Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Who is LoL's MBC?

Creator: Fox Rage July 23, 2012 12:43pm
1 2 3 4 5
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2012 11:31pm | Report
IMO playing aggressively as Morgana is kinda fun, especially when you're fed and you can Flash > Snare > Pool > ult instagib someone.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 3:56am | Report
morgana... everything about her makes me unable to tower dive the *****. I like towerdiving...

Also soraka...
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 5:28am | Report
Having played only AP champions, a few bruisers and ADs in LoL so far.

I personally think Lux is pretty boring.
Her combo sequence can't really go far, because you want your Finales Funkeln to proc her passive almost every time for the extra bit of damage.

LeBlanc and Veigar's combo sequence is pretty much the same routine every time you play them too.
THANK YOU LACORPSE FOR THE SIGGY. YOU HAVE SUCH A GOOD FAN SERVICE :D !!

I have a request to all of the users on Mobafire. If it's not too much for you guys, do +Rep me if I've said something reasonable, crack a funny joke or provide the latest updates . Likewise, I've been +Rep-ing people so long as I find their post likeable. So let's help out each other now, shall we ;) ?
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 9:25am | Report
lifebaka wrote:

If you can't enjoy watching someone be good at something, you are probably doing something wrong.

It's kinda funny because I won AT LEAST my last ten matches with Morgana (over a 2-3 months period or so) and every time I had a ******ed score like 9-1-13 or something of that flavour.

How am I playing a champion wrong if I'm winning? wtf?
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!
DashZ2
<Member>
DashZ2's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 9:33am | Report
right click champions are fun, tryndameres ult is so troll and when u escape its funny cause all u see in the /all chat is, FK U TRYNDAMERE NOOB PLAY A REAL CHAMP
lol
and veigar is fun bursting down ap carries, cause if they get fed, u press R and they dead, if u get fed, press R and there dead xD
the most boring champion out there is like heimer or supports that have boring ad carries, as a matter of fact, ashe is pretty boring when u just sit there and auto attack and then volley and then repeat
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2012 2:37pm | Report
albableat wrote:

It's kinda funny because I won AT LEAST my last ten matches with Morgana (over a 2-3 months period or so) and every time I had a ******ed score like 9-1-13 or something of that flavour.

How am I playing a champion wrong if I'm winning? wtf?

I'm not even sure how this is a reply to my post. But anyway.

"Playing a champion wrong" and "losing" are not the same thing. Nor are "playing a champion right" and "winning". Hell, I'm not even talking about winning or losing the game, I'm talking about whether or not the way you're playing the champion is fun.

If you find a champion boring to play, you are probably playing them in a boring way. The solution to this is to change your play style. One easy way to change your play style is to pick a different champ, but you can always, of course, change your style without changing your champ.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Jonchun
<Member>
Jonchun's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2012 8:15am | Report
lifebaka wrote:

I'm not even sure how this is a reply to my post. But anyway.

"Playing a champion wrong" and "losing" are not the same thing. Nor are "playing a champion right" and "winning". Hell, I'm not even talking about winning or losing the game, I'm talking about whether or not the way you're playing the champion is fun.

If you find a champion boring to play, you are probably playing them in a boring way. The solution to this is to change your play style. One easy way to change your play style is to pick a different champ, but you can always, of course, change your style without changing your champ.

This was literally the most ******ed thing I've ever read. The point of this thread was to point out boring champions. Boring champions are boring because in order to play them effectively, they follow the same routine. The guy who's replying to you has it right. He has won the last couple games as Morgana with ridiculous scores, but found her boring. The point is, certain champions (i.e. Morgana, Veigar, Soraka) are "boring" because there is really nothing you do with them. Every game you play is exactly the same as there's only 1-2 different options for you to play with. Of course, you can go ahead and build them with strange builds and lolol for a bit, but that's counter-productive, and just because you can build AD soraka doesn't make her a fun champion. If you're playing a champion multiple times, winning, and still not having fun, the champion is probably boring/repetitive.

Here is a more clear example of champions that are repetitive, and champions that are not. Compare Morgana to Anivia. Morgana literally has 2 combos she can use. R -> Q -> W -> Ignite and Q -> R -> W -> Ignite. Anivia on the other hand, has a difficult to land stun that can completely screw over enemies when played correctly. Her wall also abuses LoL's terrible pathing to her advantage. An ultimate that doesn't really do much burst damage can be correctly placed to do massive dps. She can also mini-nuke multiple targets over a short period of time with her chill+spear combo. Another comparison would be Nasus/Sion vs Leesin. Nasus/Sion (this is assuming they all solo top or jungle) both just farm their respective stats (sion's hp and nasus's Q) until 20 minutes where they buy their GA and go in and start autoattacking. Leesin on the other hand, is much more gank/skill reliant in order to be effective. His only gap closer is a skillshot making him a much more challenging, and usually more fun champion to play. It really comes down to mechanics. Some champions are going to be more fun than others, and some champions are going to be outright boring. Don't go around telling people that no champion is boring, because some champions really do have boring mechanics. Sure, you can sitll have fun during the game because of nice teamfights, good plays, etc, but that doesn't make the champion itself fun.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2012 9:09am | Report
Jonchun wrote:

This was literally the most ******ed thing I've ever read. The point of this thread was to point out boring champions. Boring champions are boring because in order to play them effectively, they follow the same routine. The guy who's replying to you has it right. He has won the last couple games as Morgana with ridiculous scores, but found her boring. The point is, certain champions (i.e. Morgana, Veigar, Soraka) are "boring" because there is really nothing you do with them. Every game you play is exactly the same as there's only 1-2 different options for you to play with.

This is simply not true. At all. Build paths may be fairly standardized, and there may be only a few ways to combo, but to say that these things make a champion boring is to ignore the rest of the game. There is a lot of decision making involved in laning, roaming, and teamfighting that is ignored by looking at champions only by their kit. Champions are interesting to play because they allow for interesting decisions, and every champion allows for interesting decisions. As I mentioned above, Morgana, for example, can be incredibly fun because she can easily push her lane, freeing her up to go do anything not in her lane.

Jonchun wrote:

Of course, you can go ahead and build them with strange builds and lolol for a bit, but that's counter-productive, and just because you can build AD soraka doesn't make her a fun champion. If you're playing a champion multiple times, winning, and still not having fun, the champion is probably boring/repetitive.

Again, this is not necessarily true. If you are winning when playing a champion, you are playing them in an "effective" way. However, "effective" and "interesting" are not the same thing. There are other ways to play pretty much any champion, irrespective of their builds and roles, and some of those ways of playing are both "effective" and "interesting" for every champion. Soraka, for example, does not need to do something stupid like build AD in order to be played differently (in fact, bringing up AD Soraka is really just a red herring). Without changing her build or skill order and keeping her as a support, she can still be played in several different ways. Support Soraka can be played passively for a sustain/farm lane, or aggressively to zone and poke her lane opponents.

Jonchun wrote:

Here is a more clear example of champions that are repetitive, and champions that are not. Compare Morgana to Anivia. Morgana literally has 2 combos she can use. R -> Q -> W -> Ignite and Q -> R -> W -> Ignite. Anivia on the other hand, has a difficult to land stun that can completely screw over enemies when played correctly. Her wall also abuses LoL's terrible pathing to her advantage. An ultimate that doesn't really do much burst damage can be correctly placed to do massive dps. She can also mini-nuke multiple targets over a short period of time with her chill+spear combo.

Now, while I don't disagree about Morgana's lack of viable combos, I still extremely disagree. The reason, simply, is because the presence or lack of skill combos is not what makes a champion interesting to play. A champion's skills are interesting because of what can be done with them, not necessarily how they are put together for the most damage. And what can be done with skills may not be immediately obvious, such as my comment about Morgana above.

Jonchun wrote:

It really comes down to mechanics. Some champions are going to be more fun than others, and some champions are going to be outright boring. Don't go around telling people that no champion is boring, because some champions really do have boring mechanics. Sure, you can sitll have fun during the game because of nice teamfights, good plays, etc, but that doesn't make the champion itself fun.

See, the problem is that you're telling me that I shouldn't be saying exactly what I'm saying. You can have fun with any champion, through good plays and interesting play style. If champions were inherently boring, this would not be possible. It would not be possible for anyone to enjoy "boring champions", because the champions themselves are boring, rather than what players do with them. But, clearly, some people enjoy these champions. Therefore, it is not possible for champions to be boring. That some people do not find these champions interesting is, probably, easily explained by their play style for those champions.

Now, this isn't to say that everyone must enjoy every champion, or must change their play styles. The simplest way to avoid playing champions that you consider boring is just to play different champions, because every champion's kit suggests a slightly different way of playing the game. What I am trying to get across is that playing a different champion is not the only solution, that there are other ways to change playstyle, and that playing a different champion is really just a shortcut to changing your playstyle rather than the solution itself.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Syther Blade
<Member>
Syther Blade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2012 9:31am | Report
Mundo, i dont see why hes so common, its seriously Cleaver, 3 secs, CLeaver, 3 secs over and over all game

Sigs By: Syther Blade (me), TheNamelessBard
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2012 1:42am | Report
DashZ2 wrote:

right click champions are fun, tryndameres ult is so troll and when u escape its funny cause all u see in the /all chat is, FK U TRYNDAMERE NOOB PLAY A REAL CHAMP
lol
and veigar is fun bursting down ap carries, cause if they get fed, u press R and they dead, if u get fed, press R and there dead xD
the most boring champion out there is like heimer or supports that have boring ad carries, as a matter of fact, ashe is pretty boring when u just sit there and auto attack and then volley and then repeat

But that's because it's true. Tryndamere, Master Yi and other right clickers are the most boring and noobish champions to play. Especially Trynd since his ulti can give you kills and save your *** even though you pretty much suck as him. Those champions are IMO the ones that require the least skills, and I severly look down on anyone who plays them, and especially those who plays them badly.
OnT: The most boring champs must be all right clickers, and Veigar too
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide