big item" for CDR. That's beyond stupid. It's the exact same reason as to why people don't rush Morello's or even buy it anymore. CDR is a cheap stat that isn't valued early ~ mid as much as flat on damage or resistances are worth. More so blue buff + blue pot is already near max CDR for APs.

That's why Riot stopped making items focused mainly on CDR.

Speaking of Morello's that item's like extinct.
Blowfeld
<Editor>
Blowfeld's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 5:28am | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

[*] Soul Shroud -> No comment, sorry.

Soul Shroud is such an underrated item. I mostly use it on support builds when my team highly profits from extra CDR , the mana regen for your lane buddy is also a nice benefit-> spam all the skills.

Also, the extra health keeps you alive.

I prefer to use this item on champions that bring some natural tankiness with them, like Leona and it is quite situational. But if you ignore this item then you are denying yourself some great possibilities of strategy.

EDIT:

There, i have used my 1000 post in these forums to defend Soul Shroud's honor- that must mean that I am right ;)
Fox Rage wrote:
Blowfeld. Best Party Wrecker Worldwide.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 7:06am | Report
Why all the rage Phoenix? Got one time too often powned by trolls using Nashor's or what?

Nashor's is not a "bad item", the gold price is okay and all, not to mention that you put a huge load of stats with top-notch quantity on one item-slot.

It's simply that there aren't any champs who can REALLY use all of them.
AP Kog'Maw and Kayle, that's it. And Kog'Maw is already a so-so.

So what's left? Only autohitting AP Kayle, but she falls of late in terms of dmg and is squishy like Doc.Oc, only wasting the bubble on herself most of the time otherwise rushing an early CC death.

But if they're going to release some champs that can really utilize Nashor's somewhere in the future, redoing it's buff and adding a nerf to it is right behind the corner.

To add: The old Jax, OP or not doesn't matter, really wrecked havoc getting Nashor's as his ~4. item, jst saying. (Not that he didn't with his 3. too, but I meaning it in a more unstoppable way)
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 7:42am | Report
I'm simply pointing out how bad an item is lol.

I've already explained the reasons why Nashor's is a bad item. If you're gonna attempt to post something smart actually post your reasoning lol.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 8:50am | Report
Lifebaka did already for example and I did so too in a more indirect way:

For it's price Nashor's packs more than enough stats, it's just that there are no champs to use ALL of them, at least not anymore.
It's simply that there is no champ around who can utilizes Nashor's greatness.

Instead of hating the item, hate that there aren't champs around who can use it.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 8:52am | Report
-______________-
I said it in my argument CDR is a cheap stat and Nashor's only "big stat" is CDR.
No champion ever aims to buy a big item meant for CDR.
Ma last words.
I'm outta this thread.

2 busy with ranked
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 9:06am | Report
Go for it, best thing you can do.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 9:32am | Report
Quoted:

I'm simply pointing out how bad an item is lol.

I've already explained the reasons why Nashor's is a bad item. If you're gonna attempt to post something smart actually post your reasoning lol.

I like to believe there is no such thing as a bad item. The Gold costs and benefits usually make things fair. In Nashor's case, the main issue though is applicability. Nashor's isn't "bad" because it's stats are bad. it is "bad" because it is a niche pick, which isn't the same thing. It is underused and under appreciated because of the niche it. I can count these champions on one hand, with a second hand is for "weird, but might work" type builds. Again, this doesn't make an item bad, it just makes it difficult to use outside of what it is intended for.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 9:40am | Report
Kazega wrote:

I like to believe there is no such thing as a bad item. The Gold costs and benefits usually make things fair. In Nashor's case, the main issue though is applicability. Nashor's isn't "bad" because it's stats are bad. it is "bad" because it is a niche pick, which isn't the same thing. It is underused and under appreciated because of the niche it. I can count these champions on one hand, with a second hand is for "weird, but might work" type builds. Again, this doesn't make an item bad, it just makes it difficult to use outside of what it is intended for.

Have you heard of Leviathan?
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 10:17am | Report
Leviathan is an item based on potential, making the item high-risk = high reward. In fact with only 10 stacks you are matched up with most other HP items in that regard, being equal to Rylai's Crystal Scepter and slightly surpassed by Rod of Ages with 3 minutes. the only other items that greatly surpass a 10 stack Leviathan is Frozen Mallet and Warmog's Armor the later of which is the ONLY item that will surpass a fully stacked Leviathan.

So leviathan is not a bad item. It needs a lot of work to be used properly, otherwise it turns into a bad investment where other items are safer because they don't do that.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide