Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which champion should I buy? Should I get XXX...

Creator: DEWO April 8, 2011 5:18am
DarkAkumaLord
<Member>
DarkAkumaLord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2013 2:50pm | Report

So, looking for some new junglers. I play a lot of Zac and Jarvan IV so I've been looking at Elise, and Nocturne. I'm looking for a gank-heavy jungler, that can also counterjungle. I like the aspect of versatility that Elise has, but the utility of Nocturne is just so good. I've already got Lee Sin but I just don't seem to have the mechanics.

1- Who has better ganks?
2- Who is the better counterjungler?
3- Who has higher iniciation / teamfight potential?

1. Zac pre-6 and Jarvan IV 6
2. Lee Sin, he has easier ways to get away and fast clear times.
3. Zac is easier to use (noob friendly if you will) Because for Jarvan IV You have to make sure you're not accidently traspping your dying adc in the ult as well. But his e q makes it easier, but still not as easy as Zac's ult.
+1 Rep me if you think I help you or others or don't Pick A Card.

... Man I used to say that stuff. It's been years.
Tornado Turtle
<Member>
Tornado Turtle's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 11:51am | Report
Guys, guys, I'm asking about the junglers that I DON'T own, lol. I meant - out of Elise and Nocturne
Because out there somewhere, someone on the internet is wrong.
COLOPOLO12
<Member>
COLOPOLO12's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 1:21pm | Report
i was looking to buy a new jungler and i cant choose between lee sin and jarvan, whos better ?
Tornado Turtle
<Member>
Tornado Turtle's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 6:00am | Report
Honestly, buy Jarvan IV, he's A LOT easier to pick up than Lee Sin, while Lee Sin takes a lot of time and practice. Jarvan IV excels at ganking and being the tank, and Lee Sin is pretty good at counterjungling, and has solid ganking power - but he is very hard to play great.

TL;DR: Jarvan IV: Tanky, ganker. Lee Sin: Great early game, high skill cap.
Because out there somewhere, someone on the internet is wrong.
COLOPOLO12
<Member>
COLOPOLO12's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 11:57am | Report

Honestly, buy Jarvan IV, he's A LOT easier to pick up than Lee Sin, while Lee Sin takes a lot of time and practice. Jarvan IV excels at ganking and being the tank, and Lee Sin is pretty good at counterjungling, and has solid ganking power - but he is very hard to play great.

TL;DR: Jarvan IV: Tanky, ganker. Lee Sin: Great early game, high skill cap.

i chose Lee Sin because, he counterjungles pretty flawlessly and his gank pre level 6 are amazing, yeah he takes some time to practice with his q but once you get the hang of it, it seems natural, thanks for your input though :)
JellyKidXD
<Member>
JellyKidXD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2013 1:40pm | Report
Ok so i'm pretty good in jungle and have even learned alot of the ones that need skill like j4 ,Skarner ,lee sin , fiddel sticks and so on , But I was looking for a new jungler champ I had my eye on sejuani or even kha'zix and maokai just wanna know what are some junglers that you guys prefer to see with you in a match and even help me pick between them .
Veritasaga
<Member>
Veritasaga's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2013 9:40am | Report
I don't main any jungler, but I do have most of them. till now, the only champ I feel comfortable and really enjoy playing is Shaco. Yes, I know, people will rage at you saying he is a **** champion and will not do much late game, but I did manage to win a decent amount of games by playing shaco jungle.
In my oppinion he is one of the best gankers and that's what i'm looking for at a jungler. When I gank with shaco the chances to get a kill is above 90%.
People are complaining about the late game shaco but few know how to play him, and even less people know what's the role of shaco as a champ. HE IS AN ASSASSIN. Just like zed, kha zix. They dive in after the fight has started, kills the adc fast and goes on by doing his best. HE IS NOT A TANK, yet you can still build him tanky in order to not die in 2 seconds.
if you wanna try shaco, pm me for the build i'm using
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2013 9:44am | Report
if it's between Nocturne and Elise... get Elise, ffs.

As requested to GMD himself.
Zylon
<Member>
Zylon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 11:15am | Report
Hey guys, i was thinking of buying a new champion but im not sure who exactly. I need some info on the champs that i have in mind so i would appreciate all the info you can give me :D

I was thinking of Volibear for jungling. I already own Vi and she is very fun to play but she doesn't fit in all team compositions. I had Volibear in mind because of his CC and tankiness. However, im not sure how well does he scale into the game or how quick is his jungle clear, ganks, etc.

My second choice for jungle is Xin Zhao. He seems simple to use and has strong early ganks but the problem i find in him is that he cant disengage, at least before level 6. Besides, i read that he needs the proper item build to be effective otherwise he'll be a waste so is it true? His ulti seems a bit tricky too so it might take some time to master it well.

I also wanted to buy a champ for top lane and was considering Riven and Kennen. I know that riven is powerful and snowballs good into the game but i don't know if shes very useful in teamfights. I considered Kennen because of his ranged harass and his Aoe stun. I find that he contributes well to the teamfights but i don't know how well is he in top lane.

Thanks in advance for the replies :D
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2013 9:13am | Report
Kennen is top lane goodness. Hate playing against tiny ninjas. Riven is kind of hit or miss, doesn't recover that well unlike that midget ninja that can still stun everybody.

Xin Zhao > Volibear. Better early ganks. Huggybear got nerfed a bit, but he is fun to play still. Good CC, good tankyness, good sustain, decent damage. And honestly, playing Xin Zhao is mash buttons. Very easy to learn and be effective. Learn the theory, learn the champ kind of thing. That being said, I like Volibear better. Just more fun being a running roaring big *** bear that flings, scares and hits people with thunderpaws in the face.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide