Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Whats with all the ****py reworks as of late....

Creator: Cooper112 April 8, 2014 5:14pm
1 2 3
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2014 5:14pm | Report
Seems like every rework as ended up making things worse and not actually improving a champion they have been rather lack luster. The only good recent rework was ****er. Skarner from what i read is worse now he has no way to stay on targets now and remove alot of what made him fun with slowing people. Rengar i have not tried but alot of mains seem to really hate the kite rework no idea if its bad or they dont like the new playstyle.

Not only riot making them not stronger champs they are mking or changing what people loved about originals.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2014 5:19pm | Report
By nerfing popular champions, riot is widening the pool of champions that can be used.
I remember watching an interview with doublelift, and he had said that the best way to win games is to play the OPs, and get good with them.

Riot wants to make it so that league players aren't forced into playing the few OP champions in order to have an edge over other champions.

If you think about it, riot could increase the pool of viable champions by buffing every currently unviable champion, or by nerfing the OP champs. It seems like they are doing the latter
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2014 5:24pm | Report
Maybe tone it down a bit with the countless, pointless, hard to read threads?

And as for bad reworks, the only truly terrible one so far was Skarner.
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2014 5:28pm | Report
utopus wrote:

By nerfing popular champions, riot is widening the pool of champions that can be used.
I remember watching an interview with doublelift, and he had said that the best way to win games is to play the OPs, and get good with them.

Riot wants to make it so that league players aren't forced into playing the few OP champions in order to have an edge over other champions.

If you think about it, riot could increase the pool of viable champions by buffing every currently unviable champion, or by nerfing the OP champs. It seems like they are doing the latter

According too riot they are not doing that anymore at least i read for 4.6 instead there buffing more of weaker champs instead nerfing good top laners.
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2014 5:30pm | Report

Maybe tone it down a bit with the countless, pointless, hard to read threads?

And as for bad reworks, the only truly terrible one so far was Skarner.

If you dont like my threads dont participate in them.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2014 6:24pm | Report
I'm just point out that you've made a lot lately. And every single one of them has been something you could have used the Q&A feature for.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2014 6:28pm | Report
Yea i agree, but to be fair, The Q&A section receives much fewer views than the general discussion forums.

Q&A is one of the most underappreciated parts of MOBAfire
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2014 6:28pm | Report
Cooper112 wrote:

Seems like every rework as ended up making things worse and not actually improving a champion they have been rather lack luster. The only good recent rework was ****er. Skarner from what i read is worse now he has no way to stay on targets now and remove alot of what made him fun with slowing people. Rengar i have not tried but alot of mains seem to really hate the kite rework no idea if its bad or they dont like the new playstyle.

Not only riot making them not stronger champs they are mking or changing what people loved about originals.

The Xerath rework was absolutely terrible, he went from "abusable in the right compositions" to "unviable". The ****er rework was indeed pretty solid, his passive could've been changed but I suppose it's alright (I just hate 'free stat innates'). I actually like the Gragas rework a lot, he seems a lot more engaged and it definitely fits his theme a lot more. The Kassadin felt more like a "Well you happy? We made him ****. Now stop whining." rather than a "We want Kassadin's kit to stay intact without him being either toxic or useless.".
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2014 7:20pm | Report
im still sad about karmas rework only because its not the same champion at all, but thats a pretty old rework and it did make her more viable

out of all the recent reworks i think only 2/7 (xer, skar, kass, grag, ****er, sej, trundle) have actually been "terrible" whereas two were more of a needed nerf
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2014 7:23pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

im still sad about karmas rework only because its not the same champion at all, but thats a pretty old rework and it did make her more viable

out of all the recent reworks i think only 2/7 (xer, skar, kass, grag, ****er, sej, trundle) have actually been "terrible" whereas two were more of a needed nerf

Trundle and Seju weren't really reworks though but I get your point. Also, you forgot Olaf. You know, the champion they reworked by just randomly putting it in the patch notes.

On Karma I agree, I still miss her old passive.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide