Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Who do i ban? who do i pick? Champ select tips...

Creator: Brentaxe December 20, 2011 8:36pm
1 2 3
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 2:04pm | Report

on the topic of bans, why do so many people ban shaco...? He's pretty terrible o.o

Unfortunately, he's not terrible anymore :///
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 2:08pm | Report
DokBam wrote:

Sona wouldn't be a counter for Urgot, since Urgot is usually solo laner and Sona is duo. Which means they wont even encounter each other during early laning phase unless Sona abandons bot lane and roams (this shudnt happen). Soraka's long range silence can srsly shut Urgot's harassment down.

Well...why are we talking about Soraka as a counter then? Also Urgot bot is much more popular atm then Urgot solo (and it works).

It's also not like Sona has a long range stun, damage reduc or passive armor + mr buff, nope, clearly Soraka is just better cause she's a pony.

Brentaxe
<Member>
Brentaxe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 5:01pm | Report

on the topic of bans, why do so many people ban shaco...? He's pretty terrible o.o

He is the sort of champion that keeps super pressure on every single lane. For example if you have a shaco jungle on your team, the enemy will most likely be playing more passively cuz they are scared ****less of shaco. And if he pulls of 2-3 successful ganks he snowballs quite well, like Le Blanc.
this place is a dump
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 11:15pm | Report

Because he's an extremely high burden of knowledge champion to play against, he has the best lane pressure in the game, and he does a billion damage early game.

His ganks usually result in a very dead dude on the other end.

Shaco is a very high skill cap champion as well, so if you get a bad one on your team, you probably lose.

That's my reasoning for banning him.
Tri lane for life.
C4k3CooKieZ
<Member>
C4k3CooKieZ's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2011 2:58am | Report
I will just put it out right now
Fizz is a great counter to Kassadin - if you can manage to E when he Q atleast ^_^, then just jump him with Q and W and some autoattacks :). After 6 won't change that much because Fizz's ult is aweomse. Just use it after he use his rift walk

C4k3CooKieZ
<Member>
C4k3CooKieZ's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2011 3:00am | Report

yeah, but he's still a terrible champion -.-

usually shaco ganks result in a free double kill, and free buffs...

Then you haven't seen a good shaco yet :)

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2011 10:14am | Report
If it means anything I used to think Shaco was the worst champ in the game.

He got some minor quality of life buffs, and the jungle got reworked.

And Shaco was born, again.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2011 8:15pm | Report
I agree that he is A LOT better now, but I still think he's pretty bad

I mean, it's not like he's the worst champ ever, but imo he definately shouldn't be a top ban.

And yes, I've seen good shacos, I've seen shacos go 20-0, however, I've yet to see a shaco carry, I've yet to see a shaco play a pivotal role in victory, and I've yet to be worried upon seeing a shaco.

Champions like Kassadin, Morgana, Sion, Sona, Vayne, Karthus, Gangplank, Akali, etc are all just such better choices. It doesn't make sense to me to ban an average champion, unless it's to make sure people on your own team don't use him, and fail with him, as like what was said, he is a high skill champion :P
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide